Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help booting help please

Hi,
    just spent an evening installing and then flashing a viper chip too cobra 1.2. it boots up fine in to the main menu so i pressume its all been done correct.
    here i have 2 types of media datawrite red top and budget yellowtop. ive tried burning several iso's on to them at different speeds and all i get is the same responce on the cube, they spin for a bit i hear the laser moving back and forth and then there is a beep and the disc stops and the gamecube goes to the regular mem/claeder/game boot screen.
    burned them both at 1x 2x and 4x...cant think of anything else i can do.

any help would be appreciated. its an american gc if that makes any difference...and if its the media could u please tell me which ones to get and where from
    thanks once again lads
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: booting help please

hey mate.

i'd give some full sized ritek's or equilavent a try, then you can determin what condition your laser is in and if it needs a play with.

i used budget mini's and they were not too hot. Some games worked fine and some not at all. it can be down to the image but if you're getting them from a good source then they should be fine.

full sized discs are a good thing to try tho, and i use ritek g04's for all games and some are on datawrite titanium and they all boot 100% and now never dre at all

good luck

Thanks
    Karma Level

UPDATE:

managed to get a ame burned at 2x with red datawrite to bootup but at the menu screen it sas the game cant be played please check the manual. is it the media or the laser???
    im using nero to burn the files should i use somthing else???? the files i get are gcm files from newzbin which i was told to change to .iso files is this the right way of doing it?
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

sounds like u have good ISO's so I would definatly give some different media a try. The media you are trying is known to work but with varying results. Trying the best quality full sized discs should give you a good idea of what's wrong. If you can't get any or wanna just go for the laser you'll wanna just keep taking it down in increments of about 5, 10 or 20 and see how that affects it. I wouldn't go below 80 either but the end result should be more like 100-200 or maybe much higher. Mine is on 420 and it's bearely been tweaked at all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol, using the melt a pen technique to open the cube i have managed to melt a pen in to the slt where the screw goes....now having removed 3 screws i have a semi melted half pen stuck in the hole where the 4th screw is its shattered and now im fairly buggered. might have to drill the bugger out! how the promising signs have gone tits up!
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tbops
    lol, using the melt a pen technique to open the cube i have managed to melt a pen in to the slt where the screw goes....now having removed 3 screws i have a semi melted half pen stuck in the hole where the 4th screw is its shattered and now im fairly buggered. might have to drill the bugger out! how the promising signs have gone tits up!
    i feel for you mate I did exactly the same thing.

see you in a few hours

Thanks
    Karma Level

right ive left it ....i only seem to be doin more damage! i think i need to look for a replacement gamcube case! the plastic has merged with the gamcube plastic and i cant tell the diff between the 2 its so bad i cant even see the screw, the only way to sort this is to bust the bottom bit of the case...stupid biro trick.
    any advice about where to bust it?
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

seriously i did have the same problem and I sat there and scraped and scraped for a few long hours untill it was scraped so much I had scraped the entire thread away and it all came apart.

parience is a virtue or something like that.

also check a post in the 512MB memory card thread in the PSP/DS section, vogapol posted something in there for you (wrong place)

Thanks
    Karma Level

thread....hehehe...i havent managed to get the screw out yet! ill have to scrape away the plastic from the sidesand then carry on!hurry up team executer with your complete replacment cases...you cant buy the bottom sides on there own i looked online
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

well the way I was scraping it out it just sorta losened the whole hole open. when it came apart it was as if it was nailed it, not screwed. Either way it did the job, the thing came apart and I rejoiced.

it was a bitch and a half having to scrape (with various tools, screwdriver was the best though) and having to tap out the tinest pieces of plastic and then keep going. I even melted in new pens in the hope to take it all out in one go..all that did was put me back and mean I had to scrape out even more.

at least you get to watch richard and judy while you do it?

also waiting on a teamxecuter's case, I hope it's gonna be ready soon my topless GC must be getting a bit mashed being so exposed in my house

Thanks
    Karma Level

hoi hoi!!

got mario tenis working! using a samurai red infiniti disc and the case off...im starting to go thru the whle gc library now try it all!!!
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tbops
    hoi hoi!!

got mario tenis working! using a samurai red infiniti disc and the case off...im starting to go thru the whle gc library now try it all!!!
    how'd you end up getting it off? scrap till u break?

glad it's working out

Thanks
    Karma Level

basicaly my mate had a tool that look like a flat head screw driver but with a dip in the middle it fit the screw perfect, it also tore away all the biro plastic so the case aint too bad just a crack. i got mario tennis and golf working fine....starfox i cant get to work (goes to gamecube menu) and neither can i get metriod 2 to work, (comes up with the retro studio then tells you to read the manual).Is this the actual games not working as yet or is it the pots that need changing, if so what sort of value should they be?
    if so ill go buy a multimeter later on.
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

hey hey! adjusted the pots from 520 to 460 and now everything boots 1st time!!! everything !

i must say this was an easy job...all of it.im usless at this stuff and i did it.
    had to buy a 5 pound multimeter tho
    [live=tbops]tbops[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

nice one. Sounds like you went from quite a high number to a still very safe number. A lot of people have to take thier level's down quite considerably.

glad it's all working now :thumbs