Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Best matches for your team!

My best matches are the following

1) Bradford 2 - 0 Barnet i know what your saying whats so good about that match but i was the mascot! I was only ten at the time!

2) Wolves 2 - 3 Bradford - Promotion to premier league!

3) Bradford 1 - 0 Liverpool - Stayed in premier league

4) Blackpool 0 - 3 Bradford - after blackpool beat us at home 2-0 in the first leg of the play off semi-final they were bragging in the program about going to wembley giving price of tickets & travel! then the city lads turn up and go to wembley ha ha

5) Bradford 2 - 0 Notts County - Division 2 play off final 1994

6) Bradford 2 - 1 Sheff Wed - 1-0 down 2 mins to go we bring on Gordon Watson who scores twice, that the loudest i have heard valley parade in a long time!

7) Everton 2 - 3 Bradford - Big fa cup shock second division beat premier league! This is the game where Chris Waddle lobs Neville Southall from near the halfway line!
    [IMG]http://uk.geocities.com/djbantam2004/batista_sig4.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Best matches for your team!

From all the games I've ever been to...

Everton 3-4 Manu - great game, shame we lost. 03/04 season

Everton 5-0 Sunderland Boxing Day 99. Best performance by Everton that I've witnessed. Sunderland were top 3 at the time if I remember rightly

Leeds 2-2 Galatasaray - atmosphere and a good game. The scumbags from Istanbul played well to be fair

Huddersfield 2-1 Bradford - sorry Scott ! Great game though. Blake and Thornley scored, can't remember who else

Everton 2-0 Arsenal; Everton 2-0 Chelsea...both in 2000/01 season...watching a god damned awful side beat class opposition was good to say the least

Bradford 0-1 Everton.2000/01. watching us getting outplayed for 90 minutes only to score an injury time winner through Naysmith was nice!

Italy 1-1 Sweden (Porto) not that good as a game but being there was something else
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

All Leeds games but I struggle to get excited about other teams games...

Sheffield United 2-3 Leeds. We were confirmed as champions, own goals, gaffs, this game had it all.

Leeds 4-3 Liverpool. 3 goals down and Viduka hits 4. Sheer bliss.

Leeds 3-0 Deportivo. Great atmosphere and thought we were destined for European glory.

Arsenal 2-3 Leeds. Grit, determination, great goals and we stayed up. Fantastic atmosphere at Highbury (for our fan's)

(As for Galatasary v Leeds - RIP Christopher Loftus and Kevin Speight)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh shit I forgot Everton 4-4 Leeds in 1999/2000...one of the best game I've ever seen. Davey Weir last minute denying Leeds a 10th straight win (I think)
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

all the ones mentioned by Lee

plus

Leeds 4 - 5 Liverpool - we were 3-0 at half time and so nearly got a draw against at the time, a very good liverpool side that included Barnes. Chapman scored a hat-trick and had one disallowed. He became the first ever player to score a hat-trick and still be on the losing side.

Leeds 1 - 0 Liverpool - Yeboah scored the best goal I have ever seen and to be in the crowd and witness it was amazing.

Leeds 4 - 3 Derby - Losing 3-0 and ended up getting the winner in injury time.

Leeds vs Man U - various victories, a couple of 1-0s, 2-1, 3-1 etc, always good to see us beat the scumbags.

Roma 0 - 0 Leeds - Went to rome to watch the game, fantastic atmosphere and we took them back to ER and beat them 1-0 to go through on aggregate.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My best is still Liverpool 0 - Arsenal 2 to win the title on the last game of the season at Anfield on 26th May 1989. A memory that will stay with me forever. "Arsenal come streaming forward now in what surely will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon finding Smith...to Thomas charging through the midfield. Thomas....its up for grabs now.....Thomas right at the end.......an unbelievable climax to the league season. Well into injury time, the Liverpool players are down absolutely abject. Aldridge is down. Barnes is down. Dalglish just stands there. Nichol's on his knees. McMahon's on his knees. Suddently it was Micheal Thomas bursting through. The bounce fell his way. He flips it wide of Grobbelar. And we have the most dramatic finish maybe in the history of the Football League"

Second is the FA Cup Final win against Man United in 1979 3-2. I was only 6 at the time (giving my age away there) but I can remember it like it was yesterday.

Third would be our Cup Winners Cup win against Parma in 1994 1-0. Maybe not our greatest performance of all time but its still the only European success Arsenal have had during my life so far (the emphasis on "so far")

There are so many others, even non important games like the one where we had already won the title and played Everton on the last day of the season and Tony Adams scored a blinder with his left foot - priceless !!!).

Thanks
    Karma Level

The best game I ever went to was when we beat Leeds at Ninian in the FA Cup when they were top of the Premiership. We beat you 2 - 1, crocked Ferdinand and instigated the downward spiral that has seen Leeds drop down a division and left them in financial ruin with the real possibility that you'll no longer even be able to call Elland Road home.

I'm not saying Cardiff were the reason for all that but that was certainly when the wagon went off the rails.

Any game where we have beaten Swansea is also pretty good, especially 4-1 in 1992 or 3. The First Division Play Off final where we beat QPR the season before last as well, being that it was in the Millenium in Cardiff as well makes it even better.

Thanks
    Karma Level

One of the best match i've seen was Everton 2 Arsenal 1 02/03, one nil down then got back into it through scumbag Radzinski, then will never forget the goal that had the nation talking about, Rooneys first in the premiership and what a belter never forget that goal. Plus stopped Arsenal's unbeaten run away from home,

Others are Everton 4 Liverpool 4 and winning the replay 1-0

And winning the FA Cup in 95 against United 1-0

Thanks
    Karma Level

With these Everton supporters having to bring up games against Arsenal, I'm glad I mentioned that game against them now

You would have thought they'd have more respect after my commentary quote of the Anfield 89 game :whistle

Thanks
    Karma Level

Any game we win....

Including:

3-1 Scum FA Semi
    2-1 Liverpool FA Qtr at Anfield
    2-1 Norwich Lge Cup Qtr
    5-2 Man City FA Qtr at Maine Road
    4-3 Sheff Wed Hillsborough (Jurgens 1st game)
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Everton 2-4 Millwall. League cup tie a few years back. 2-0 down at half time. 2-2 full time and two more goals for us in extra time. great stuff

Reading 3 - 4 Millwall. 4-0 up at halftime and all going mad. their PA was winding up the crowd before the game about Mark Mcghee and what they were going to do to us. we were loving it at halftime but shi*ting a brick near the end.

Millwall 1-0 Sunderland. Cup semi last season for obvious reasons. Final was great day too even though result and performance was poor.

Millwall 3-2 QPR. This result made us the best team in the land and sitting proudly on top of the old 'First Division'. A terry Hurlock 35 yarder and late penalty save by Brian Horne made an unbelievable day.

Arsenal 0-2 Millwall. FA Cup tie. went 1-0 up fairly early and were hanging on. Mark Kennedy gets the ball late on in own half and starts running. The whole crowd and bench was screaming to get it in the corner but the boy just ran and ran and ran forrest gump style and banged it in past seaman from 30 yards. complete madness after. beat Chelsea on penalties in next round which was good too.

Millwall 4-1 West Ham. last season was bloody good day. Whooping local rivals and missing two penalties to boot. bragging rights for a few months is always good.

i could probably fill 3 or 4 pages on the lows of following Millwall but thats another thread..........

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WalterPill
    The best game I ever went to was when we beat Leeds at Ninian in the FA Cup when they were top of the Premiership. We beat you 2 - 1, crocked Ferdinand and instigated the downward spiral that has seen Leeds drop down a division and left them in financial ruin with the real possibility that you'll no longer even be able to call Elland Road home.

I'm not saying Cardiff were the reason for all that but that was certainly when the wagon went off the rails.

Any game where we have beaten Swansea is also pretty good, especially 4-1 in 1992 or 3. The First Division Play Off final where we beat QPR the season before last as well, being that it was in the Millenium in Cardiff as well makes it even better.
    And all your chav fan's got excited cos the match was on telly. Believe me, we were already on the way down...

Thanks
    Karma Level

wolves 3 - 0 sheffield united (promotion to premiership)
    wolves 1 - 0 man united
    wolves 4 - 3 leicester (we were 3-0 down at half time and scored more goals in 40 minutes than we had all season)
    wolves 1 - 1 liverpool
    wolves 2 - 1 everton (wouldnt have been down if man city didnt beat newcastle and we would have been 3 points from safety)
    all wolves v albion matches

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tridion, I don't know what it is but we always seem to raise our game against you. Its a shame we don't play like we do against you at home against Liverpool and Manu...

ps I remember Tony Adams' goal very well, that really took the piss, you beat us 4-0 and put us in deep shit, only to stay up the following week on the last day

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunjim
    Any game we win....

Including:

3-1 Scum FA Semi
    2-1 Liverpool FA Qtr at Anfield
    2-1 Norwich Lge Cup Qtr
    5-2 Man City FA Qtr at Maine Road
    4-3 Sheff Wed Hillsborough (Jurgens 1st game)
    What about when you were 3-0 up agsinst the Scum and they came back and spanked you into oblivion? Doesnt that rate amongst your fabvourites? :tongue

Thanks
    Karma Level

Some Other Good Games Not Including Bradford

Tottenham 3 - 4 Man City This Seasons FA Cup

Newcastle 5 - 0 Man Utd

Liverpool 4 - 3 Newcastle (Both Times)

Chelsea 5 - 0 Man Utd

Man Utd 6 - 1 Arsenal
    [IMG]http://uk.geocities.com/djbantam2004/batista_sig4.jpg[/IMG]