OK My PC is now shagged as it cant boot up even to the BIOS I recently upgraded my memory about 8 days ago and all has been working fine then I had a load of trouble installing Battlefield 2 ..........anyway finally got that sorted, joined a server played for about 5 mins then it froze and crashed with like a loud squeal coming from the PC but it was a sound fromthe speakers nothing unsusual I have had it many times before. So the only way I could get out of it was to reset the system so I did, then it gave me th beepcode for no CPU installed?!?!?!?!? So I reset CMOS and it started giving the beep codes for Memory Error??? SO I took out one stick and it worked so I thought one stick was bad but swapped em round to be sure....it booted again?? Strange so then I put them both back in but not in the dual mode arragement. booted fine again so I came to the conclusion that somehow one of my memory slots namely DIMM3 was fucked. So I put the two sticks in DIMM1 and DIMM2 respectively and it has been working fine again for 48 Hrs. About a couple of hours ago the system crashed again so Im now messing again with the memory slots and arrangements but I am just constatly getting the Memory Error codes.
Obviously the perfect ideawould be to try some other RAM however I hav none that will work. Im on the Lappy at the moment. Thing is I fear that it is not the Memory anyhow, BTW the memory is Crucial Ballistix PC4000 2X512MB and the Mainboard is an
ABIT- IC7-MAX3. Just wondered if anybody has had any similar problems normally I would be able to sort this myself but I thought its worth asking just incase someone knew anything