Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Binatone ADSL Help

the adsl 500 modem when first installed works fine. i can log off and on the internet with the modem no probem, but if i shut down and restart my advent MID2020 notebook, the modem will not connect. if i unplug the USB lead and reconnect, it works fine, the adsl modem works fine on a dell notebook. drivers are ok and notebook has sp1pack installed. please please please help.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Binatone ADSL Help

<!--StartFragment --><!--StartFragment -->Do you still suffer from this ADSL modem problem? I am running XPpro SP1 on an IBM Thinkpad T20 with a Binatone 500 USB modem. Eventually it installed correctly and connected, so dialup and ADSL modems were functioning. Then after full reboot with ADSL modem still plugged it both the dialup and ADSL modem no longer connect. For the dialup modem it verifies the password and connects, however browsers such as IE6 and Mozilla Firebird cannot load webpages. Even the Binatone config webpage does not load. Also the system runs very slowing and programs begin to prompt errors.
    I now have disconnected the Binatone ADSL modem and rebooted. Now my dialup modem behaves correctly as it was before ADSL installing the Binatone modem.
    Is this similar to your symptoms? Have you tried other modem models? I don't know what to try next?

Quote Originally Posted by 1stevans
    the adsl 500 modem when first installed works fine. i can log off and on the internet with the modem no probem, but if i shut down and restart my advent MID2020 notebook, the modem will not connect. if i unplug the USB lead and reconnect, it works fine, the adsl modem works fine on a dell notebook. drivers are ok and notebook has sp1pack installed. please please please help.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Binatone ADSL Help

my sagen fast 800 does the same on windows2000. you have to pull it out out and plug it back everytime u restart.