Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed Camera

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Speed Camera

Just been ****in flashed by a speed camera!!! :grr: :grr:

Was taking the girlfriend home at about 1.40 in the morning so the road was obviously clear etc. So, I'm going along at about 55mph in the 40mph zone and next thing "FLASH!" "FLASH!" - looked in my rear-view and the ****er had got me!
    I've only been driving about 4 months, so looks like thats three points which means that if I ever get caught again in the next 20 months then I'm fcuked!

I was thinking of getting a mate to torch the bastard tomorrow night - I'm assuming the lazy tw@ts of coppers won't be out changing film at weekends, so if they chuck a tyre over it in the early hours and set it alight, maybe that'll solve the matter?

I'm fbloody rippin' though - Fair enough on a busy road in the day etc, but this is a road in the middle of nowhere at twenty to two in the bloody morning!

Anyone any ideas/experiences/loopholes in getting out of this???

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Speed Camera

Quote Originally Posted by John Keymer
    Just been ****in flashed by a speed camera!!! :grr: :grr:

Was taking the girlfriend home at about 1.40 in the morning so the road was obviously clear etc. So, I'm going along at about 55mph in the 40mph zone and next thing "FLASH!" "FLASH!" - looked in my rear-view and the ****er had got me!
    I've only been driving about 4 months, so looks like thats three points which means that if I ever get caught again in the next 20 months then I'm fcuked!

I was thinking of getting a mate to torch the bastard tomorrow night - I'm assuming the lazy tw@ts of coppers won't be out changing film at weekends, so if they chuck a tyre over it in the early hours and set it alight, maybe that'll solve the matter?

I'm fbloody rippin' though - Fair enough on a busy road in the day etc, but this is a road in the middle of nowhere at twenty to two in the bloody morning!

Anyone any ideas/experiences/loopholes in getting out of this???
    I have an idea - drive more carefully next time.20 to 2 in the morning dont mean u own the roads so regardless of time u supposed to keep to the limit.
    A little ole woman could of escaped from her looney home and was staggering across that road when along comes u,oblivious to the speed at which u were going,listing to your hip hop on the stereo and Bang - one dead little ole woman who never done anyone any harm.
    If the above was true would u still torch your car then and claim it was stolen ?

Not a nice reply is it but i bet im a bigger whinger than u
    When it's illegal to say what you think, then it's your duty to say it !

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm not saying that I own the roads, but as I'm sure any normal person would agree, it's safer driving at higher speeds at this time than in the busy day.
    I'm sure if you saw the road you would agree - very open stretch of straight road, no schools, shops etc, just bloody fields!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm not saying that I own the roads, but as I'm sure any normal person would agree, it's safer driving at higher speeds at this time than in the busy day.
    I'm sure if you saw the road you would agree - very open stretch of straight road, no schools, shops etc, just bloody fields!
    Yeah but u was in the wrong as any normal person would agree - if u was going over the speed then u deserved to be flashed.Camera does`nt flash u for nothing.It was`nt sat there thinking to itself im bored im gonna flash the next car that comes along did it
    Gotta keep the roads safe for our women and children u know.

Pay the fine and think yourself lucky
    When it's illegal to say what you think, then it's your duty to say it !

Thanks
    Karma Level

You're seriously trying to tell me that you never break the speed limit? It's people that go too slow that are most dangerous on the roads, not people who go too fast!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have been done for doing 79 in a 70 on the M11 at 4:15am on the way to Stansted Airport, had seen about 3 cars in the 10 minutes before I got flashed, how fair is that?

The current speed limits were set for a Morris Minor in the 60's, if you think that UK speeding law is fair you must be mad, go here for more details about UK's "Safety" cameras, or should we call them Revenue Cameras.

http://www.ukspeedcameras.co.uk/

Thanks
    Karma Level

I call them PRGUs now Police Revenue Generating Units.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Morph
    The current speed limits were set for a Morris Minor in the 60's
    Think you'll find that is braking distances Morph, not speed limits.

Here's a little story that beggars belief though.......

The A3 (from Putney onwards) used to have a 70mph speed limit on it, over a period of time, that limit has been reduced to as little as 40mph in some places (but generally 50mph throughout the stretch all the way up to Guildford).

I would hazard a guess that these new limits have been imposed due to the sheer volume of traffic that can be found on the A3 between the hours of 7am all the way through to 10pm + at night.

Now there is a little stretch of the A3 right by the Tolworth Tower that is 3 lanes wide and for some unbeknown reason the local council/police saw fit to install speed camera's on both sides of the road.

Up until the camera's were installed, there were no reported accidents on that stretch at all. Since the camera's have been installed however, it is not an uncommon sight to see several cars welded together in the "domino effect" thanks to whoever is at the front of the queue suddenly "panic braking" (even when they are not actually exceeding the speed limit) because they have spotted the camera.

Now what sort of madness is that eh?
    Let's take a stretch of perfectly safe road and turn it in to an accident "blackspot"

Of course, now it is known as an accident blackspot, the use of the camera's is now considered justified :whistle

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ye, they are meant to be in "black-spots" but I have lived here for about 12 years now and I've never seen a ****in accident there and neither has anyone else! And that's not because of the camera because it's only feen there a few month!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Whine Re: Speed Camera

They should vary the speed limits according to the time of day like they do in Germany.

70mph is fine on the motorway, if everyone did 70mph the roads would be very safe. I agree that the limits should be raised but it really is the people that are going too fast the make the roads unsafe. Why should the law abiding citizen be blamed for the range of speeds cars go at on the road?

After all, it is when you have one person going at 70, and another person going at 100 when you have a problem. If both cars do 90mph for example it would be much safer as there would be alot less changes in the traffic surrounding you so you dont have to carry out as many potentially dangerous overtaking manouvres.

THATS MY VIEW ANYWAY
    Mladen

Thanks
    Karma Level

I saw a report on TV on ce that if everyone kept fully to the speed limit of every road then the nation would simply grind to a halt during the day.
    Fair enough, 70 on a motorway but the stretch of road where I was caught is a ****in joke. Plus the limit gets increased to 50 about half a mile up the road!
    Clearly a revenue earner - absolute bastards!

Whats the law on showing whether the camera is legally placed or not, because I thought they had to be at blackspots?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus Team
    Think you'll find that is braking distances Morph, not speed limits.
    prolly right, but you have to agree that cars are safer now then they have ever been at speed (although granted mankinds reaction times havent increased) but loads of built in gadgets in cars (active suspension, ABS, air bags etc etc) that make travel safer

If I was asked would I feel safer in a morris minor on a motorway at 65mph or in a merc at 95 I know what I would say, no competition............

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus Team
    Of course, now it is known as an accident blackspot, the use of the camera's is now considered justified :whistle
    ......hehe nice :-) if there isnt money to be made, make an excuse to do so! dont you just love our traffic policing system in the UK, NOT !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got my NiP through today. :annoyed:

Got someone else to take the three points but it's still a ****in kunt having to pay the 60 quid fine!

Looks like it's gonna be a bit of target practice later this week anyway then!:whistle

Thanks
    Karma Level

And I shall also be including this letter...

Dear kind officer,

Please find enclosed my contribution your “Police Fund Raiser Scheme”. I hope this small contribution will go a long way into ensuring your officers have only the most luxurious coffee rooms in our country. I’m sure that within a few more months the scheme will have generated enough revenue to completely replace the current “plastic cups”, and replace them with brand spanking new pot ones! If you really work hard then by 2006 it may even be possible to equip each of your fantastic officers with the new Star Wars<SUP>TM</SUP> light sabre stick – the ultimate in crime fighting technology.

As a supporter of your scheme, I would like to make a few suggestions on how you can further fleece cash from innocent road users:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

• Install more PRGUs (Police Revenue Generating Units) along roads where speed limits have been recently lowered
    • Hide new PRGUs behind bushes, around corners and other inconspicuous places
    • Never locate PRGUs in places where accidents are common – place them along long, wide straight stretches of highway, 100 yards before the speed limit increases by 10 or 20 mph.
    • Dedicate more officers to mobile PRGUs and use more police time enforcing this. I understand people are getting stabbed, raped and beaten up all over the place but this scheme is obviously far more important and should take number one priority.
    <o></o>

I understand that many of these measures have been previously implemented with much success however I feel that this now needs to be continued if we are to keep our streets the crime-ridden places that they are.

I was originally going to end this letter by wishing the whole force a very merry Christmas and a great new year, however I obviously would not want to tell such a pack of blatant lies and untruths.

<o></o>

<o></o>

Yours unfaithfully,

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got my NiP through today. :annoyed:

Got someone else to take the three points but it's still a ****in kunt having to pay the 60 quid fine!

Looks like it's gonna be a bit of target practice later this week anyway then!:whistle

ffs yes we all speed but we don't all feckin cry about getting caught, pay the fine and be glad you got some poor Kunt to take your points, you say you have only been driving for 4 months, their is no way you have the skills required to drive at faster speeds, calm down beofe you put the car in gear put the brain in gear
    :kissass :cry: Hmm I wonder which 3 this is ????

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hope you are joking about sending the letter? Just take the points pay the fine and STFU!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

so you have lived there for 12 years and its on the route you use to take your girlfirend. Also it has been there a few months.

so why the hell did you fly past it at 55mph! im no expert but if i knew there was a camera there i wouldnt go past it breaking the limit :|
    waste of a time moaning about it, its the law just live with it,

HOS

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by lloydi
    so you have lived there for 12 years and its on the route you use to take your girlfirend. Also it has been there a few months.

so why the hell did you fly past it at 55mph! im no expert but if i knew there was a camera there i wouldnt go past it breaking the limit :|
    waste of a time moaning about it, its the law just live with it,

HOS
    Why would this go in the HOS? He's moaning about speed cameras, unless someone has changed the purpose of this forum?

Thanks
    Karma Level

fair enough just seems like he is contradicting himself. why moan about speed cameras if u knew it was there and still speed past it. fair enough if it was hidden but it wearnt. so stop wasting our time

Thanks
    Karma Level

thats the purpose of this section, to have a place to whine about anything you want to whine about.

hence the name "the whine cellar"

Quote Originally Posted by lloydi
    fair enough just seems like he is contradicting himself. why moan about speed cameras if u knew it was there and still speed past it. fair enough if it was hidden but it wearnt. so stop wasting our time

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast