Close

View Poll Results: What is Nicola Horlick?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superwoman

8 27.59%
  • Fooking idiot

21 72.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nicola Horlick

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Nicola Horlick

Nicola Horlick

What are your thoughts on this woman? Five kids yet still fights with a bloke attacking her with a gun. Should she have let him have the ring and risk leaving her kids motherless or should she just have given it him and walked away?

Sorry. Here is the story as well.

Nicola Horlick, the City fund manager, described yesterday how she outwitted two muggers who held her at gunpoint outside her home.

Miss Horlick, 44, who became famous for juggling her career with being a mother of five children, forced her attackers to flee empty-handed despite having been pistol-whipped and left with a bleeding head wound.

She threw her diamond and topaz ring into bushes and then persuaded the robber that he would be better off helping her to look for it than stealing her Patek Philippe watch, which she told him was "not really worth anything".

Miss Horlick was returning to her five-storey house in South Kensington, west London, on Monday evening after dropping one of her daughters at a disco. One of the men pointed a gun at her and ordered her to hand over her jewellery, threatening to shoot her if she refused.

She told the robber that it would be "pretty stupid" of him to shoot her because he would be jailed for life, so he said he would hit her with his gun, adding: "This gun is metal, it will hurt."

Miss Horlick, whose other four children were inside the house, replied: "Fine, hit me." The robber pushed her against her car, hit her behind the ear with his gun, and struck her forehead with his other hand. As he held her on the ground and asked again for the ring, she took it off and flicked it into the communal garden square without him noticing.

She said: "He was confused, so I said: 'Oh dear, I seem to have dropped the ring - let me help you look for it.' "

The gunman let go of Miss Horlick and asked for her watch instead. She replied that it was "not valuable" and that they would be better off looking for the ring.

A car then pulled into the square and she told the gunman that it was her husband. At that point, Miss Horlick was able to run off and the men fled on their moped.

Despite having blood trickling from her head wound, Miss Horlick refused to be taken in an ambulance - saying she needed to return to her children - and turned up for work at the fund management company she runs in Knightsbridge as usual at 8am yesterday.

She said: "I just acted instinctively. The police said it wasn't a good idea to resist and that I could have been killed, but I didn't see why I should hand anything over.

"If you don't stand up to them, they will think it's easy. I had never been in a situation like that before so I didn't know how I was going to react."

Scotland Yard said it was linking the attack with two others by men on a moped on the same evening. Earlier, a 44-year-old woman was robbed in Chelsea, and later a 38-year-old man had items stolen in Belgravia.

Miss Horlick said this was the fourth time in three years that she had been a victim of crime at her home. "The crime rate is definitely rising," she said. "I think there are not enough police in London. Something needs to be done."

The attack came as Miss Horlick - author of the book Can You Have It All? - had got back on her feet after a difficult 18 months during which her marriage broke up and she was without a job. She has now founded her own company and has reportedly started a new relationship.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...13/ixhome.html
    Last edited by BertRoot; 14th April 2005 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Add story

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Nicola Horlick

Can't say I've heard of that story - probs because I don't take much notice of the News in this country....
    "The story starts here, lets be clear - this scenario is happening everywhere....
    And you aint going to Nirvana - or Farvana - you're coming right back here to deal with your Karma..."

Thanks
    Karma Level

stupid cow......

-My views are not those of the OMRLP ....
    Losing Gracefully Since September 2010

Thanks
    Karma Level

She was on GMTV/Lorraine yesterday morning. Someone told me. And if anyone tells you that I work nights and relish my morning dose of Trisha (or currently the MJ trial on Sky News) is a liar .... :whistle

Anyway ....

She looked cool as fu(k about it all. Couldn't understand why her attacker should have something she owned just because they wanted it - that was the basis of her defence. Fair play I say.

Thanks
    Karma Level

This kind of thing piss me off, she get on tele because she fought off a mugger and because she is a so called city whizz kid, what about all the people who have to live their lives day in day out with muggings, abuse, violence and fuck knows what else, when will they be on tele as hero, never. :grr:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow4069
    "This kind of thing piss me off, she get on tele"
    /me man .... /she wooooman ....

Thanks
    Karma Level

In my oppinion the woman took her chances and gambled with her life and luckily the kids wasn't left motherless, I wouldn't give her a bravery medal for her actions though. Jewellery can be replaced, Lives can't. Unfortunately it's the way of the world today and all comes down to Greed...You've got what I want kind of thing

Thanks
    Karma Level

she was mindblowingly stupid, no possesion is worth losing your life for. and what about her kids, the only way you should endanger your life would be to protect your kids. no she`s a typical "money is my god" sort of person.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Agreed with the above coments the stupid cow shouldn't have risked her life over a trinket ffs!
    And if she is as money orientated as she appears to be i'll bet the silly bitch has got it insured to fuck meaning she risked her life over something that she would have got the value minus any excess back on.

Stupid self centered yuppie cow! :annoyed:

Thanks
    Karma Level

She is one of the most grasping horrible examples of the scum who exploit the misery of others to satisfy their own greed. Would not be suprised if this was staged to earn itself some more publicity / few more quid as its been out of the media for a while.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i dont think the above comments are all that fair, if you were in that situation you dont know how youd react. i cant say whether id go one way or another in the circumstances, i know what i should do for safetys sake but thats not to say i would. about the final comment (suburban kid), what are you on about? the fact that she works in the job she does? if so, what has that got to do with this incident? also, do you seriously believe that it was a set-up?!

Thanks
    Karma Level

She may have been stupid to gamble her life over a ring which was no doubt insured anyway, but her reaction may have been a gut thing. She just reacted, in accordance with her character, which when you consider the job she is famous for, is very agressive and "inyour face". most people who work in the money markets are of a certain kind, and this shows thru in times of crisis..
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

An arse of the highest order, lucky to escape unscathed...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by diablos
    An arse of the highest order, lucky to escape unscathed...
    The fact she was lucky to escape will now encourage others to fight back until someone dies and then people will start to see sense.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Stupid bitch for all the above reasons. What’s even worse is she is now as good as being commended for here actions as if they were the right thing to do

Had the muggers been proper hardened criminals, yardies, scag heads..etc instead of a couple of nancy's with most likely a blank fire'er then she would very possibly have had a hole blown in her head as soon as she threw the ring away :annoyed:

For a supposedly very clever woman she acted extremely foolishly considering what was at stake.

E~Mail Me @: wWw.Tribe2k@GMail.Com

Thanks
    Karma Level

Apparently there were two similar attacks in neighbouring areas within a short time of this attack. So she said on GMTV.

Thanks
    Karma Level

She bloody insane in the brain
    Keep smiling :)
    It makes people wonder what you're up to

Thanks
    Karma Level

Never ever heard of the woman.. bud judging on that story she's a fooking idiot. But then again so are her attackers... if it had been any other criminal they would have just pistol whipped her for being a tool!.

I would never EVER put my life at risk knowing I have children... pure stupidity
    Last edited by incognito™; 16th April 2005 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

agree with the general consensus on here, she acted stupidly. Now shes gonna tell her kids to "stand up against muggers", nd one of them is gonna get shot...

DJ
    I was touched by Jesus, so i had him arrested.

Thanks
    Karma Level

arsehole !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast