Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Boycott on firms who use indian/pakistani. firms

i dont know about you but i reckon we ought to boycott firm who move to india and pakistan etc, losing british people (white and black) hard earned and needed jobs.

i rang directory enquiries the other day for a number, i spent 10 minutes fucking explaining the name and spelling it out then she got it wrong. i lost my temper a bit and told them what i thought. i know they record it so should make some good listening in bombay or wherever they are at.

its not about racism in any way its aboutthe loss of the jobs from british soil. and that someone - say from london rings 192 (or whatever) and gets transferred to someone in karachi - they want the number for a local resteraunt, hard to spell - the person on the end of the phone will not be able to help as they wont understand whats being said and vice versa.
    it will however benefit asylum seekers as they can speak their own language and ask where to spend their hard earned nas benefits.
    Last edited by Detector; 6th August 2003 at 01:20 AM.
    A wise man once said " "

ABCMan

well said, but it should start with all the companiess like nike and addidas who make their 50p / pair traines using child labour then sell them to idiots over here for £100 knowing thay'll fall apart in 6 months or less if used as anyting other than slippers.

then onto the companies who have moved their production overseas (as opposed to those who are compelled to build overseas such as those in the far east).

basicly a return to the i'm backing britain campaign of old, if we all bought british goods and services then we would all be helping to provide jobs for british people.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i agree 100% it fooking stinks. i must admit i feel sorry when i see kids in india and pakistan as young as 5 having to work 26 hrs a day just to live, and they have to do it to feed themselves as their parents cannot afford to do it.

something needs to be done i think a website is of the order.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol, call centers. i think i know what you mean m8 and your right.
    politics is bollox

Thanks
    Karma Level

i agree 100% it fooking stinks. i must admit i feel sorry when i see kids in india and pakistan as young as 5 having to work 26 hrs a day just to live, and they have to do it to feed themselves as their parents cannot afford to do it.
    so how is it bad for companies to have call centers in india?Customers complaing about the high cost of 192. Now the price is cheap because it is india ..and not only do u get cheap 192 calls but indian ppl can start supporting themselves..sumthing has to go..if they had kept 192 call centers here and lowered the price they would not be making a profit..every1 all togther .. What is the aim for a business? TO MAKE A PROFIT

All your whingin and moain about high taxes , nhs stretched to max.. u blame Mr Blair for that...no1 or nuffin else..he let the situation get out of control with asylum seekers... if you dont like it then vote for sum1 next time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

This isnt a British problem and its not about India or Pakistan .

Its a European problem and all part of this horrible globalising thats killing jobs allover Europe. In Germany since the reunification and loss of the Iron curtain all big firms have massively cut jobs in Germany to build factories in countries like Poland and Czec republic wherelabour is dirt cheap . Today is allabout stocks and shares and nothing else seems to matter to the top nobs . The higher the shares the higher thier personal cut. If it goes wrong they fu(k off with a large golden handshake to the next firm. Europe is also being flooded with Russians who provide cheap labour and run organised crime on a big scale such as smuggled fake cigarrettes.
    The only winners in all of this are a select few top nobs who get richer . Boycotting Im afraid will have no effect as nowdays big firms are all international and sponsor the politicians who make the laws. UP THE REVOLUTION !

PS: If anyone chooses to turn this thread into a racist shit Ill ban them no questions asked and it wont be a time ban.
    You have been warned.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

ABCMan

@sanj, that would be a fair comment if it wasnt for the fact that bt is the most expensive directory enquires service

and how much did the loss of 5000 uk jobs cost our economy? and how much more will it cost to keep the unfortunate workers on the dole and how much uk tax will bt no longer be paying? and how much ni will they avoid?

as 4me2 says its happening across the civilized world and it needs to stop, third world countries will never become usefull economies whilst they are being used simply as a source of free labour, look at the immigration into this country, these people are coming to the rich west from these very countries that we are now expected to buy services from. if they developed their own economies and supported their own people then we wouldnt get the immigrants and companies like nike and bt wouldnt be screwing us and them.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

sanj i get what your saying, but if it does go to india/if it has gone it will only be the weller off indians/ higher educated who get jobs there anyway and they are usually well off anyways.

still not going to affect the little kids who have to slave.

as 4me2 says same thing about russians atm - they are bringing fake cigs and in some cases very dangerous ones into this and every european country - the gangs and mafia run it sheilded by payment to both police and politician alike. how can you win with something like that.

its a global thing that yes is happening all over but at the end of the day i resent the fact thousands of people in the uk have to lose their job to move them somewhere no one has an idea of the local area etc.

also bt was making a 400% profit on 192 calls and all they had to do was lower the price as asked by watchdog. instead they tried to teach watchdog a lesson by moving to india and same time saving paying uk taxes etc.

one last thing id like to mention, its not about india or pakistan - its dont matter where it is - im protesting at the loss of uk jobs and the companys that take them to places such as india etc.
    Last edited by Detector; 6th August 2003 at 01:26 AM.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh Det, Id just like to point out that even in India they still only have 24 hours in a day and not 26 mate.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ye m8 was meant as irony :/

erm

cough, you do beleive me dont you.
    A wise man once said " "

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Like Turkey do you..?

Like toyota cars..?

Toyota is already producing cars in Turkey.

I make components for toyota.

How long till 'my' parts are made in montenegro or something like that..?

not long

How long until all of the trim & all of the steel & everything is made in ex-iron curtain countries..?

not long

That's thousands of uk jobs gone.

Don't kid yourselves, cheaper products (on the face of it) are a very bad thing.

1/2 of the people doing a particular job are shed because the other 1/2 can work twice as hard. This cascades through the consumer chain. Millions more people are dependant upon the state. Where's the state benefits coming from..? Less people paying NI for more people needing it.

Also: asylum is not necessarily such a bad thing. Genuine asylum. More poulation = more consumption = more work. Just need more space.

Eastern Europe is the same to us as Mexico is to the US. There for corporations to exploit.

Ramblings blah blah, just read some good impartial books like "Downsize This" by Michael Moore.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

ABCMan

Originally posted by beansontoast
    just read some good impartial books like "Downsize This" by Michael Moore.
    this michael more the left wing authour and director famed for likning to have a go at anything thats isnt left wing?

the same impartial michael more who was booed off the stage at the oscars after his speech there?

impartial indeeed, that guy doesnt have an impartial bone in his body.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I totally agree with Det, this is Globalisation at it's worst, with massive companies such as IBM, BT et al using cheap labour in labour rich countries such as India to keep costs down while thousands of people in this country and other western countries lose their jobs because the global corporations can exploit the workers of a developing country. It fukin stinks to high heaven and every time the G8 countries meet they wonder why there are so many protesters willing to take direct action to make their feelings known.

I wouldn't mind if the corporations were trying to spread the wealth to developing countries by paying them a fair wage for a days work but they don't and only pay them peanuts. It's the fukin top 1% of the world's richest fat cat executives that benefit, while the other 99% of the world fukin look on and wonder what the fuk is going on.

Now I ask you, with those kind of odds in our favour, how hard would it be to say 'fuk it, we've had enuff', and make a stand against these fukin parasites? But as always, apathy is the fukin killer, and we'll never change anything by sitting on our arses and just complaining about it. Direct action is the only answer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by ABCMan
    this michael more the left wing authour and director famed for likning to have a go at anything thats isnt left wing?

the same impartial michael more who was booed off the stage at the oscars after his speech there?

impartial indeeed, that guy doesnt have an impartial bone in his body.
    Buhahahahahaha, fuk me, you contridict yourself with nearly every post you make, one minute your against Globalisation (very left wing idea) with such companies as Nike etc exploiting 3rd world workers, then you are panning Micheal Moore because he says exactly the same kind of thing and you think he's 'left wing'.

You wanna get yer facts straight and try reading some Micheal Moore books m8, you don't know what you are talking about. If the world had more Micheal Moore's in it it would be a much fairer place to live.

And get your facts straight about him being booed off the stage at The Oscars, half of the crowd were actually booing the people who were booing him, you watch to much murdoch TV m8.
    Last edited by CzarJunkie; 6th August 2003 at 09:56 AM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Something does need to be done about the way companies just move production to the cheapest country, I seem to recall reading that Dyson (the hoover) is doing this, a perfect example of someone who makes a fortune in this country, and then shafts his workforce for even higher profits.

I also heard that the call centre staff in India are being shown episodes of Eastenders so that they can understand London accents I grew up in East London, and have lived in North & South London and rarely hear a cockney accent anymore.

Detector, nice short film btw.

mij

Thanks
    Karma Level

Michael moore left wing

So why does he have to sit on his money if hes so concerned about the worlds poor ? The fat useless (unt doesnt exactly look like his suffering from malnutrition or likely to in his next 10 lives.

Im sure his fat arse didnt get to look that way due to too much bike riding or exercise.

My point being you cant get any reasonable person to give your shit an ounce of credibility if you dont practice what you preach and walk around looking like a cross between Pavarotti and an elephant .

Thanks
    Karma Level

AHhhh the tightrope of globalisation vs local interest.

One the one hand you want to keep production here, which makes costs go up as it costs more to pay your workers, and so in the long run inflation starts to rise, very low unempolyment which requires us to 'import' workers to the UK. (ie people from poorer countries) So we end up with expensive cost of living, but a little less in tax to social security.

Or, instead of this we can use poor people in their own countries, pay them a pitance and ship their products back to us. This unfortunatly makes more people unemployed here, raises taxes for the rest of us (to support them, fight crime etc), but it does make our directory equires cheaper!

Where do you draw the line?

Oh and Michael Moore wasnt booed of stage, the crown gave a mixed reaction. Some applauded his stance, some booed. He was in no way booed of stage.
    Try Gentoo, the linux source distro...
    Currently Playing: Viewtifull Joe (GC), Mario Kart : Double Dash (GC), Mario & Luigi Superstars (GBA).

Thanks
    Karma Level

@4me2 - So Michael Moore shouldnt be paid any attention as he is fat.

Good point.

Thanks
    Karma Level

@4me2 - I'm surprised at you m8, why would Michael Moore being fat render his arguments about globalisation, unfair economic practices and campaigning against fat cat company executives while trying to get ordinary workers a fair deal on pay and conditions somehow invalid????

Maybe his weight problem is a medical issue, we don't know, but to dismis his sterling work to make the world a fairer place for the working man and woman is plain crazy m8.

Anybody here who thinks Michael Moore is a left wing, fat fuck who speaks bollox, then do me and everyone else here a favour and please read one of his Books or watch one of his films and then make your mind up.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by CzarJunkie
    Anybody here who thinks Michael Moore is a left wing, fat fuck who speaks bollox, then do me and everyone else here a favour and please read one of his Books or watch one of his films and then make your mind up.
    here here
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast