Close

Thread: Diets...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Diets...

Hi guys,

Starting up training again as havent done it for a while..

looking for some decent diets that average joe an afford... as everything I see lately in magazines, I would have to sell my car for a days intake...

Also know that some say to eat less but more frequently.. but what small meals can you eat.. I know it sounds stupid but this is the place to ask...

Looking for a 5 day diet..

cheers in advance guys!
    Last edited by daz73; 24th May 2005 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Diets...

Well, really it's up to you as an individual as to what you want to eat mate... but as a kind of "when" to eat rule I go with..

up about 7 (and if i can be arsed 20 minute run)
    brekky about 8/8:30 - toast (wholemeal) or muesli (none sugar one) and fruit juice - fresh if ya can.
    bout 10:30 have a piece of fruit, i normally have a bana and an apple.
    lunch about 1ish - salad / jacket potato with tuna / anything like that, grilled chicken, generally healthy meals
    4pmish - more fruit, or you aint really into it, keep a bag of mixed unsalted nuts next to you - great to nibble on
    evenin meal about 6:30 ish - healthy again, salad, lean meat, or things like that - wholemeal pasta etc etc
    if i'm pekkish later on then i'll have more fruit, or nuts or a small bowl of muesli or seomthing just to tide me over.

Doing that keeps your metablic rate going over the course of the day, and you keep your protein intake up with nuts etc and lean meats. Naturally every day is slightly different otherwise it'd be boring but that's the kinda pattern. On training days I'll take in more carbs (football I'm talking here, not weights) and when I'm doing more CV work I'll drink sports drinks for the Isotonics.

With regards to eating a healthy diet, it doesn't need to be expensive, plenty of fruit and veg, unrefined carbs (so wholemeal bread and pasta instead of white) and that kind stuff, lean meat like chicken etc, and fish. You should be able to make up a few things to keep you happy in a week - and there's loads of healthy recipes on the net if you get bored with certain foods he he.

That should see you okay for a bit - and you only need to worry about main meals like lunch and your evening meal - if you can plan what you're gonna have each day for those 2 (just make it up) you're sorted. Then switch em about a bit.

Hope it helps, if I find the webbys with recipes and shit on I'll stick em in here for ya.

Thanks
    Karma Level

good meal plan from minge

also http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/forumid_59/tt.htm is a great forum to look at, this is the Nutrition section but there's also many other sections, this one is just great becuase there are a lot of food suggestions on there which can be great if u are feeling a bit uninspired or bored of eating tuna pasta 5 times a day
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nice link Shang - thanks mate