Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Honda Civic Type R.

Hi Guys,

After a hell of a year with my Focus ST170:

1, New Engine Due To Piston Braking.
    2, VVT Problems.
    3, Electrical Problems.
    4, PDI Checker forgetting to take wooden blokes out from front wheels.
    5, Endless noises and nocking sounds.
    6, Endless break warping 2 sets of brake pads at £80 a set.
    7, ECU Problems were car stalls.
    8, Clutch problems.

And So on...... I've decided enough is enought, I really liked the new seat Leon Cupra R but due to the dealer being a "wan**r" and having the test drive from hell with such classic lines as:

"I've been in the job 15 years so can you slow down" :grr:
    "
    This is a cupra type R don't you know"

"Thiers a roundabout down here" <-- Really I've only lived in the area my whole life never noticed it before.

"Have you got your seatbelt on" <-- ... my arse has not touched seat yet!

And the fact that he would not budge on the price as it was pre-registered meaning I missed out on 2 seat coats a track day, plus tickets to the touring car put me off of what is otherwize a very nice looking car.

As I had so much fun with Mr Seat :censored I decided that I would go take a look at the honda civic Type R, even tho I'm still no sure about the look of the car. This time the test drive consisted of:

" Floor it!" :thumbs
    "Don't change up yet"
    "Do that mini copper S"

Which was more to my style of things and the car itslef went very well. Compaired to the dash of the Seat the Honda looks abit naff but its great fun to drive. Has anyone else here got a type R had any problems with it as I don't want to go down the same route as the above focus. Else what else should I be looking at with a max spend of £17600?

Cheers Guys.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Honda Civic Type R.

You might be able to get a new Golf GTi discounted to around that price - better build quality than the Honda, better car to live with too, you don't have to constantly floor it to access the power. I've had mine for coming up to 2 months now and it's a lovely car, although I've had the engine replaced already - but don't let that put you off (ahem).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh and I think the Civic Type R replacement is out later this year too isn't it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Engine replaced already..... 2 months!

Hope you not been playing with the ecu!

Thanks
    Karma Level

No I didn't do anything silly! The guy at VW said there's no need to be gentle with the engine, it was run in already at the factory.. I didn't believe him, and I think I was right. I was getting "Check Coolant!" messages all the time - checked the coolant and it looked a bit murky. They replaced the oil pump, and the coolant system, it was still happening. "Don't worry it's probably a dodgy sensor, it's fine to drive" they said, "I don't care you are taking it in and fixing it" I replied.. a few days after they took it in, the engine blew completely. Long story short - they replaced the whole block and I'm taking it very gently at the moment.

I was doing my level best to kill the sh!tty 1.9 diesel courtesy car they gave me though. I'm sure I heard it crying when I gave it back.

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL... they all say that now days... but my focus had done 25,000 when it went but I think it was due to the bodge job they did when they replaced the head with the VVT problems.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My old Fiesta Si (chipped) was dead after about 25000 miles - it would overheat after about 20 minutes, plus the power steering went on it after I left it parked up for a few months when I was driving pool cars. I took it to the local garage and they said I needed a complete new unit - but I said I'd drive without power steering instead. Then I found out the fluid had actually frozen (??) and after about 500 miles it was fine again. Bloody rip off garages.

My old Focus did about 55000 when the electrics went - an unfortunate side effect was the brakes failing and the power steering failing. The sensor that monitors the speed got water damage and kept telling the car that I'd stopped. When I was doing around 70mph. It wasn't a nice experience, and happened around once a week!

Then my Alfa Romeo had to have the rear suspension replaced completely after 2 years. I'm not the luckiest of drivers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds like you've had about my level of luck.... but from what I can make out u probably drive most things as hard as I do!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I love my Leon Cupra, top car, quality build and runs really well...also with a drop of the Revo software.....adds 40bhp, untraceable too...
    If you can't run with the big dogs, stay in the porch!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yer I'd seen the revo stuff on boys toys it looked good, but its the fact I don't like the sales guy more than anything. My old man had Seat Ibitza Cupra while back and it was an awsome car.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Skoda Fabia VRS ?

I've got two now and love em. Take a look over at briskoda.net or scoobynet and see how many people, like me, have chopped in Scooby's for them.

£12380 OTR for the basic car (Some dealers offer discounts) add a Revo, AMD or jabbasport map for < £500 and you'll be looking at 7 secs 0-60, more torque than you'll know what to do with and still 40 - 50 to the gallon.
    Stu.... :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why not see the manager of the sales guy you had and tell him that if it wasn't for his attitude you would be spending your cash there and not down the road at Honda/VW? It may get you money off and a grovelling apology.
    Personally, if a sales man had told me to "floor it" and "Do that Mini Cooper S" I'd have gone to a more mature sales outlet and not bought it from "Max Power Honda Ltd."

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My mate's Mrs. has a toyota corolla t-sport, it is a good laugh to drive & similar to those ones you have mentioned.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by soptom
    Why not see the manager of the sales guy you had and tell him that if it wasn't for his attitude you would be spending your cash there and not down the road at Honda/VW? It may get you money off and a grovelling apology.
    Personally, if a sales man had told me to "floor it" and "Do that Mini Cooper S" I'd have gone to a more mature sales outlet and not bought it from "Max Power Honda Ltd."
    Yeah but if you are buying a car like that then ur hardly looking for a 4x4 mature attitude are u???

Thanks
    Karma Level

I sorta agree with both Sop and JD.

The guy from Seat was just plain rude, but he was the manager he made me feel uptight on the test drive and uneasy and as JD says it is a fast car not 1.4micra!

The bloke from honda did not have a max power attatude he just showed me what the car could do, on a clear dual carridge way in perfect weather conditons.

Sounds good STU but I hate diesels. :nowords:
    Last edited by JimJim; 26th April 2005 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by JimJim
    Sounds good STU but I hate diesels. :nowords:
    Take one for a spin - nothing to lose!!
    Stu.... :-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yer I will do, Skoda garage 2 mins down the road, but I've ordered the Civic now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Trouble is with Diesels is that the more powerful they are, the more often you have to change gear - you hit the rev limit really quickly. OK you get better MPG, but the price of Diesel nullifies that anyway. Petrol cars just feel better to drive, no reverse torque, more even power delivery.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't have alot of luck with diesels.... they tend not to run to well on petrol

Thanks
    Karma Level

lmao merc cls500

I had a merc cls500 over night thanks to the dealer thinking im going to order one, i used to take the piss out of sales people in my younger days, havnt done it for years but when i saw the cls i had to drive it, and thats exactly what i did, £40 fuel in 1 day!, gave it death but the funny thing was it was loving it, if you've got £60k to spare i strongly recommend this car.:thumbs