Close

Thread: Theory on Hell

Thanks
    Karma Level

Funny Theory on Hell

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:
    · First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

· As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

· Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa Borders during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you, and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more
    souls and is therefore, extinct...leaving only Heaven thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED AN 'A'
    "The story starts here, lets be clear - this scenario is happening everywhere....
    And you aint going to Nirvana - or Farvana - you're coming right back here to deal with your Karma..."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Theory on Hell

A bit museum'ish dude...

1997 iirc

Thanks
    Karma Level

1897 more like
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

Could this be my first trip to the HOS?? Oh well - never mind!!
    "The story starts here, lets be clear - this scenario is happening everywhere....
    And you aint going to Nirvana - or Farvana - you're coming right back here to deal with your Karma..."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well i've never seen it before mate and thought it was class :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

That was quality!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was once asked by my Son......"Daddy..Where`s Hell???" to which i replied....
    " In the kitchen,Washing Up... Son.!!"
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Seen before, but still cool [no pun].

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL. funny that :thumbs
    Oh f@ck it!

[url]http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k173/nok1up/[/url]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin
    Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:
    · First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

· As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

· Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa Borders during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you, and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more
    souls and is therefore, extinct...leaving only Heaven thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED AN 'A'
    - Moses, 1485 B.C.
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”