Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default [DS] Tiger Woods PGA Golf

Was quite looking forward to this one, mostly because i've gotten bored of being stuck in everybody golf in PSP, but also as it promised to make good use of the DS

Only got an average score on ign, looks like yet another one to wait for a release on PSP

Closing Comments
    It's not a terrible game by any means, but Tiger Woods for the Nintendo DS could use another generation in development before it's considered a great golf experience. The attempt to offer a unique touch-screen swing mechanic is definitely respectable, but the first-time solution doesn't work nearly as well or offer as much control as it could have. Once the initial learning phase is over it's not a bad little game of golf, but you'll have to learn to be very accommodating and forgiving if you want to really enjoy Tiger Woods DS.

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk for all your quadcopter, actioncam + rc needs :)

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)
    psn / xbl / WiiU : rhwbanz

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: [DS] Tiger Woods PGA Golf

Looks more like the GBA version ;-)
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

graphics look horrible but then again what can u expect form a N64 style machine?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Jeeez...

Compare the graphics on that to the PSP version and the Sony machine is in a different league altogether...

That looks bloody awful, even the golf club isn't straight due to the resolution. Crap.

Mike.
    PS2
    Pioneer A03

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Keva
    graphics look horrible but then again what can u expect form a N64 style machine?
    Did you ever play an N64? The N64 could have done wayyyyyy better than those screens, those are like SNES quality ((

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk for all your quadcopter, actioncam + rc needs :)

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)
    psn / xbl / WiiU : rhwbanz

Thanks
    Karma Level

very few games manufacturers have the inginuity to use the DS's touch screen to any advantage, i think were gonna see alot of games like this, its obviously easier to produce flash gfx on a PSP since its based arround the PS2 and the games that they are porting to PSP will already be out on the PS2.
    Gimme mario golf anyday

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thing is the 2nd screen on the DS will probably be used for maps/stats in most games! Once the novilty wears off with the mini games, and people get P***d for having to by extra stylus when they loos em! I doubt itll be used for much more in the future.

Also with that image you gotta take into considoration the size of that pic is bigger than the DS screen so its bound to look pixelated.

Seems like the DS is getting the games first (Ridge Racer, This, etc) then the PSP is gettin em, and being tonns better graphics wise.
    But hasnt nintendos producs always had the worst graphics, even the Gamecube isnt as good as its competitors!

Cheers
    Scottio

http://scottio-productions.co.uk/
    XBL : Scottio200 :: PS3 PSN-ID : Scottio200 :: Twitter ID : Scottio200

Thanks
    Karma Level

well, the snes was the best 16bit, the n64 was technically better than the saturn and psx and the gc is "more powerful" that the PS2, doesnt mean a thing.

i dont really give a flying fcuk for the annual tiger woods title anyway and if i did i would have already played it on my PS2/Xbox, im more interested in playing mario golf as ive said earlier and i know what format that will be on

Thanks
    Karma Level

The graphics look a lot better on the actual DS, but theyre not that much of an improvement still.

Had this game a week or so but don't really like it. It needs a tutorial mode or something as the bit where you hit the ball seems very random. You have to move the stylus down and then up a curved arrow. Getting it to the left or right as you move back up means you slice (?) the ball and it goes off all over the place. Not got a clue how you do a proper shot though. One shot I did was "Perfect" and it panned around the player before taking the stroke. I did the same thing next shot and got 50% power. Very wacky.

Nice little thing where you earn money depending on your shots/score etc... and you can then use that to upgrade your player. Very little else to keep your interest though.