Thanks
    Karma Level

News clare short

click me

what planets she on..

Short: Rebels right to kill <!-- storyByline? -->

By DAVID WOODING
    Whitehall Editor

CLARE Short sparked outrage last night by comparing savage Iraqi fanatics to freedom fighters.

The former Cabinet motor-mouth said insurgents killing British troops in Iraq were entitled to carry out their attacks.

And she went even further — claiming the IRA “never targeted civilians” during its 30-year terror campaign in Britain.

The ex-Overseas Aid Secretary, who quit in protest against the war in Iraq, made her outburst in an interview with the Dubai-based newspaper Gulf News.

Ms Short said: “I think the killing of civilians is always wrong but I think the case is just. I understand their anger.

“My father came from Northern Ireland and I understand why people think, ‘I can’t get justice any other way’.

“It is always wrong to target civilians, because even when you understand the IRA, they never targeted civilians.

“The American public thought British colonisation was violent, the French fought against the German occupation with violence and the Iraqi people are entitled.”

But last night her remarks met with an angry response from senior Tories at their conference in Brighton.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>'Entitled' ... insurgents battle troops in Iraq
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Co-chairman Liam Fox said she should know better after the IRA bombed pubs in her Birmingham constituency.

He said: “What about the Birmingham pub bombings? And what about Warrington, or the Conservative conference in Brighton?”

Shadow Foreign Secretary Michael Ancram accused Ms Short of encouraging terrorist attacks.

He said: “Clare Short is talking dangerous rubbish. Making excuses for terrorism is a quick way of encouraging terrorism and further loss of innocent lives.”

In her interview, Ms Short predicted further bloodshed across the Arab world.

But her comments will outrage the families of British soldiers killed in Iraq.

Last week Gunner David Lawrence, 25, of the Royal Horse Artillery, died with Corporal Marc Taylor, 27, when their convoy was ambushed in Basra.

Yesterday the soldiers’ coffins were carried on to an RAF Hercules after a ceremony at Basra airport — then flown home to RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: clare short

Dont get me started on this one !
    That frustrated Rottweiler should have had a bullet to the head long ago.

I expect her next career will be as a presenter for AL J if they were prepared to accept females .

Also since when did the French fight against the Germans ? :whistle
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

ABCMan

Quote Originally Posted by diablos
    claiming the IRA “never targeted civilians” during its 30-year terror campaign in Britain.

“It is always wrong to target civilians, because even when you understand the IRA, they never targeted civilians.
    "now, now Ms. short time to put your crayons back in their box and go back to your padded room for a few months"

Christ on a bike what ****ing planet is that woman on. nice to see that shes towing the standard anti-west line that those two pieces of shit from italy were saying when they were released (for $1mil) by their poor unfortunate freedom fighters

Thanks
    Karma Level

When Imperial Rome invaded Britain and enslaved the local population, the only way to be free was to join rebel gangs and mount guerilla attacks. We haven't moved on so much, the US is an Imperial power who has invaded a country for no othe reason than they want to have control of a strategic oil region. In other words, just like Rome they are extending their empire.

It is no different, in fact at least the Roman's brought with them culture and modern building techniques etc.

If the Yanks invaded the UK I know I'd be the first to volunteer to drive a bedford van full of fertilizer into a road block. Would that make me a terrorist? No, I'd be a freedom fighter. And if Haliburton got the contract to rebuild Buckingham Palace, would I help kidnap a contractor and remove his head with a butter knife, if it meant our plight was going to by publicised, then yes I fukin would.
    Last edited by CzarJunkie; 7th October 2004 at 02:50 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

manchester

omagh

birmingham (her constitiuency)

brighton

no innocent civilians their clare.......

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have only two words for Clare Short - no not those two - but Bloody Friday

Q-Buster