Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Where do u see wrestling going?

After watching an interview the other night on wrestling channel with Russo? it gave you quite an insight into how he got into the wrestling industry etc. I get the impression he is not liked by many now in industry but to me in this interview he seemed quite articulate and did not have an axe to grind with anyone though the interviewer constantly gave him the chance to.

From that interview I got the impression that there really is only 2 shows now for wrestling fans TNA and WWE. Now Russo was kinda saying the way TNA was going he did not think it was right and well the WWE is in my opinion on its last legs

So what do u guys think.

Where is wrestling going in the future?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Where do u see wrestling going?

I also watched the shoot interview with russo and really enjoyed it!

Do you think he liked hogan?

Wrestling needs some real competition otherwise its will go like wcw & ecw!

I say give Nwa-tna a proper tv deal and push it agianst the wwe!

Competition = Entertainment for fans
    [IMG]http://uk.geocities.com/djbantam2004/batista_sig4.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol scott about hogan I wonder what went wrong between those 2 guys.

I dont know 2 much about wrestling other than I used to just watch it when i was a kid giant haystacks era and wondering if they were going to show that or american on world of sport. I did not really get that it was story driven etc but now 20 years on or so I appreciate it more what these guys go through and the way it works.

I found that interview excellent it was so honest and russo tried to be as un bias as he could.

I like you think that TNA has to be pushed to max its only way there should be a place for both organisations.

I found it interesting that there was so much politics as russo said and the different types of physcology between the writers etc.

One thing we desperetly need this shake up in our wrestling somethin is badly lackin some of it is getting so predictible when WWE is concerend although I am not at that stage but most of the other contributors in this forum pretty much get your predictions for card and results right.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ask me this question a few months ago and my answer would have been ''wrestling is going down the pan'' but for the first time in years the WWE managed not to balls up a stroyline (so far anyway) Im talking about the Batista/HHH feud.

They built it up slowly and turned Big Dave at the right time. The only way they can balls this up is if Batista jobs out to tripper. And if that happens then i will never watch WWE again. (there lucky im still watching after the Randy Orton title reign)

and as good as TNA is, if they dont get some help finacially they r screwd coz they r constantly in the red. All there tickest are given away for free and they rely on PPV and merchandise sales. u aint gotta be a genius to understand y they r in trouble.

without financial backing they will never compete with WWE
    Last edited by -G-Man-; 17th March 2005 at 01:53 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

agreed Gman..if they screw Batista at WM, I'll be royally pissed

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have totally been laughing my head off at the hhh/batista events it has been the best heel change I have seen making batista look inteligent I thought would have been hard as they were always describing him as the beast or animal of evolution.

I hope batista wins at wrestlemania anything less would be a travesty. HHH needs to turn more wrestlers into better wrestlers if its possible.

I hope to goodness sake that orton does not win against taker this legend killer tag is such a bad idea and taker surely deserves more respect than to job to orton.

I dont think Rik Flair should be wrestling he should be used more as a side kick clown he plays that role very well always been maniplulated by HHH but it would be interesting if they had played the maniplualation between orton and flair better and flair lashing out at HHH.

I was surprised at viscera and gangrell on wwe I was kind of hoping they might have brought the brood back since edge is now a heel.

It seems there has been a long time since there were factions and the last time they used that type of story line I thought it worked quite well.

The stephanie kidnap line was good with taker.

Originallity seems to have left the building and they seem to be rehashing old plots at moment but are using old plots that really did not take off first time round.

It also seems to be that so much has been lost since Mick foley, stone cold and the rock have not been seen on a regular basis. Those guys done so much, The mic skills of the rock were imense and the unpredicitble words of austin but leading up to the stunner was hilarious. Dont know what happened with foley towards the end such a shame what they did to hime in the story line of evolution / orton the guy was a god and that to me should never have happened spitting on his face and the coward angle.

What do you guys recon?
    Last edited by gandalf72; 17th March 2005 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wrestling will never ever get back to how good it used to be because back in in 98-99 you had great wrestlers like Mick Foley, The Rock, HHH, Steve Austin, DX, Ken Shamrock, Undertaker, Kane, all in their prime and all well over with the crowd.

Usually you might get 2 or 3 wrestlers like that at one time but we were lucky enough to get 9 or 10 all at the same time. Thats why wrestling will nevber get back to the days when EVERYONE watched it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rant Re: Where do u see wrestling going?

Quote Originally Posted by -G-Man-
    Wrestling will never ever get back to how good it used to be because back in in 98-99 you had great wrestlers like Mick Foley, The Rock, HHH, Steve Austin, DX, Ken Shamrock, Undertaker, Kane, all in their prime and all well over with the crowd.

Usually you might get 2 or 3 wrestlers like that at one time but we were lucky enough to get 9 or 10 all at the same time. Thats why wrestling will nevber get back to the days when EVERYONE watched it.
    i agree with you totally there

i know this might not be everyones view but trips needs to drop the heavyweight championship, he needs to go away and make it exciting again
    i am sick of hearing that groan that the crowd gives whenever he wins..
    yes hes shagging the bosses daughter but please give some other people a chance! there is so much unused talent in wwe, even if I saw the title change hands between 5 different people in a year it would be better than seeing everyone job to trips and hearing his "i'm the best in the business" speech

the wwe needs that wow factor back.. it doesnt just need big people like stone cold and the rock... it needs more excitement and less predictability that is what will get the casual fan back and make sports entertainment great again

otherwise its just going nowhere..

wwe really needs some major competition to stop the product from being stale, but i personally dont see that happening in the near future

Social Networking Bookmarks