Close

Thread: tv gadgets

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default tv gadgets

Has anyone seen the advert on the sly channel for the 6 minute abs thing where u just sit in an upright position and push down on this gadget?

Reason why I ask is well I am in need of sliming down a tad in the ol belly section and dont really got a lot of time to excercise and wondered if these things actually worked or not.

I dont think I am doing the crunches right and am naturally unfit lol so need to try and do something about it that aint to hard to do and can be done correctly.

i tried to do push ups but well they end up like something else lol :|

Still at least I am trying lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: tv gadgets

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf72
    Has anyone seen the advert on the sly channel for the 6 minute abs thing where u just sit in an upright position and push down on this gadget?

Reason why I ask is well I am in need of sliming down a tad in the ol belly section and dont really got a lot of time to excercise and wondered if these things actually worked or not.

I dont think I am doing the crunches right and am naturally unfit lol so need to try and do something about it that aint to hard to do and can be done correctly.

i tried to do push ups but well they end up like something else lol :|

Still at least I am trying lol
    There is tons of these kinda products on the market m8 and they ALL claim to be the number1 workout tool:nono But in order to see the results of doing the sit-up etc m8 you gotta lose all the love handles first n foremost..Most people have some type of ab muscle underneath all the excess fat but you will need to follow a good
    balanced diet as well as a good workout routine....I myself have only ever used the ab-cruncher and I found it pretty good but too see the results you got to loose the fat around the ab area m8..You could do crunches,sit-ups all bloody day but not keeping to the diet,exercise etc routine will it just wont work m8...
    Try n do some type of CV m8 and try n watch what your eating, it wont give you the ab's but its a step in the right direction.Most people end up paying stupid money for these things and it just ends up after the novelty has worn off in the wardobe or even under the bed....Get 1 of those ab-crunchers m8,as they are dirt cheap and give the ab's a good workout...anything else just ask

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah like toto said, you can buy these products, and work on them like no ones business, but you dont get rid of flab, you just tone the muscles underneath, the only way to get rid of the buldge to see what you've achieved after slaving on your abs, is to do cardio and diet!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers guys for the advice I always know that tv gadgets dont work but always hope they do lol forever the optimist.

I need to find probably a easy way if possible to sort this problem out not got a huge problem maybe 1 stone over wieght max but it s the gut that is the problem.

Diet is shot processed foods etc excersise is non existant and got problems health wise with joints in hands which makes life dificult but main problem has always been motivation and time.

Can you recommend what a complete starter like me can find out about diet and entry level excersise? I dont want to wait till its too late lol

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by gandalf72; 29th March 2005 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No problem m8 But in order to try n maintain some sort of reasonable body weight m8,you gotta watch what you eat and exercise properly for it..Theres not really any other option as if there was,cant see their being much fat ass's
    Start of by doing some light CV workouts,say for talking sake 5-10mins,stationery bike,5-10mins on treadmill,5-10 mins on the Cross-trainer and so on..Keep it nice
    and easy to begin with to get your fitness levels up a bit then start with increasing your workouts/edurance exercise..say by adding on 1-2 mins for every exercise done.Always chalk n change your routine,it would surprise you how quickly your body gets used to doing the same routine..Shock the body,thats the way to go.
    Eating better will also help you feel better,resulting in doing so properly will lead to weight loss and better body definition..But it's all of them rolled into 1 that makes adifference not just some of 1 and bits of another...Cut out most junk food and try n have something more healthier than say a packet of crisps,maybe some fruit,yoghurt,cereal bar etc..ALWAYS have what we call a cheat day,where by you have really anything(within reason though)that gives you something to look forward too and doesnt make it really hard to follow..Treats are ok,but in moderation m8.Popel tend to go over-board with this bit.
    Have smaller portions for your meals but more frequent..Drink water with your meals,helps fill up making you feel more fuller,causing you to eat less..
    I think I have covered most things but anyhting else,just ask Good luck

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers m8 looks like i better get my lazy backside down to gorbals gym lol and start on the treadmills the body will be well shocked with that lol.

I seen your reciepe bar on earlier post once I have finished burning the potatoes to the pan and exploding boiled eggs too I may get round to that lol If i am lucky I may just have a house to come home to at end of day lol