Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

xecutor 2.2 lite probs

i have an xecutor 2 lite in my machine which i installed myself and had no problems with however i have just fitted a 2.2 lite in my mates box and now i find out i need to flash the bios (why did they not state this when i was buying it?) so i proceeded to flash with what i thought was the correct bios however now when i turn on the xbox with the chip on i get a menu saying LINUX CLEAN BIOS and four choices 2 of which are not selectable so i dont know what they are for plus one saying bios which i assume will let me flash the bios and one which says hdd or something
    basically i haven't a clue what ive flashed into the chip but it's obviously not what im looking for so now ive read about the cromwell 4977 bios which seems to be what i need the problem with this is that after a lot of searching i still cant find anywhere to download it.
    why is it so hard to find is it illegal and if so why the **** did it not inform me of this on the site where i bought the chip
    i would really appreciate any help possible as my mates looking his xbox back and ive been searching for 2 days with no joy :annoyed:

Thanks
    Karma Level

First of calm down ! Yes it is illegal now to sell chips with bios preinstalled (except linux).

If you have Mirc then connect to efnet #xbins channel and read. A scource/details will be revealed of where to downloadload what your looking for per ftp . All you need is an ftp client like flash fxp.

You say you yourself have a box with x2 lite also installed ? If all else fails you can do what is known as a hot swap then.
    this maybe of use to you :
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials....,0,0,0,0,1,0,0

Also check the sticky in this section theres a step for step guide of flashing x2 lite.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers for the help found what i was looking flashed the chip, the info on the screen said everything was ok let it finish and switch off.
    so far so good.
    turn on the xbox and 3 reboots then flashes red and green so now im waiting on my x2lite ext flasher lead
    oh boy if theres a hard way i'll find it
    oh well! it could be worse at least the xbox hasn't blown up yet :grr:

its bound to soon

Thanks
    Karma Level

You say you have one in your box so you can use the Hot Swap method to flash your mates one. There is a Tut on Xboxscene I think, but basically you need to boot your good machine, while it's running remove the good chip and replace it with the one with the bad flash and then flash it as normal. :tongue
    Stu.... :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

you see alot of people with this problem, it is lame in my opinion that you buy the chip without knowing you have to flash it, noobs buy the chip thinkin they can just wang it in and its gonna be nice and then theyre told they have to start scouring round irc for illegal bios files.

anyway, back to the point, if your struggling to follow the tuts on xbox scene, register for the forum on there and search, your far from the first person to have this problem

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers lads hot swapped the chip ,worked great then my lead arrived the next day ,typical
    still alls good and the lead will be there in case i need it again.

besides it was worth it to see my wifes face when she came home from work to find me with my hands in my open xbox and it plugged into the power

think she muttered something about life insurance

anyhoo cheers again guys :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by fersy
    think she muttered something about life insurance

anyhoo cheers again guys :thumbs
    women always seem to think practicle dont they ?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry we couldn't have saved you the money for the programmer - never mind eh at least your sorted.
    Stu.... :-)