Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rant Ebay robbing sellers

Ads like this grip my shit :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...137349471&rd=1

£23.99 buy it now price + £4.45 postage .

Now check how much they cost on the original site and note postage is included in that price because I just ordered one over the phone:

http://www.churchill.co.uk/fun/orderform.htm

I mailed the ebay seller but as you can probably imagine he chose not to reply.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ebay robbing sellers

Unfortunately there are always people around to prey on those unwilling or unable to look for themselves.
    I appreciate it is a marketplace and people don't have to buy, but it bugs the hell out of me as well.
    Me and my fella spit our dummies out so we won't be coming back. ever. boo hoo.

This is a techy / hackers forum not a fu**ing mothers meeting so - peace out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

what f**king gets me with ebay is how sellers inflate postage rates. OK fair enough if the postage does actually cost that much but it seldom does.

I've bought stuff off ebay where the postage has been £7 for an item - granted it came via special delivery as stated so this was ok.

But then other times I've paid £3.50 for a cable ?! You see people selling mmc cards/SD/memory stick cards etc and they want like a fiver postage ! Then to add insult to injury you can see 60p's worth of stamps on the envelope.

I think if traders on ebay were more realistic with there postage costs then I would definitely be inclined to buy more from them. Robbing c**ts !!! *LOL*

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

almost baught a rs mmc off ebay other nite (which is the new 1s half the size of a mmc ) but they wanted 7 quid postage......

7 quid wtf for to stick summit in a jiffy?

saying that i now look at the price with postage as teh sale price and thing is it worth 23 quid (instead of 16 pounds plus 7 quid delivery ) or wot eva

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't really understand what you are annoyed? You buy something cheap and you sell it as much as you can get for it.... Its the way things have always been!

Sometimes, I keep an eye out for proper "steam train" stuff for my dad. Check out this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...956794939&rd=1

(note the price it sold for and the price tag on the box in the picture)

All I could think is.... Damm I wish I had found the shop that it sold for that price!

At the end of the day, you either pay the price or not. I can unferstand if you were trying to shaft a friend or someone in DF... or even trying to scam or really con people. However, at the end of the day, this guy is making £12 (ish) on the item... and if people pay the price then why not?

As far as postage prices go, some people do go too far with postal prices, but again I can understand turning a £2.50 fee into a £5.00 to recover paypal/ebay charges. I don't do it personally, but I can see why frequent sellars do.

If you have a grevience with this churchhill thang, why not report him to the orginal sellars or undercut him yoursleft on ebay with your own churchill empire

Thanks
    Karma Level

i gotta agree with Dirty Girl, the starting bid for the item was 99p, not sure if there was a reserve but if not someone could have bid £1 and won if no-one else bidded.

Fair play to the seller in my opinion!

Thanks
    Karma Level

the factory for the stuff folk sell isnt in their back gardens - they have to get the goods to themselves first and this costs money, which has to passed on in postage

also, they can make profit on postage if they want to. if you don't want to pay for their postage, then you don't buy their items and find a person that can have the item delivered to your door for less
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

When you bid for something you have to mentally add the cost of the postage to your bid price as that is what it's going to cost you for the item. If the seller is overdoing it on the postage, you know it anyway and have the oppertunity not to bid. Don't forget, sellers fees and paypal charges all add up for the bidder too (Up to 25% of the cost of the item in some cases).

Thanks
    Karma Level

another one :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

These things are fcuking free FFS.:nono
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPlAnKs
    the factory for the stuff folk sell isnt in their back gardens - they have to get the goods to themselves first and this costs money, which has to passed on in postage

also, they can make profit on postage if they want to. if you don't want to pay for their postage, then you don't buy their items and find a person that can have the item delivered to your door for less

check rules on ebay, you can charge a resonable amount for handling, not to inflate your profit it pi$$es me off the way the postage is inflated, old trick to pay less in listing fees
    :kissass :cry: Hmm I wonder which 3 this is ????

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by fastblatt
    When you bid for something you have to mentally add the cost of the postage to your bid price as that is what it's going to cost you for the item. If the seller is overdoing it on the postage, you know it anyway and have the oppertunity not to bid. Don't forget, sellers fees and paypal charges all add up for the bidder too (Up to 25% of the cost of the item in some cases).

again, you are not SUPPOSED to pass on paypal fees to the buyeer it is your choice to accept this method of payment. :censored
    :kissass :cry: Hmm I wonder which 3 this is ????

Thanks
    Karma Level

<TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width="10%">Item location: </TD><TD width="100%">Middlesbrough
    United Kingdom</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

He he, sais it all (Before anyone says anything, I'm a smoggy, born and raised in the Boro lol).

I was talkin to a mate of mine who was selling cheap, home made tshirts on EBay - He simply got a local print company to whack an emblem onto a 2.99 tshirt, sold the tshirt for 9.99 then charged 25 quid for delivery claiming it was being shipped from France - cheeky get. He's sold some though.

Unreal