Close

ABCMan

Info pensioner suffers hammer attack

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/NEWSTH05.html

A PENSIONER who was thrown to the floor and attacked with a hammer said he is now too terrified to leave the house he shares with his elderly mother.

The 70-year-old victim suffered a fractured cheekbone as well as injuries to his head and shoulder after a thug pushed him to the ground, demanding money.

As he lay terrified on the ground outside his Eldon Street house, the yob searched the man’s pockets before attacking him with a hammer.

Det Insp Janet Hudson, of Oldham CID, said: “This was a cowardly attack on an elderly man. The amount of violence used was horrendous and could have killed the victim.

“We are offering a reward to anyone who has information leading to the arrest and conviction of the offender who deliberately targeted an elderly person as he made his way home from the pub. Someone must know who did this and I would urge them to call us before this person strikes again.”

The victim had been to the Primrose View pub, where he goes once a week for a few drinks. He only takes enough money for a couple of pints before returning home to his mother, who is in her 90s.

The victim said: “I cannot believe that someone would do this to me. If anyone has information about the person who attacked me, I would ask them to call the police.”

The attack happened at 11pm on Monday and the offender is described as in his 20s, slim and *****. He wore a grey jumper and baseball cap. Anyone with information should contact Oldham CID on 0161-856 8940.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: pensioner suffers hammer attack

slim and *****.

what's the *****? and why is it starred out?

Truly horrible.

EDIT- WTF, we cant say asian??

ABCMan

Default Re: pensioner suffers hammer attack

Quote Originally Posted by Mule
    slim and *****.

what's the *****? and why is it starred out?

Truly horrible.

EDIT- WTF, we cant say asian??

i thought we could say asian, i starred it out so people would read the story and not simply use it as an excuse to attack me for posting it, does it realy matter what colour the attacker was? after all scum is scum.