Close

Thread: winmx

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help winmx

:tongue winmx does anyone use it have had probs getting anything lately ,it searches ok and comes up with loads of songs but,when they try to connect they go off .can't get em .anyone else has this prob or is it just me ...or is there something else i can use ..buckshee:thumbs
    Basil: Come on, start, will you? Start, you vicious bastard! Oh my God! I'm warning you: If you don't start...I'll count to 3: 1...2...3! Right, that's it! Well, don't say I haven't warned you! That’s it! I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: winmx

Whenever iv'e tried to use it i had the same thing always queued for ever and the queue goes up instead of down, to me it's the biggest load of :censored sh@t iv'e ever tried. There is another i use which i found great (quick downloads and never fake files so far) but i dont know if im allowed to mention it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by schematic
    Whenever iv'e tried to use it i had the same thing always queued for ever and the queue goes up instead of down, to me it's the biggest load of :censored sh@t iv'e ever tried. There is another i use which i found great (quick downloads and never fake files so far) but i dont know if im allowed to mention it.
    you dont mean that peice or crap Kazaa do you?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have heard that Kazaa carries a lot of spyware is that good or bad ?tried winmx again tonight ,really getting my goat think i might uninstall it that'll teach the fcuker to mess with me ...
    Basil: Come on, start, will you? Start, you vicious bastard! Oh my God! I'm warning you: If you don't start...I'll count to 3: 1...2...3! Right, that's it! Well, don't say I haven't warned you! That’s it! I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Kazaa is a dungheap. Full of spyware etc which IS harmful. Before anybody else starts I am talking about Kazaa and not Kazaa lite which is also a pile of dung but supposedly without the spyware.

Can't offer you any alternatives as I use WinMX for tunes and am happy with it.

EDIT: In fact just fired it up and am getting Eric Prydz Call on Me in at 92270 B/s so I would say that it works OK.

MORE EDIT: Tried a few tracks now and got most of them. What is probably happening is that people are cutting you off when you hit them. Happens a lot on there but mainly when you aren't sharing much. I have a mate who will not let people download off him unless they have something quality that he wants. I cut people off myself if they are trying to download the wifes shite tracks as I don't think anyone should be subjected to that dross. It is for their own good. It is an old community with a lot of Meldrews on it. Can't be helped.

Advice is share more or pm someone before hitting their share as you may have more success that way.
    Last edited by BertRoot; 18th February 2005 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Tried it + some more editing as well.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ive used kazaa for ages then ive changed to lime wire pro aint had no problems `n` ive had top speeds off it got every thing i wanted so far

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers guys for your help..I agree with you Bertroot on the wifes stuff if it's like my wifes shite fcukin boy bands and that..Are we talking BB as iam still using dial up,wondered if it is part of the problem...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by basil fawlty
    cheers guys for your help..I agree with you Bertroot on the wifes stuff if it's like my wifes shite fcukin boy bands and that..Are we talking BB as iam still using dial up,wondered if it is part of the problem...
    Could be your issue. I use BB hence the dl speed quoted above. I dled for a while last night off there but did get a lot of disconnections as well. People are assholes at times.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by crack_it
    ive used kazaa for ages then ive changed to lime wire pro aint had no problems `n` ive had top speeds off it got every thing i wanted so far
    Limewire is what i was on about, havn't had any problems with it at all for mp3's, had alot of fake video's tho so i stick to mIRC for that.
    Last edited by schematic; 20th February 2005 at 12:20 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

is the limewire free or do you need to pay for it? thanks
    Oh f@ck it!

[url]http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k173/nok1up/[/url]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Limewire is free, but if you have any sense you'd stick clear of all of these programs, as these are the programs the the RIAA caught people out using. I actually know one of they guys that got caught, so it can and does happen!
    I am a loud man with a very large hat. This means I am in charge

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks
    Karma Level

what happened to him?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Try soulseek instead of winmx and the likes....trust me

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos
    what happened to him?
    5k fine - not pleasant
    I am a loud man with a very large hat. This means I am in charge

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Re: winmx

hmm... isn't soul seek another peer2peer app? just saw on te news that the RIAA have askedfr another 31 or so names from ISPs' to prosecute. Just watch your step peeps.. usually use emule but not for about a week now...

ahleung