Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rant Rover Warranties

:annoyed:

Well the dashboard electrics on my spanking new MG ZR are shafted. Loads of warning lights on and no speedo to boot.

What have Rover (Duttons) Blackpool said? "Contact the branch you bought it from".

What did Rover (Burnden) Bolton say?

"All warranties are void until next Monday at the earliest."

"Unless, sir, you care to pay for the diagnosis and repair, then attempt to claim it back from the administration".

Yeah, right.

Feckin Towers and his sh!te management. :annoyed:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Rover Warranties

Doesn't your insurance cover you for a full refund or replacement if it is written off in the first year? It might be worth looking into, drive it off somewhere, barrel the lock, rip the wires under the dash and set fire to it.
    Me and my fella spit our dummies out so we won't be coming back. ever. boo hoo.

This is a techy / hackers forum not a fu**ing mothers meeting so - peace out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The worst thing about car warranty work is that the dealership themselves are not interested as they dont generate any money out of it. Hence they will try and fob you off
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

skel28

f'kers S. Hope you get it sorted mate.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would ask legal eagle about this one. I imagine that the seller is responsible for the warrantie on yoyr car and not the parent company? The dealerships are usually a "franchise", so I cannot understand how they can shirk responsibility of the repair regardless of what happens to Rover.

I also imagine that there is a legal requirement to honour all warranties even if the company did fold?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles
    :annoyed:

Well the dashboard electrics on my spanking new MG ZR are shafted. Loads of warning lights on and no speedo to boot.

What have Rover (Duttons) Blackpool said? "Contact the branch you bought it from".

What did Rover (Burnden) Bolton say?

"All warranties are void until next Monday at the earliest."

"Unless, sir, you care to pay for the diagnosis and repair, then attempt to claim it back from the administration".

Yeah, right.

Feckin Towers and his sh!te management. :annoyed:
    This could be a good excuse to get away with speeding fines.

Or you could take it to Tescos because the way they are buying everything up itll be roverTesco next.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2
    Or you could take it to Tescos because the way they are buying everything up itll be roverTesco next.
    There's many on the main MGRover forums that agree with that.

Hmm... servicing, with clubcard points :whistle

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by lin
    Doesn't your insurance cover you for a full refund or replacement if it is written off in the first year? It might be worth looking into, drive it off somewhere, barrel the lock, rip the wires under the dash and set fire to it.
    I like this idea as you cant be offered a new one LOL

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dont worry about it Shambles you will be able to buy a new car next week for the same price as the faulty bulb:thumbs

And it isnt just burnden Lex that are crap, My sister got a brand new corsa from Kirkby central up the road, she took out some tire insurance because driving my dads car she replaced a tire ever 6 weeks. When she got a puncture and required a new tire (they never happen in repairable spots) it turned out they didnt pay for the policy and the insurance was no good. in the mean time Kirkby central is now Willsons and they didnt want to know. after about 5 months she was offered the money back. getting the cheque was another matter.

We took the car in on monday as there is a ticking noise, turns out there is now a fault with the timing chain or somthing, Vauxhall are about to do a product recall in the next month or so but untill then they wont fix it even though it is under warrenty. last time it went in the replaced the "manifold valve" I didnt know they have one.

I used to know someone who worked (LEX rover) there I havnt seen him for ages so I dont know, if you get nowhere let me know I will chase him down and see whats happening.

Good Luck

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Little John
    I used to know someone who worked (LEX rover) there I havnt seen him for ages so I dont know, if you get nowhere let me know I will chase him down and see whats happening.

Good Luck
    Cheers LJ. I've decided to sort my problem out myself and stuff the warranty. When it's sorted I'll dump the car (not in lin's manner) but get rid either way. Monday will be the telling day.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles
    Cheers LJ. I've decided to sort my problem out myself and stuff the warranty. When it's sorted I'll dump the car (not in lin's manner) but get rid either way. Monday will be the telling day.
    Warranty Shmorranty. They ain't worth the paper they are written on. You have had nowt but problems with that fooker Shambles. I'll drive it through their window for you if you like.

Thanks
    Karma Level

driving my dads car she replaced a tire ever 6 weeks.
    Sorry to jump the thread, but WTF ! How hard was she ragging the car, or did she make a point of aiming for broken glass and rusty nails in the road ?
    I am a loud man with a very large hat. This means I am in charge

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by big man
    Sorry to jump the thread, but WTF ! How hard was she ragging the car, or did she make a point of aiming for broken glass and rusty nails in the road ?
    The place she worked at used an unclaimed road for parking it was full of pot holes and broken glass, it turned out that one of the other companies, a garrage was pissed at them using it because the were using it also to park cars for their business and took offence but they only found this out once she had left. they were putting nails in the dirt under the edges of the tires so they ended up punctured. we thought she was hitting the pot holes or being very unlucky never it was sabotage.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

The place she worked at used an unclaimed road for parking it was full of pot holes and broken glass, it turned out that one of the other companies, a garrage was pissed at them using it because the were using it also to park cars for their business and took offence but they only found this out once she had left. they were putting nails in the dirt under the edges of the tires so they ended up punctured. we thought she was hitting the pot holes or being very unlucky never it was sabotage.
    Ah - that'd do it :coffee:
    I am a loud man with a very large hat. This means I am in charge

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.