Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Longevity of the Viper?

Will the Viper bios updates eventually allow nearly all games to work perfectly? I don't mind buying it now if it doesn't work perfectly if it is going to but was just wondering if there is anything worth holding out for?!? Where is there a compatibility list or do all games work perfectly when burned perfectly? Cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Longevity of the Viper?

In the next few days .5 of the bios will come out. I think after this version we'll have a good idea of what a 'stable version' is like. apparently after .5 it will go to V1.0 but noone confirms this.

I've got a few games sitting around on 8cm disc and i've crossed my fingers .5 will sort it. It not much of a problem becuase full sized discs work perfectly. Everyone's GC's are different but i've chucked full sized datasafe titanium dvd-r at it and every game loads up for me. I do get the odd DRE but it's hard to complain, i'm only on v.3 of the bios, it's bound to go wrong & loose sync occasionally.

To my knowledge every game is compatible it's just the condition of the ISO which gives everyone the problems. If you use NGs i'm sure you'll have no problems, I do and I have no problems with my images. If you do have problems there are some good tools out that can patch, realign and refill so it's generally ok to use any image.

The main problem's still media but if you dont mind using full size discs then you definatly wont have a problem. You only might have a problem getting 8cm dvdr to work, they are pretty expensive and low quality but things are picking up now.

hope that helped in any way
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

nearly all games work already, i think most of the problem games were due to pal/ntsc problems which was fixed in .3

Using large disks isnt the end of your media probs tho, you still may have to tweak your laser, mine seems to have become fussy with certain games which originally worked fine, not got round to adjusting it tho

if you thinking there may be another chip arround the corner that will be better..well...there may, but there may not, how long are you gonna hold out?

Thanks
    Karma Level

adjusted my laser and all full size dvds work,no DRE's,i say use full size ritek media and adjust your laser and you should be fine playing games,im just waiting on the full size case to come out,we'll here more about it after the chinese new year as they've taken a break.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I havent touched my pc xbox or ps2 not to mention ds since the cube and viper came along, im actually playing games with a mind to complete them and having fun again.
    What more could u want also every game works best bet full size ritek and laser adjust if needed .
    Mini dvdr look nice and tidy in there but are a bit temperamental.
    Bitches aint shit!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers guys, just what I wanted to know! :thumbs oh and I found the compatibility list I asked for, oops! http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=214557 although you say all games work, brilliant!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by herbinator
    I havent touched my pc xbox or ps2 not to mention ds since the cube and viper came along, im actually playing games with a mind to complete them and having fun again.
    What more could u want also every game works best bet full size ritek and laser adjust if needed .
    Mini dvdr look nice and tidy in there but are a bit temperamental.
    Same here i was Xbox mad .Never touched it since i got a Viper and Cube Resident Evil 4 is just the best thing ever and like you say im having fun too playing the other Cube games .. :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

the gc is dead anyways lets face it after res evil4 there is no games worth playing, well no new games.(maybe a few old games,and i mean a few)just take a look to see what games are coming out for the gc f**k all the viper arrived around 2 yrs to late i wish i hadnt wasted my money on one now heh.if you have a ps2 or xbox chipped just stick with that and let the gc die in piece.....

Thanks
    Karma Level

rubbish, if you have a few mates the GC has hours of multiplayer fun to offer, res evil is a great game yeah, but theres many other great games already out, metroid, paper mario, wario party games, mario golf, mario kart zelda and donkey konga, all of which your never gonna see on a xbox or PS2

Thanks
    Karma Level

i'm the same hardlt touched the xbox since i got yet another cube and a nice new viper

resident evil 4 has to be the best resident evil game ever