Close

Thread: "Healthy" Foods

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question "Healthy" Foods

Hi, Im currently dieting and have lost about a stone over the last 2/3 weeks. Im basically cuttin down my calorie intake, doing 30-45mins of exercise bike 5days a week.

However, the "foods" im eating are real crap, havin like a pot noodle as a meal. Main thing is I dont like salad and that kinda food. And as a result of my dodgy diet am feeling really tired for long periods of the day.

Was wondering if people had some suggestions for foods I could start having for snacks/meals (i tend to have 4/5 smaller snacks/meals than 2/3 larger meals a day). Foods that aint for rabbits, cant stand the salad and girly kinda things

Cheers.
    SpArK
    It's better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: "Healthy" Foods

There are all sorts of good foods you can eat that aren't 'rabbit' food or 'girly' food, whatever they are. But it has to be more of a lifestyle change rather than just the odd apple here or there, then going out and having 12 pints and a curry.

Here is a great website for some tips and a comprehensive list of the world's healthiest foods.

http://www.whfoods.com/index.html

Try a mix of walnuts, almonds, raw cashews, raisins, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, Julian Graves sell a great Natural Mix 500g for £3.49, very healthy and great to snack on.

With the right diet you will never be tired and the cravings you have for sweet and sugary foods will disappear, helping you to lose weight in the process.

Cut out processed foods completely such as Pot Noodles or any similar foods, they are usually full of poisons such as MSG (monosodium glutamate), this is a synthetic flavour enhancer and has been linked to cancer, mental illness and all sorts of other illnesses. Processed foods are full of this kind of crap and by cutting them out of your diet you will see a big difference in how you feel.
    Last edited by CzarJunkie; 10th April 2005 at 11:15 AM.