Close

Thread: House of Wax

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default House of Wax

Dont waste your money going to the cinema to watch this. Seriously, its the biggest pile of wank ever. Paris Hilton did bugger all acting in it, the best part of the film is when she strips a little ... down to her underwear (which I might add is great lmao). Other then that the films crap.

I give it 5/10 and thats being generous.
    Last edited by Mule; 31st January 2007 at 01:43 PM.
    CONTACT

My liver is evil and must be punished!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: [2005] House of Wax

The first i saw this film i was falling asleep for the first 45 minutes then after that it starts to pickup, i havent seen the original film but this one i enjoyed near the end of the film

7/10

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I know I know, sounds more like a movie you'd find in Elton John's collection, alhthough it's not, it's a remake of the 1953 movie.

Watched this yesterday, the cast sucks (Paris Hilton ) except of course for Elisha Cuthbert
    Not much to be said about it really, it doesn't differ that much from what this type of genre has already shown, e.g. Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

A bunch of young people are on a roadtrip, they decide to camp in the woods, and then things just escalate as they usually do, with teethless weird chewing tobacco spitting characters.

When you see this movie, you won't be scared, the only thing which might make your stomach turn are the death scenes, as they are extremely graphic, and I do mean extremely. So if you are into that sort of stuff, then watch this.

Not even the very end "twister" surprises you, as you would have already guessed it.

I believe this movie will go down well for people who are too young to see it in the first place.

2/10 just for the effects.
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Could someone shed some light on the hillbilly guy in the truck at the end. Was he the one that guided all the 'visitors' to the town so they could get a good waxing.

The plot was the most unrealsitic i have ever seen, a whole town that had been killed and turned to wax including visitors, how the hell didnt anybody get reported missing and the local police not even venture into the town at any time. Plus you might have thought the electric board would have become sussed that they were supplying electricity to somewhere and not being paid (unless the two brothers were mega rich)

The bit that really pissed me off was when the boyfriend/girlfriend went into the town and the dude needed the toilet, so off he goes into the blokes house, now instead of going straight to the toilet he slowly walks throught the house inspecting everything, and instead of finishing taking a dump and going back to the truck, he walks into another room being a nosey cnut. At that point i said the the missus WTF is he doing, it was soo stupid and you could tell what was going to hapen next.

The acting is a bit shit, and i was glad to see Paris Hilton get a nice big metal bar through her head (i thought she might have still been alive because theres fuk all inside there anyway). Good for gory bits too that are quite graphical. Also had some great special effects, but apart from that save your money, or go download it, erm legally from somewhere

2/10

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It's a shame this is a shit film, I was fooled by the trailer into thinking at last someone had produced a fucking creepshow...at last! But it would seem that yet again (Cabin Fever, House on The Hill etc) a potential scary horror film turns out to be nothing more than another crock of bullshit The majority of remakes are disappointing, there is the odd exception.

If they ever try to remake The Shining..it would make Roach-Rampino a bad boy

Thanks
    Karma Level

Another good example of why not to re-make movies of any genre or age. Originality is great and new ideas should be expressed freely in cinema. I watched this today as I was bored 5hitless waiting for SSX to download.

2/10 - 1 point each for Paris and Elisha munching fanny during filming breaks. Or did I just make that up??? :|