Close

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Portugal 1-1 England (2-2 A.E.T) PORTUGAL WIN 6-5 ON PENS (EURO 04) 1/4F

In a very tense match, which grew wven more so as the game went on, a goal in the 3rd minute by Owen - and the loss of Rooney before the half-hour mark when again he was looking the star that he is, this became a real backs to the wall performance from England. And Rooney's injury was the turning point in the match - so early in the proceedings.

The defense had as stern a test as you could imagine, and time after time they battled valiantly for their country. David James was very solid between the sticks, but Portugal time and time again made our hearts pound in our throats.

With quarter of an hour left, James made an excellent save, and then they took off Figo.

But we battled bravely but in the 82nd minute, Postiga got an equaliser, which on the balance of play, Portugal deserved.

Then Campbell buried a header home on the 90th minute but the ref called a foul (though the television replay suggests that the challenge was fair - indeed Campbell fouled his own man Terry - and the goal didn't stand - and Portugal almost scored on the counter.

Extra Time:

1st Period:
    Portugal started strong and looked the more likely to get the Silver Goal until the last five minutes of the first peroid, then England looked as if they could create something, but it wasn't to be.

2nd Period:
    Level start, and Cole started to get the better of Ronaldo, but Portugal still looked fitter. England cleared off the line superbly but then Portugal's Rui Costa stuck the ball home from the edge of the box - a class strike. No matter how we tried, the ball always seemed to fall to the feet of a man a red shirt - and alas, that wasn't England. Then 6 minutes from the end, a Beckham corner was slammed home by Frank Lampard. Deserved for the goal that we should have had. The last minute of extra time and we had a free kick out left.....but it went for a corner. From this, Portugal cleared - and into penalties we went.

PENALTIES:

ENGLAND: (BECKHAM) MISSED
    PORTUGAL: (DECO) SCORED 0-1
    ENGLAND: (OWEN) SCORED
    PORTUGAL: (SIMAO) SCORED 1-2
    ENGLAND: (LAMPARD) SCORED
    PORTUGAL: (RUI COSTA) MISSED 2-2
    ENGLAND: (TERRY) SCORED
    PORTUGAL: (RONALDO) SCORED 3-3
    ENGLAND: (HARGREAVES) SCORED
    PORTUGAL: (MANICHE) SCORED 4-4

SUDDEN DEATH:

ENGLAND: (COLE) SCORED
    PORTUGAL: (POSTIGA) SCORED 5-5
    ENGLAND: (VASSELL) MISSED
    PORTUGAL: (RICARDO) SCORED :grr: 5-6

Ratings:

James 8
    Neville G. 8
    Campbell 9
    Terry 8
    Cole 9
    Lampard 8
    Scholes 7
    Beckham 7
    Gerrard 7
    Rooney 7
    Owen 8

Subs:

Vassell 7
    Neville P. 7
    Hargreaves 7

Portugal go through to the Semi-Finals.

As an extra thought - why was the game referee'd by a man from a country that England had just knocked out of the tournament in the group stages?

Not our best performance, but perhaps Portugal's best.

Bilbo.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Portugal 1-1 England (2-2 A.E.T) PORTUGAL WIN 6-5 ON PENS (EURO 04) 1/4F

that fu cking ref needs a kicking, need i say more, he was useless, ginving free kicks away for nothing and bolloc king on about that goal in the last minute

he needs shooting

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Portugal 1-1 England (2-2 A.E.T) PORTUGAL WIN 6-5 ON PENS (EURO 04) 1/4F

Mr Urs Mier you are a true gentleman, scholar and legend . As is Ricardo :thumbs ! now i can finally enjoy this tournament now England are out

Portugal were my tip before the tournament and i'm especially glad i backed them cos they've stuck england out!

I know it's petty but but before i get flamed ask yourself this. Would you ever back your own clubs derby team in any competition?

No you'd post blatant cheek and enjoy the moment of them getting knocked out on their arse just as i'm doing with England :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Switzerland 1 England 0

Useless Cunt lisa (up my own) bott's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

when we play as bad a scotland or wales ..then i'll panic...until then, well done lads a great run.. and can any one think of a better way to unite a country????? ( royal deaths not included)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I dont like football, special English football but that disallowed goal was ok and I would say that England does not deserve to loose.
    I’m alive and kicking yeh baby.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ONE WORK!!!

WE WERE CHEATED!!!!!

the cambell goal was ok, the ref was totaly useless!!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

kill the ref

i think somone need to pay that my a visit

before a rag head bomber from england drops over ...........
    i'll suck you off, if you ask nicely.

please sir, will you suck my................

Thanks
    Karma Level

I seriously feel sorry for the people of portugal tonight. As i fear they will be in for a night of violence. Big time. Its sad to say but given the circumstances you can gather what frame of mind the english fans will be in!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Robbed.

Now i can't watch englands next game willing them to go out :<

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo_baggin
    As an extra thought - why was the game referee'd by a man from a country that England had just knocked out of the tournament in the group stages?

Not our best performance, but perhaps Portugal's best.

Bilbo.
    Couldnt agree more!! when i saw where the ref was from today I knew we were in shit!!!

For christ sake we just battered them in the qualifiers! beyond me :annoyed:

At least Dick Turpin wore a friggin mask!

Thanks
    Karma Level

that was the worst ref I have seen in a long time.

Swedish my arse.....he might as well have played for portugal.

Every tackle/free kick decision was against England.

There was no consistency, and the disallowed goal was the topping on the cake.

Did anyone see the free kick being taken after the disallowed goal.....I bet it wasn't taken in the right place.

Good game spoiled again by the man in black!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree, that ref was shite!!! And i think beckham has now passed his sell by date, he did nothing whatsoever in this tournament.!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

[22:40] ** ENGLAND has quit EURO2004 (Connection reset by Portugal) ...Nuff said :tongue

Thanks
    Karma Level

we got harshed our team started shite and pulled it back together.. given the absence of rooney and beckhams poor performance we did well. owen was starting to look promising again as well. i think ronaldo should have been booked on more than one occassion i was waiting for cole to lamp him one he deserved it. nonetheless portugal had majority possession and were all over us for most of the game. this was probably the game where we have been more skanked than any other i can remember and they even took the piss in penalties which didn't help the situation. To be quite honest I hope portugal get beat by greece again in the semis (doubtful that greece will make the semis) who i hope will go on to win.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't rise to their bait tonight...we won't live to see any of the other home nations qualify for a big tournament!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

get it rite up you ya sassenack c##ts hail-hail caledonia

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    [22:40] ** ENGLAND has quit EURO2004 (Connection reset by Portugal) ...Nuff said :tongue
    connection reset by a Swiss ref actually.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by carbandit
    get it rite up you ya sassenack c##ts hail-hail caledonia
    go away for 24 hous.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    Don't mean to be rude, but

Fu(k Off

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast