Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Ritek Mini DVDr - Let's buy together? :)

Sorry this isnt in the BST section, I know it might be wrong but it's more of a proposal than a trade, move me if i'm naughty! (* i just needed the exposure in here)

After much hunting it seems we dont get good ritek mini dvd-r in the UK. We may do any day now but like many other GC users i've been looking for these discs for a long time, and with little success.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in purchasing a lot of discs togher from a US site and sharing the bonuses of bulk buying.

This site is the cheapist I've found for the dvdr everyone's looking for:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cdrdvdrm...-media-4x.html

500 Ridata Ritek G04 Mini DVDr would be $494.90
    Postage should be about $70 for 500

Total: $564.90

If there was a import tax it would be 5% or 17.5%

5% Tax - $593.15 or £316.68 or 63p/Disc
    17.5% Tax - $663.75 or £354.38 or 71p/Disc

Good quantities to pass these on would be 20 or 100 so I was thinking the price could be roughly:

20 Pack - £16.50
    100 Pack - £ 75
    This is the max cost (71p/disk), hopefully they will be 63p/Disc or less!

@ 63p/Disk the prices are:

20 - £14
    100 - £66

Then postage would have to be added but it would be about £4 for 20 or£9 for 100

DVD cases can be got in the UK which they could go in. I was looking to source mini cd/dvd jewel cases - if people are interested i'll keep looking.

I want to mention that i'm not in this to make a profit. I am making a slight profit, which I wont deny, but becuase i'm putting money, time and risk into it I feel like it's kinda OK. My proposition for anyone who wasn't keen on the prices would be for them to offer the same thing cheaper, then i'll buy mine off you

Anyway, this is just a proposition, I'm not selling them yet so please don't just put requests, what I need is some good grounds to buy lots of these. If people can state the following it could make this work (i think)

> Say if you're interested or not, if not pleas say why.
    > Put your prices - if you dont like the prices mentioned what would you want to pay?
    > State how many you might want (not final, just checking interest)

I've been looking for a while and this is the best i've found for G04. If you can get better please share as i'm sure they'll be people wanting to get these discs for a good price.

Anyway, I hope people are actually interested in this
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ritek Mini DVDr - Let's buy together? :)

sounds good to me m8 id have 50 off ya for starters
    Bitches aint shit!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

this is a nice idea but similar things have been suggested on here and many other forums and they always fail, im sure neogames could buy a trillion and sell em on with profit tho

i would expect the main dvdr shops to stock em soon, those places know why people are buying the disks and they will supply to our needs eventually

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nice idea but I gotta agree with {{909}}.

Why dont you ask Raptor about neo stocking them Im sure he could get a better deal on them and you would probably end up getting them cheaper without the customs man knowing your business

Regards

Elephantsoup

Thanks
    Karma Level

A great idea and obviously a great demand for them now :whistle

Thanks
    Karma Level

like 909 said I do assume that shops will get this media...however it's been 2 months now - how long do they need...i've even talked with CJ about selling these together as although people will get them in one day what the fook are they waiting for? they are all loosing out on business in the UK

I also sent a comment into neodiscs says DF users (and others) want these discs, I got no response so that was probsbly a waste of time.

On a lighter note., I ordered 50 'budget' mini dvd-r with 50 clear dvd cases from http://www.cheapprices4u.co.uk/acatalog/8cm_Dvd.html I hope they are OK but it was £31 inc. courier charges so its cheap enough. Also their dye has been known to work so i'll give them a go tomorrow or tuesday and let you guys know how they work out - they are cheap enough so if they work, great! if not i'll put them on the growing pile

riteks on hold ATM

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll probably never purchase another 'Ritek' disc in my life!! They may have started off good for XBOX when they introduced the Trax Data Purple but I think they've gone down hill over the past year or at least all the Ritek Media coming into UK has been shite although Cheap!!

At the moment I'm using the Datasafe mini DVDR which are ok for GC. I've been looking for some printable DVDR but only shit I found was Data-ON and they were shit! Struggle to read disc in a DVD Player / Xbox etc. never mind a GC.

I've seen the Kings of media Verbatim now do a printable mini DVDR, not seen any UK outlet selling them mind

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheaprices4u.co.uk kinda pulled through.

I get a lot of DRE with my discs but they all seem to crash in the same place - the intro to the game (just after all the publisher info). It will crash when the laser's reading from the edge of the disc so I believe it's a BiOS issue. Well, i'm hoping it's a BiOS issue!

the games that do work will play for as long as I want with no errors. I don't know if these discs will work for everyone but £8.50 for 25 inc P&P is less than half price than *** so i'd recommend giving them a go. I'm also quite confident cobra .5 will help these discs work.

Thanks
    Karma Level

is that the yellow topped ones shangrula? if so i got some but 6/9 failed to even burn. the ones that did burn do work flawlessly however

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah, yellow tops.

I've heard on maxconsole.com about another person who got a shit load of mini coasters from these too. Fortunatly every single disc i've burnt has come out at 100% (well actually I lost too but they were my fault (network burning)) Of the discs that work they play 100% fine and with little to no DRE at all.

the ones that don't work will hopefully work with .5 so i'm just crossing my fingers and waiting till they release it.

as a general recommendation I would say give these discs a go, they are so cheap that if they do work out to work for you then it's all good.

edit: i've burnt about 16 of these discs and only about 3 work perfectly, but to me that means the GC can read the media fine. They all crash at the same point, as the game loads going from mintendo to the game loading screens, this is same point when the gc laser tries to go to the ourside of the disc. Apparently the cobra has issues with reading this far out and thats why some people have been padding out their ISO's to fit past the laser, but this is why i'm hopign the new bios can fix it, hopefully it can stop the laser from going too far out or whatever it does.

i'm such a novice
    Last edited by whatnow; 10th February 2005 at 02:02 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

what are the other 13 games u have that dont work on 8cm disks?

Thanks
    Karma Level

working:

power tennis
    smash bros melee
    luigi's mansion
    product no 3

Not working
    Zelda wind waker
    monkey ball 2&3
    mario kart 64
    mario golf TT
    mario kart
    f-zero gx
    mario party
    wario ware
    metriod prime 2
    animal crossing (had to try it)

Not treid yet (waiting to be burnt but waiting to see if i'm just wasting media)

mario party games 5
    res. evil 4
    kirby air ride
    starfox

People might wanna hold off getting these untill we see what the bios does in a couple of days. But I have to admit, when they work they work perfectly, my housemate is playing super smash bros; right now and it looks good to me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive only tried mario party and metroid but they were fine upto about 10 and 20 mins. that was on normal sized disks so maybe the problems are media related

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've done a Metroid Prime 2 USA Starcube and it plays fine on the Datasafe, probably was on longer than 20 mins although found the game hard to control.

I've burnt about 13 games and only 1 doesn't play right which is Call Of Duty. I can't even get the Pro Rally USA LoonyCube to burn, NERO always tells me my media is too small even tho image size looks perfect. Was gonna look into coding a better garbage tool, but no time yet.