Close

Thread: tutorials

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wanted tutorials

how about a tutorials section where people who are just starting with a new program could request a tutorial for it ? , i know there are some really clever people on here that could put together such things in a more user friendly way than a lot of the original insrtuctions do..

couple i would like to see are ... mame and mirc

maybee people have others ??........ or maybee i am the only thickie on here :|

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean
    the same thing?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: tutorials

I suggested this section some time back but i dont think it went beyond that. Would be a usefull addition to the board, i got bag loads of e-books which could be useful to other members of the board.

we can hope and see

nik

Thanks
    Karma Level

this idea crops up every so often, and it always seems to be the same people that put their name to it as a good idea (me included) but i don't think it's going to happen

there are loads of good tutorials sites out there that cover most topics, which i think has been the argument against each time

something that may get more of a response (which i'm not sure if it's been suggested before) would be to have a tutorials sticky that people could add to, with relelvant tutorials sites, on each of the main forums (web design, photography, xbox etc)

that way the tutorials would all be kept relevant to the forum areas and wouldn't require such an investment on behalf of the admin / mods

just an idea
    I am a loud man with a very large hat. This means I am in charge

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah puting them in the forum sections definitly makes more sense than having one forum for tutorials on every topic

its like sorting all your music files into wmv and mp3, fair enough you know its an mp3 or a wmv you are listening to but you dont know the artist or song, not much help.
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wakadoo
    how about a tutorials section where people who are just starting with a new program could request a tutorial for it ? , i know there are some really clever people on here that could put together such things in a more user friendly way than a lot of the original insrtuctions do..

couple i would like to see are ... mame and mirc

maybe people have others ??........ or maybe i am the only thickie on here :|
    i think this is a great idea and one that i think would be very useful, putting them in the relevant section is OK but what if there is no section for that topic, for example if i needed to know how to change a tap washer where would i post it ??? in the dog and duck maybe but thats not ideal. if we had a tutorial section we could put sub-sections inside it for example car manuals, diy, PC, website creation, phone repairs, etc then you could go to the relevant section and search for the topic you require then you wouldn't have to filter out as many irrelevant search results. personally i would like to see it happen but of course thats only my opinion.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]