Karma Level

Default Creatine

Anyone used this suplement ?
    What did you think of it ?
    Any side effects ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Creatine

i don't know if i'm bucking a trend here but generally supplements are a complete waste of time and money...the only do what proper eating does and generally most of them are flushed from your system to early to be useful.
    Saying this though creatine is the only effective over the counter supplement (other than milk!), you could get the same effects from a ton of meat, but it would be hard to eat enough! Be careful with it though, its easy to gain weight on it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Supplements arent a waste of time aslong as u use them properly, not just hav 1 drink and expect to see a change. Certain brands r not as good as others. Some cheaper ones r better than more xpensive ones. As for creatine look here m8:

http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=180041

Hope this helps

EM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by enee6087
    i don't know if i'm bucking a trend here but generally supplements are a complete waste of time and money...the only do what proper eating does and generally most of them are flushed from your system to early to be useful.
    Saying this though creatine is the only effective over the counter supplement (other than milk!), you could get the same effects from a ton of meat, but it would be hard to eat enough! Be careful with it though, its easy to gain weight on it.
    disagree with you m8 regarding the supp's as it helps you when you dont have a chance to grab a bite to eat, easier to digest a protein shake in seconds rather than trying to eat
    a tin of tuna in 5 or so minutes...also eating to get enough carbs/protien etc can cause you
    to feel bloated a quick shake and you still feel ok and you have got your essential nutrients
    The only downside of supp's can be the cost...
    Creatine atp in the liquid form is quite good but expensive and you dont need to bulk up
    and less sh1t on your kidneys...doesnt cause the chalky effect you get with the powder
    and you take it only when training..couple of drops on your tongue....
    some supp's are sh1te but what works for some might not work for you....

Thanks
    Karma Level

When I used to go to the gym... I tired Creatine and after a month of usage I found that I was shitting more than usual... you may laugh but its true. If you don’t use extra creatine you have taken... you just piss/shit it out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No! your muscles will store the creatine, thats why you have to be careful with creatine, cause not only does it cause water retention, but not training properly it will make you fat...
    Protein supplementation is fine, as long as you dod not use it as an meal replacement too much, and milk is a better supplement than any of that expensive crap.
    See its the training not the supplements that is important, train hard and eat right and you will gain, supplements cannot help you if you do not have this bit right. Also in my opinion the supplements will not make any drastic difference at all. All those products that claim to burn body fat, extend muscle pump or whatever are rubbish and shold be treated as such. Protein powders don't fall into this catagory, but your diet should provide enough protein without the need for extra supplemtation.
    Get the training right first, ask yourself what you want from your training, set goals, and research how to meet them. Remember though, if you want to be a champion body builder, or olymipic weight lifting star then you may need some different kind of 'supplementation' from the doctor and even with that its probably a step too far away anyway.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by enee6087
    No! your muscles will store the creatine, thats why you have to be careful with creatine, cause not only does it cause water retention, but not training properly it will make you fat...
    Protein supplementation is fine, as long as you dod not use it as an meal replacement too much, and milk is a better supplement than any of that expensive crap.
    See its the training not the supplements that is important, train hard and eat right and you will gain, supplements cannot help you if you do not have this bit right. Also in my opinion the supplements will not make any drastic difference at all. All those products that claim to burn body fat, extend muscle pump or whatever are rubbish and shold be treated as such. Protein powders don't fall into this catagory, but your diet should provide enough protein without the need for extra supplemtation.
    Get the training right first, ask yourself what you want from your training, set goals, and research how to meet them. Remember though, if you want to be a champion body builder, or olymipic weight lifting star then you may need some different kind of 'supplementation' from the doctor and even with that its probably a step too far away anyway.

Not quite right mate. A very close friend of mine told me something once, he was a great bodybuilder "Imagine you are the owner of a building site (its your body) Now on a building site, what are the 2 most important things?? Materials (thats our food) and Workers (thats our excercise). Without one, you cant use the other so both are as important as the each other. In regards to getting enough nutrition from your diet, you'd have to be extremely healthy and motivated to get enough protein, carbs and vitamins from just your diet. I've got a question for you all tho. How effective at absorbing nutrients from your food is your body? For example: If one night for tea you eat alot of sweetcorn the next day it just comes out the other end looking the same, so ask yourself, what did that really do for me? Did i gain much nutrition from eating that? So i think a Protein shake does wonders for nutritional levels as it is probably fully processed by your body! What does everyone else think? :nowords:

Thanks
    Karma Level

never mind your 'great' bodybuilder mate (who, from my experience with body builders, including a 10th place in mr. olympia (or what ever its called) professional, take vast quantities of steriods), what are your experiences? other than shitting sweet corn? maybe if you tried eating it again, the second trip might aid digestion??!! cows have four stomachs to digest all the grass...maybe you could turn yourself into a pseudo-cow, shitting into a bowl and wolfing it back down?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I think I heard that actually the nutrients are absorbed in sweetcorn and its just the shell you see.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos
    Well I think I heard that actually the nutrients are absorbed in sweetcorn and its just the shell you see.

Class, i didn't know that so theres one of life's wee mystery's solved.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you are going to take Creatine get one with dextrose included in the pack.

If you get the crap that holland and barret sells it won't dissolve in the water and give you the shits.

It's won't make you fat but it will make your muscles swell slightly when the creatine in uptook by the muscle cells, you will be able to train better but do not use more than is advised on the pack as it is has the potential to be hard on the kidneys if you take too much.

You cold try this stuff:

http://www.sncdirect.com/snc.nsf/Pro...256A9C00343AB2
    Trying not to kill myself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMQH_xrFmKU

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've used all three types of creatine a while back (powder, capsules, liquid)

Powder: Needs loading stage. Take every day. Take 1 hour before training. p*ssing constantly . Has good results. Cheap.

Capsules: Similar to powder.

Liquid (serum): No loading. Take only on training days (few minutes before training). No side effects. Handy. Costly (although cheaper in the long run as no loading or taking on non-training days). Excellent results.

As you can see I reccomend the liquid creatine. GNC sell it for about £40 a bottle but you'd be surprised how long it lasts. Small enough to pop in your bag or even pocket. Only one way to find out how good it is though.
    Last edited by Chippa; 28th April 2004 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-creatine.asp

the above article should clear up all confusion

but steer clear dextrose delivery systems if trying to lose weight .