Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Does your Printer Ink dry up? How good is your Printer?

I have a Lexmark Z13 - which is utter shite. The worst part is if i don't use it for a while (as in over a month) then the ink seems to dry up even though i don't use it causing me to buy a new one or try to refil it. It happened three times already. On top of that i know two other people who have Lexmarks and the same thing happened to them. The ink just drys right out it seems - as in just vapourizes.

Is this kind of thing common? Does it happen with all printers that aren't used for a while?

I was thinking about buying a new Printer - heard a lot of great reviews about the Canon I450 - last time i checked most places stopped selling that and now sell the slightly more expensive I455 which has a slight addition of some sort - to do with printing directly from Digi Cams.

Anyway, how good is your printer? Do you experience this kind of problem with yours?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Does your Printer Ink dry up? How good is your Printer?

I have an Epson and it dries up for fun - am also looking for a new printer for photos and was thinking about a Canon or HP?

Thanks
    Karma Level

My epsom 440 (Yeah old I know) does it all the time aswell, though I blame the cheap ink I put in it. It dries that often I aint even got the printer installed now.
    Just a quick note tho, when mine does dry up, I take the cartridge out and blow through the small pin hole in the top till a few drops of ink come out the bottom and this normally resolves the problem. Altho its only the black ink that seems to dry for me....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Most printers do this but if we all read the instruction book on them they say to use them at least once a month to prevent this.My R200 aint getting a chance to dry out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Epson are proven to be worse than other models however as far as I'm aware.

Thanks
    Karma Level

HP 970 CXi here, purchased just under 2 years ago and still going strong on the original carts without a problem (I don't do a lot of printing).

I had it sat under my bed at one stage for about 6 months and fully expected the carts to be dried up when I pulled it back out and plugged it in again, but no, it worked first time without any probs at all.

I have had Epson before and they are utter shite (they always seem to break down just after the warranty period has expired), as for Lexmark printers, they are simply bin fodder once the carts are empty.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xad
    I have a Lexmark Z13 - which is utter shite. The worst part is if i don't use it for a while (as in over a month) then the ink seems to dry up even though i don't use it causing me to buy a new one or try to refil it. It happened three times already. On top of that i know two other people who have Lexmarks and the same thing happened to them. The ink just drys right out it seems - as in just vapourizes.

Is this kind of thing common? Does it happen with all printers that aren't used for a while?

I was thinking about buying a new Printer - heard a lot of great reviews about the Canon I450 - last time i checked most places stopped selling that and now sell the slightly more expensive I455 which has a slight addition of some sort - to do with printing directly from Digi Cams.

Anyway, how good is your printer? Do you experience this kind of problem with yours?
    i got the same printer m8, my ink seems to be ok but its no good when it refuses to print page borders in word :grr:

Thanks
    Karma Level

HP all the way, i have plenty of experience with epsons drying up and being shite

HP just dont seem to have this problem
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

this is more likely on New epsons i got a r200 and i never turned on for a week and those lines appereared on the that test thing were it prints thr 6 colours i had to clean heads, my old epson 850 never really fuks up very reliable the worst is i have to clean heads twice when i put in a compatible which i have been using for 2good years