Close

Thread: Huge sympathy

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Huge sympathy

Terrible thing that happened and I was one of those who donated money

BUT

Nearly 100,000 Iraqis have died as a result of the war on terror. Not 5,000 like the figures suggest, but 100,000

And 40,000 died last year in the Iranian earthquake

I don't get why the sympathy levels are *much* bigger for the tsunami disaster

Is it cos there's so many Western tourists there? After all aren't human beings all the same

How come all these masses of funds were never set up for Iraqis/Iranians?

Just what I think, and I hope nobody takes it the wrong way, what do others think? :nowords:
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Huge sympathy

i have to laugh when i hear about all the 100,000 people that have died because of the war on terror, these numbers include deaths mostley of terrorests even suicide bombers get put into that tally, you didnt hear people complane during ww2 about all the poor german solders that the americans anetc etc were killing. Relise this there has been a lot of deaths but try to find numbers that dont include solders, rebels,suicide bombers etc etc and i am sure that sadam could have killed more inocent people in the same time

goddam hippy:cartman

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty

BUT

Nearly 100,000 Iraqis have died as a result of the war on terror. Not 5,000 like the figures suggest, but 100,000

Is it cos there's so many Western tourists there? After all aren't human beings all the same

Just what I think, and I hope nobody takes it the wrong way, what do others think? :nowords:
    Probably cause the war in iraq is to free the iraqi people :whistle as that ****er bush keeps saying. Can see where u r coming from though.

EM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gallag
    i have to laugh when i hear about all the 100,000 people that have died because of the war on terror, these numbers include deaths mostley of terrorests even suicide bombers get put into that tally, you didnt hear people complane during ww2 about all the poor german solders that the americans anetc etc were killing. Relise this there has been a lot of deaths but try to find numbers that dont include solders, rebels,suicide bombers etc etc and i am sure that sadam could have killed more inocent people in the same time

The bottom line is that it was an unneccessary war, innocent people have died and the country turned into a hotbed of terrorism. Saddam could have killed the same amount or even more, when did the US go in competition with Saddam??

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty

BUT

If you are going to make bold statements like this then post links to credible sources otherwise post in the UFO / Conspiracy theory section .

Im moving this thread there untill you provide us with links to these credible sources.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i thought there were more civillain deaths in total? and i didnt think there were any terrorists as you call them till after the invasion

Thanks
    Karma Level

Exactly...the rise of insurgents has only risen because of people opposing another country invading theirs, these people are probably innocent people who actually have pride

Fcuk me, if the Russians (just as an example) tried to overthrow Blair here and tried to do what the Yanks/Brits are doing in iraq, there'd be thousands of 'insurgents' would there not?

But still, back to the original point, many thousands of people have been killed in the 2 incidents I named above, and hundreds of thousands have been left homeless, where is the aid relief? :annoyed:
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Still no credible links to sources just claims from you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GavDF
    i thought there were more civillain deaths in total? and i didnt think there were any terrorists as you call them till after the invasion
    show me

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by xdir
    The bottom line is that it was an unneccessary war, innocent people have died and the country turned into a hotbed of terrorism. Saddam could have killed the same amount or even more, when did the US go in competition with Saddam??
    why would you even say unneccessary, i suppose you know better than the fbi, us gov,mi5,ukgov and it all a big conspirecy to reduce the population and welth of there nations, have you not been around the last load of years, unneccessary, trying to get rid of the most evil dictator in the world that was trying to get nucular capibilites , o ishould not of said that i can hear you now "saddam wasnot trying to get WMD becaus he is an ok kind of guy" anser one question do you think that if saddam (or when he died one of his crazy ass sons) had a chanse to get and use WMD would he? if you are sane and anser yes to that do you still think the war is unneccessary.

goddam treehuggen hippys:cartman

Thanks
    Karma Level

show me
    http://www.iraqbodycount.net/database/

known civillian deaths,might be just some shitty website but at least there counting unlike the us who are not.

15038 - 17240

or here for the troops http://www.washingtondispatch.com/article_10627.shtml

1325 US soldiers killed in Iraq

150 coalition troops killed in Iraq

9844 US troops wounded in combat

192 contractors killed in Iraq

there you go

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GavDF
    http://www.iraqbodycount.net/database/

known civillian deaths,might be just some shitty website but at least there counting unlike the us who are not.

15038 - 17240

or here for the troops http://www.washingtondispatch.com/article_10627.shtml

1325 US soldiers killed in Iraq

150 coalition troops killed in Iraq

9844 US troops wounded in combat

192 contractors killed in Iraq

there you go
    puts that figure quoted by the threadstarter just about where I thought ie in the middle of dream land and conspiracy theory land .

Thanks
    Karma Level

CNN on Monday said nearly 100,000 Iraqis have been killed as a result of the war in Iraq. But the initial point I was making is these thousands of people (may left homeless and with very little food) receive little help and its a huge contrast to those in the tsunami affected regions

Thanks
    Karma Level

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Iraq death toll 'soared post-war'

Iraqis are now 58 times more likely to die a violent death, Lancet

Poor planning, air strikes by coalition forces and a "climate of violence" have led to more than 100,000 extra deaths in Iraq, scientists claim.

A study published by the Lancet says the risk of death by violence for civilians in Iraq is now 58 times higher than before the US-led invasion.

Unofficial estimates of civilian deaths had varied from 10,000 to over 37,000.

The Lancet admits the research is based on a small sample - under 1,000 homes - but says the findings are "convincing".

Responding to the Lancet article, a Pentagon spokesman defended coalition action in Iraq.

'Precise fashion'

"This conflict has been prosecuted in the most precise fashion of any conflict in the history of modern warfare", he said.

UK foreign secretary Jack Straw said his government would examine the findings "with very great care".

But he told BBC's Today that another independent estimate of civilian deaths was around 15,000.

The Iraq Body Count, a respected database run by a group of academics and peace activists, has put the number of reported civilian deaths at between 14,000-16,000.

HAVE YOUR SAY
    It's going to be very hard for the US and UK authorities to ignore this report

John, Canada

Send us your comments

The Lancet published research by scientists from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in the US city of Baltimore.

They gathered data on births and deaths since January 2002 from 33 clusters of 30 households each across Iraq.

They found the relative risk, the risk of deaths from any cause, was two-and-a-half times higher for Iraqi civilians after the 2003 invasion than in the preceding 15 months.

'Conservative assumptions'

That figure drops to one-and-a-half times higher if data from Falluja - the scene of repeated heavy fighting - is excluded.

Before the invasion, most people died as a result of heart attack, stroke and chronic illness, the report says, whereas after the invasion, "violence was the primary cause of death".

Violent deaths were mainly attributed to coalition forces - and most individuals reportedly killed were women and children.

Dr Les Roberts, who led the study, said: "Making conservative assumptions we think that about 100,000 excess deaths, or more, have happened since the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

"Violence accounted for most of the excess deaths and air strikes from coalition forces accounted for most of the violent deaths."

He said his team's work proved it was possible to compile data on public health "even during periods of extreme violence".

The sample included randomly selected households in Baghdad, Basra, Arbil, Najaf and Karbala, as well as Falluja.

Lancet editor Richard Horton said: "With the admitted benefit of hindsight and from a purely public health perspective, it is clear that whatever planning did take place was grievously in error."

Civilian toll estimates at 10/04
    Iraq Body Count: 14-16,000
    Brookings Inst: 10-27,000
    UK foreign secretary: >10,000
    People's Kifah >37,000
    Lancet: >100,000

Mr Horton concluded: "For the sake of a country in crisis and for a people under daily threat of violence, the evidence we publish today must change heads as well as pierce hearts."

No official estimate

There is no official estimate of the number of Iraqi civilians who have died since the outbreak of the war in Iraq.

Human rights groups say the occupying powers have failed in their duty to catalogue the deaths, giving the impression that ordinary Iraqis' lives are worth less than those of their soldiers for whom detailed statistics are available.

However, the Pentagon spokesman said "there is no accurate way to validate the estimates of civilian casualties by this or any other organisation".

He added: The loss of any innocent lives is a tragedy, something Iraqi security forces and the Multi-National Force painstakingly work to avoid. "Former regime elements and insurgents have made it a practice of using civilians as human shields, operating and conducting attacks against coalition forces from within areas inhabited by civilians."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3962969.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Crap these are all links pointing to one study .

The study has already been debunked as its based on theory and not on confirmed facts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mule even if you read your bbc link properly it says estimates .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2
    Crap these are all links pointing to one study .

The study has already been debunked as its based on theory and not on confirmed facts.
    Well I guess we'll never know will we....... :coffee:

There's still fcuk all being done to help the innocents there though...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

im a firm believer that charity begins at home........ :tongue
    TAR seems to be a decent bloke!