Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: PSP - Nintendo Killer

I wasn't aware that the battery life of the PSP has been revealed? Until it is, poor battery life is just pure speculation.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZX7R
    I wasn't aware that the battery life of the PSP has been revealed? Until it is, poor battery life is just pure speculation.
    Snippet from Lik-sang:
    "Its built-in lithium-ion battery will have a life of 2.5 hours with video and 10 hours if used for audio playback only"

The battery life for games will be somewhere inbetween (towards the lower end due to high drive activity)

Quote Originally Posted by QfanatiQ
    I think the damage might be done to Nintendo before people relasie that the PSP does have a battery proplem.
    Not sure what you mean, what damage???

I'll probably buy both, I guess the DS first cos its seems like it'll be more portable.
    -=+PhliX+=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

There is no official statement yet, that is Lik-Sang estimations.
    Sorry folks about the PSP history, I sold one at the price I bought to a mate and 2nd one I got some cash extra.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by SOMAN
    There is no official statement yet, that is Lik-Sang estimations.
    They are usually very good with early details and have many contacts in the industry.
    The age old problem with handhelds has always been power vs battery life. Nintendo have always chose to ensure that good battery life is key to their hand helds. Other companies have done the opposite thinking that good gfx and sound will sell the product on their own and they've failed. I fear Sony has done the same.

Also, people don't (well at least I don't) want really complicated Home Console style games on a handheld. I want to be able to have a quick bash on game on a train (or whatever) not get stuck in a really complicated game with complicated story line.

Nintendo are the masters of handhelds, I'd be very suprised if Sony manage to get more than 20% of the handheld market share.
    -=+PhliX+=-

ABCMan

Quote Originally Posted by phlix
    They are usually very good with early details and have many contacts in the industry.
    The age old problem with handhelds has always been power vs battery life. Nintendo have always chose to ensure that good battery life is key to their hand helds. Other companies have done the opposite thinking that good gfx and sound will sell the product on their own and they've failed. I fear Sony has done the same.

Also, people don't (well at least I don't) want really complicated Home Console style games on a handheld. I want to be able to have a quick bash on game on a train (or whatever) not get stuck in a really complicated game with complicated story line.

Nintendo are the masters of handhelds, I'd be very suprised if Sony manage to get more than 20% of the handheld market share.
    at e3 sony were privately saying that psp battery life was around 90mins for movies and 150 mins (2.5 hours) for games hence the add on battery pack to boost it to between 6 and 10 hours (like the gamegear).

you'd be suprised if they get 20%? i'd be totaly amazed no one has EVER got close to those figures and even with the sony fanboy base i cant see it taking more than 10%.

if you are realy so keen on video on the go (stop calling the psp a portable dvd player, it isnt you have to copy or rip your dvd's to its custom format or buy a psp version) just get a gba sp and a movie adaptor, you still have to convert the files but it plays them of easily copyable compact flash cards (as used in cameras, pda's etc) with a big cf card (4gb) you can store 36 full widescreen movies and playtime is about 10 hours without changing or charging the battery. quality is the same as using the same on your pda in landscape mode (in fact you can use the same files)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by phlix
    Not sure what you mean, what damage???.
    what i meant by damage was Nintendo would take to bigger hit in non sales etc before it was realised the PSP was not all what people might want or hope it to be.

Although i did not realise what ABCman said above about the SP.

Cheers.....Q

ABCMan

Sony have done it. They have got MGM..... I certainly think Nintendo might fall now.
    Cheers.....Q
    lol mgm

maybe if you are gay (didnt mgm make the wizard of oz).

i can imagine it now in some club on canal street in manchester all the gentlemen there watching the wizard of oz on their psp's.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dont dis our Dothery.... why i ought'a', if there wwas a section titled Outside id be inviting you there. I got the certificate of courage and ill beat your behind with my wisdom with one hand holding my oil can, now get out of here..

Theres no place like DF, theres no place like DF, damn these trainers...

ABCMan

Dont dis our Dothery.... why i ought'a', if there wwas a section titled Outside id be inviting you there. I got the certificate of courage and ill beat your behind with my wisdom with one hand holding my oil can, now get out of here..

Theres no place like DF, theres no place like DF, damn these trainers...

Buhahahahaha brilliant

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its ok stating that Sony have bought this movie company and that movie company, but in order for them to produce movies on a new format for a games console........... I dont believe that they will release many! The comapany would crash and burn if they released every title on PSP format as well as normal DVD players.

Also how many of you lot would buy a movie on PSP format when you can easily buy the DVD version probably a lot cheaper with DTS etc.... Full screen.... You know what i'm saying. The movie feature is a gimmick! The whole console is a gimmick, infact the more this thread goes on, the more I am not going to get one!
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12