Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Game Dumping/Ripping

Ok, not that upto date on the cube scene, but seeing as things are hotting up ive decided to have a play. With a cube, viper and broadband adpt how would one go about dumping data from orginal gc dvd's to computer and creating iso's? or is this not possible by "public" means yet?

cheers ppl.
    Photography: Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, Canon BG-E2N Grip, Canon BG-E3 Grip, Canon 18-55mm EF, Canon 17-85mm IS USM, Sigma 70-300mm Macro, Canon 70-200mm F4 L + Tripod Mount, Sigma DG SUPER Flash.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Game Dumping/Ripping

yeah it can be done - even before the Viper was out using the BBA - I havent done it but as I understand it its pretty easy to do.

Thanks
    Karma Level

dont u just get the rupping tool that's loaded in the PSO exploit and then load it form the Viper disc explorer? then follow the rest of the tutorial for ripping the game?

there's a tutorial on maxconsole.com I think and i'm sure there are many on ps2ownz too.

it made me wonder if its worth getting a BBA for backup and also streaming games, thus getting no media issues, but no1 seems to do it with a viper, so i'm sure theres a reason to not stream games anymore.
    I'm new to this :huh:

ABCMan

i think there is a ripping tutorial (and the ripper) somewhere in one of the stickies

basicly the viper removes the need for the bba/pso although that method will still run some stuff that viper wont (ie resized gcm's) i'm not sure if viper will run the ripper software so no idea if you can rip using that and the bba (i believe that 0.5 will rip but that is a few weeks off yet)

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers guys, getting more upto date on GC's now
    Photography: Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, Canon BG-E2N Grip, Canon BG-E3 Grip, Canon 18-55mm EF, Canon 17-85mm IS USM, Sigma 70-300mm Macro, Canon 70-200mm F4 L + Tripod Mount, Sigma DG SUPER Flash.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rip games without PSO using Viper GC

Needed:

-BBA
    -original game
    -Viper gc with 04 bios
    -Gc-iso grabber v0.9 in my case
    -riptool.dol

1: Burn riptool.dol on a working dvd (Princo dvd-r in my case)

2: Set network-Pc:Go to network setting,set your net card ip to 192.168.1.100 then mask to 255.255.255.0 then select the 10 semi-duplex mode value

3: boot gc with original then select dvd browser (bottom of menu)then swap dvd with your riptool dvd then click on riptool
    a red screen will appear then you,ll know if you set your network properly,says network start or something,if not working then it's stay at running......

4: Now when disc stop spinning, swap with the one you want to backup,says 10 secong to swap....

5: Now go to your pc and start gc-iso grabber then enter iso filename then hit start rippng and enjoy your rip

Rip about 350k for a safe mode

6: Now you have somekindofgame.gcm,rename it to somekindofgame.iso then burn it with nero or your favorite software without any special trick!!!

poached from ps2attitudes forums.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I backed up my original Monkeyball 2 (PAL) using this method.. the ISO generated was only 1.3gigs (not 1.4). When I went to burn using Nero a weird warning came up saying

"The entered block size does not correspond to the image length. The block size may be wrong. Do you want to correct the value or ignore the problem?"

I chose ignore and the game wouldnt boot (I have a viper installed).

So a "special trick" is needed it seems... I've yet to try but aparently running the util Wiped GCM Fixer on the ISO does some magic jiggery pokey (use the F switch for FULLSIZE 1.4gb image). But the latest version 1.4b is buggy so use 1.1 instead.
    <Lionel Hutz> Oh I am, am I? Is that what you think? Well if that's what you think, I have something to tell you. Something which may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows. I'm not wearing a tie at all.