Close

ABCMan

Default another new handheld

this one isnt cheap at between $299-399 but seems to offer a lot

http://www.tapwave.com/

A high-resolution (480 x 320) 3.8-inch, 16-bit color (65,536 colors) display delivers incredible graphics for still images and full motion video.

The Motorola® i.MX1 ARM9 processor provides uncompromised performance in a very power-efficient design. What’s more, the i.MX1 processor is optimized for multimedia and Bluetooth functions, making it the ideal engine for Zodiac.

The ATI® Imageon™ graphics accelerator delivers advanced 2D hardware graphics performance. And the FatHammer X-Forge™ 3D graphics engine expands on that performance to deliver advanced console-quality 3D games and other rich 3D content.

Between these smart power-saving technologies and high-capacity batteries, you’ll be able to go, do and play longer between charges. It all adds up to a potent platform for mobile entertainment.

Basically, it’s a game console that fits in your pocket. True analog controller and a full complement of ergonomically placed triggers and action buttons let you stay in control of game play. Yamaha® audio component, stereo speakers, and earbud-style headphones produce rich sound. Vibration effects complete the sensory experience. Premiere titles from the industry’s leading publishers increase the fun. And automated, web-based high-score reporting enables you to participate in tournaments and community competition on select games.

Full-featured digital music player makes it easy to organize and play all your favorite MP3s. Carry your favorite photos with you and create slide shows to share with your friends and family. Use the Kinoma full-screen, full-motion video player.

Press the Bluetooth button on your Zodiac and you’re ready to challenge up to 7 other worthy opponents to some spirited wireless, multiplayer gaming.* Pair the Zodiac with a supported Bluetooth-equipped mobile phone or Bluetooth hub and enjoy wireless connectivity almost anywhere in the world. Send messages, images and more to your friends.

At just 6.3 ounces, Zodiac doesn’t weigh you down. It’s brilliantly smart design supports both landscape or portrait orientation.

Two easily accessible expansion slots let you add anything from memory to content to SDIO cards. Double the fun. Double the expandability. Pump up your memory to 1GB with the latest cards. Drop an SD card into one slot and view a video or a photo album. Use the other to switch between your favorite games. Or maybe add a digital camera. The options are nearly endless.

And because Zodiac was built on the Palm OS, you’ve got your choice of more than 19,000 applications, right out of the chute.

Find the right answer with the full-function graphing calculator. Create Microsoft® Word-compatible documents using the word processing application with an integrated dictionary, thesaurus and spell checker. Store names, phone numbers, addresses and more in the Address Book. Manage and view your schedule using the Date Book. Track commitments and assignments with the To Do List and keep up with notes using the Memo Pad
    all with 128mb of memory for zodiac 2 or 32mb for zodiac 1, released end of this month, storage is on mmc sized sd cards

Thanks
    Karma Level

looks nice, bit expensive though, i suppose its good value for money compared to other devices, but considering you can pick up a gp32 for £100 im not sure how succesfull it will be, and obviously it has to compete with the gpasp

Thanks
    Karma Level

Woah that looks pretty nifty. If it's as flexable and programmable as the GP32 it'll be fantastic!

From the look of the labels on the back of the unit it's a Palm powered system, sounds even better
    Last edited by Arcolite; 13th October 2003 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah been looking at this for a while, alot of the better gp32 coders are looking toward moving over to it

if the coders upgrade, then who are we to argue

full speed snes emulation anyone?

ABCMan

i think it offers enough extra to put it beyond the handheld market, at $400 for 128mb its certainly favourble to the £599 i paid for my pda (with 64mb) but what i realy want is an i-que handheld which plays snes and n64 roms at full speed from flashcards i-que costs about $60 and the games about $6 each, oh and nintendo are bringing a wireless link for the gba in the first quater of next year which should be nice.

now can someone dump me the mario kart bonus disc? (its got gba game upgrades on it)

Thanks
    Karma Level

is n64 emulation for handheld (especially if its crude porting) not a bit optimistic?

Thanks
    Karma Level

The zodiac looks great!!! I think I'll wait and see if all those titles come out and maybe buy one. I've been wanting a new pda, and if I can get a cool console that's also a pda is brilliant.
    -=+PhliX+=-

ABCMan

Quote Originally Posted by Jester
    is n64 emulation for handheld (especially if its crude porting) not a bit optimistic?
    its not emulation, the i-que is by nintendo and designed to play snes and n64 games it comes with a flashcard thats locked to the machine and you pay $6 to have the card flashed with whatever game u want from the converted / available titles (10 to start with) sadly its only available in china

Thanks
    Karma Level

The i-que's not a handheld. Its a version of the game cube for the chinese market. According to the bbc website anyway.
    -=+PhliX+=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its not a gc....Its a very basic console system....
    http://spong.com/index.asp?art=5053

The company hopes to launch ten games alongside the console when it arrives in mid-October in the Chinese provinces of Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chengdu - but don't expect all singing, all dancing modern 3D titles. Among the key titles for launch are Chinese language versions of the Super Mario Bros games.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content...e=pub&aid=2305
    Sorry folks about the PSP history, I sold one at the price I bought to a mate and 2nd one I got some cash extra.