Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default The Official Arsenal getting knocked out of the Champions League thread

Just got back from Library (watch the highlights and you'll see why it's called that)
    What a game by Blues! Another good battling performance all over the pitch.
    After seeing United do similar a few days ago I've noticed:
    Arsene Wenger.....you're girls don't like it up 'em!
    :tongue :tongue :tongue :tongue :tongue :tongue etc etc....

Now just off to book my tickets for Monaco.......... :thumbs

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The Official Arsenal getting knocked out of the Champions League thread

and despite Chelsea's expensive, and much vaunted foreign legion who scored the goals that put them through...Lampard and Bridge.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The Official Arsenal getting knocked out of the Champions League thread

we bossed the first half but when you equalised there was only going to be one winner, we looked jaded & tired but chelsea deserved to win. John terry was immense & is the parter for sol in the euro champs this summer.

good luck against monaco although i always thought real madrids dodgy defence would come back to haunt them...

could the championship race be closer by monday... hmmmm lets see how we can bounce back.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by azz_uk
    and despite Chelsea's expensive, and much vaunted foreign legion who scored the goals that put them through...Lampard and Bridge.
    As opposed to the Arsenal ladies, cost-less-than-a-tenner, full English, goals scored by English....NOT!
    I think if you look at the line ups last night there were more English on the Blue (victorious) side of the game than the red side. I believe therefore that the foreign legion tag is firmly yours! :oops

Thanks
    Karma Level

One thing I did notice at Library last night was 30,000 or so of these

Thanks
    Karma Level

well done chelsea i was hoping they would win, getting abit bored of arsenal - now for the premier league!!

i thought gudjohnsen and terry were exceptional.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Congrat's Chelsea.
    Hope you go all the way, your manager deserves it.
    Can only say one more thing as a gooner.

GUTTED!
    Last edited by markmmouse; 7th April 2004 at 09:28 AM.
    If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain....... do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton.... and people say she is just a big pair of tit's!!
    David Brent

Thanks
    Karma Level

so glad chelsea won...only for ranieri

i would like to see them win the champions league for ranieri
    just because of his treatment.

what would mr feckin moneybags do then ????
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

Line taken from latest Clio car advert soon to be screened:
    "Hey Bobby. What's French for got turned over again?"

But hey he's not all bad. Here's a piccy of him and an Arse fan after the game.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Either way they are both SCUM.

Chelsea should make it through to the final now. I think that Makekele had a great game along with Terry. When Jesper G came on and stopped the Arse playing the ball around a packed midfield it put them off balance and they never got back in the game.

Henry was poor... I think too much has been asked of him this season and it is finally catching up with him.
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chippa
    As opposed to the Arsenal ladies, cost-less-than-a-tenner, full English, goals scored by English....NOT!
    I think if you look at the line ups last night there were more English on the Blue (victorious) side of the game than the red side. I believe therefore that the foreign legion tag is firmly yours! :oops
    i think he was being sarcastic, saying that everyone says about chelsea only being good because of their foreign players but it was two englishmen who scored
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well done the Blues

Finally got to shut them smug c\/nts up.

Had to make do with going to the Shed bar to watch the game, when we got back to Pimlico no goners in site, all gone home to cry and dream of what could have happened.

@ Chippa you lucky *******, wish I could have been there

Thanks
    Karma Level

Va Va Effin Voom................

A trophyless season for the gooners - how funny.

Kids it goes to show - the class bully always gets found out in the end!!!!!

LMAO
    NtB
    We'll be coming...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well done Chelsea. At the start of the season I couldn't of cared less who won it out of Chelsea, Arsenal or Newcastle. Just as long as Man Utd won fcuk all. Ha ha. Come on Millwall :cartman

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well Done Chelski!!!! Hope they go all the way as its been said already the manager deserves it for all the cr@p that been spread about!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah as a gooner I'm gutted !

In a strange way, scoring just before half time did us a disservice as Chelsea came out for the second half fighting and with more of an edge than they had in the first half. Their goal was the turning point and from that point we got well beat.

I think Arsenal showed last night the reason why they struggle in Europe (even though last night was against a Prem side). All night Lauren had been keeping Duff very quiet and out of the game (apart from that first half chance). It was obvious Wenger had given him the job of man marking him. But when Duff was subbed for Cole, Lauren got no instruction as to whether now defend zonally or man mark Cole. As a result he defended zonally and left acres of space out on the left. Suddenly Chelsea were having much better luck on the left and were cutting Arsenal to pieces and had it not been for Cole would have already scored from a move started on the left. Arsenal just dont seem to adapt well to changes in tactics by the opposing team.

But hats off to Chelsea - Arsenal had the chances to win by half time but second half they were far the better team. It hurts to say but its the truth.

Even though they beat Real, I dont see Monaco knocking Chelsea out and see them getting to the final. I wouldnt have wanted United to win it, but I'll be behind Chelsea to win it. Ranieri deserves it after the treatment the board have given him this season and it will be one big finger up to them for spending so much of their time trying to court Eriksson.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Was pleased purely for Ranieri, he's has been treated like a c**t by Abramovich and Kenyon, when he's brought the European Cup back to Stamford Bridge in May I hope he announces his resignation and tells the russian w@nker to shove his job up his arse.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Found this game for the Arse girls to play:

Thanks
    Karma Level

I just hope now that there is'nt a "The Official Arsenal getting knocked out of the prem thread".

Lets see how we do now after back to back defeats.
    If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain....... do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton.... and people say she is just a big pair of tit's!!
    David Brent

Thanks
    Karma Level

although a gooner , i was directed to this, which in a macabre way find quite funny..... its only a game

h**p://www.ozvfr.net/gallery/arse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast