Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Gina Gough, brainless bint?

Roll over Lineker here is the new face of Walkers Crisps.

When Gina Gough was rushed into hospital in agony, with severe abdominal pains and jaundice, doctors initially suspected hepatitis and put her to an isolation ward.

Gina Gough: ‘My mum used to tell me that all the crisps I ate would make me ill, but I shrugged her off’

In fact, the 22-year-old's condition was the result of a three-year diet that consisted almost entirely of crisps. She was eating up to 15 bags a day and went into hospital weighing 14st.

Her case demonstrates the potential dangers of a junk-food diet and follows last year's controversial film Super Size Me, in which a documentary-maker ate nothing but McDonald's food for a month and monitored the subsequent deterioration in his health. It is likely to renew fears that Britain's younger generation faces unprecedented ill-health and early death due to poor diet.

Miss Gough, a nursery nurse from Cannock in Staffordshire, said: "My mum used to tell me that all the crisps I ate would make me ill, but I shrugged her off because I didn't think anything this bad could happen to me. I could have died."

She developed gallstones up to an inch-and-a-half in diameter, which formed from the excessive amounts of cholesterol in her body. Most gallstone patients are twice Miss Gough's age. When her gall bladder was removed in a four-and-a-half hour operation last autumn, surgeons were shocked to discover that it had filled with stones and swollen to the size of a tennis ball. They said it could have exploded at any time.

Miss Gough has since started to eat low-fat meals and take regular exercise, and she hopes that her story will be a warning to others. She now weighs 12½st.

Her appetite for the snacks developed after she was made redundant in 2000, and began spending her days in front of the television. "I'd start off with a packet of crisps for breakfast, and then I'd have a second packet. I wasn't tempted by any other food. I was depressed after losing my job, but I felt good after eating a packet of crisps," she said.

She put on five stone and she said her personality changed: "My concentration slowed and I felt tired all the time. I was a very happy-go-lucky person before, but I started to get mood swings and I became very snappy."

Miss Gough believes that she was addicted to "highs" generated by the fat and chemical additives in the crisps. In 2003, a study by the Rockefeller University in New York, suggested that biochemical changes caused by large quantities of fat and sugar were comparable to the addictive reactions caused by heroin and coca1ne. Researchers found that snack foods could "reconfigure" the body's hormones to crave more fatty food.

Now Miss Gough is calling on crisp makers to put warning labels on their products. "I didn't listen to my parents, but official labels, telling people to eat crisps in moderation and warning about possible adverse effects on health, would certainly have got me thinking. Children are eating foods such as crisps with no idea about what they could be doing to their bodies."

Dr David Haslam, the chairman of the National Obesity Forum, said that Miss Gough had the worst diet he had ever come across. "She was lucky it was her gall bladder that nearly exploded, and not her heart. Poor eating habits cause obesity and illness. Crisps should be eaten once every couple of weeks - not to the exclusion of everything else."

A spokesman for the Food and Drink Federation, which represents several crisp manufacturers, said: "Eating too much of anything - even fruit - is not a good idea. Snacks and treats can always be enjoyed in moderation.

"The idea of putting health warnings on any food simply isn't justified as it would not help consumers understand how that product can fit into their daily diet."

http://telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jht...03/ixhome.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Gina Gough, brainless bint?

They should put her picture on the packet - that would stop people eating them!
    Me and my fella spit our dummies out so we won't be coming back. ever. boo hoo.

This is a techy / hackers forum not a fu**ing mothers meeting so - peace out.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm confused, surely she would be fat with bad skin, if her diet consisted of gorging on packs of deep fried fat soaked potatoes?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino
    I'm confused, surely she would be fat with bad skin, if her diet consisted of gorging on packs of deep fried fat soaked potatoes?
    Nay Roach. As you can see she is a stunner.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bertroot
    Nay Roach. As you can see she is a stunner.
    I wonder if she's got a fella? :nowords:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino
    I wonder if she's got a fella? :nowords:
    A tree feller maybe :coffee:

Thanks
    Karma Level

stupid fat cow!! what did she think would happen...also shes a nursery nurse...would you be happy leaving your toddler with this plank??
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wow 15 bags aday and only 14 stone, where do I sign up?

Ive been eating pretty healty food since I cut out McD's after watching Super size me last year ok not compleatly cut out I have eaten it 6 times since the chips taste so much better after not eating them for so long. anyway I weigh 15 stone so I would loose weight.

The walkers diet.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Little John
    Wow 15 bags aday and only 14 stone, where do I sign up?

Ive been eating pretty healty food since I cut out McD's after watching Super size me last year ok not compleatly cut out I have eaten it 6 times since the chips taste so much better after not eating them for so long. anyway I weigh 15 stone so I would loose weight.

The walkers diet.
    Chips? Have I mis read this? I thought you said McDonalds... If you do, the similarity between those things they call "french fries" - which in essence are about as near to a potato product as fucking apple pie - and chips, is akin to the similarity between a ham sandwich and a hairy arse.

"Fries" in all these places are just fucking chemicals bundled up in a chip like stick - they're fucking rank, and bear absolutely no resemblance, in neither taste nor texture, to a chip.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Crags
    Chips? Have I mis read this? I thought you said McDonalds... If you do, the similarity between those things they call "french fries" - which in essence are about as near to a potato product as fucking apple pie - and chips, is akin to the similarity between a ham sandwich and a hairy arse.

"Fries" in all these places are just fucking chemicals bundled up in a chip like stick - they're fucking rank, and bear absolutely no resemblance, in neither taste nor texture, to a chip.
    whatever you call them I had some the other weekend befoer the Oasis concert and they tasted pretty good but I wont eat them again for as long as I can.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Crags

But do you like them or not?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tasseltine
    But do you like them or not?
    Ha ha - yeah they're alright lol

Nah I fucking hate em

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd of let the stupid bitch die.
    Wasting the money I pay in NI on treating dumb fucks like this takes the piss.
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

They should have crushed up a packet of crisps and put the contents in a drip bag, and attached that to the bitch.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wont be long before Crisps are took off the shelves along with vitamins because of idiots like this!

Takes one person to spoil it for everyone, selfish fat bint! However if we go out and buy all of the crisps in the shops now, we could make a packet selling them underground once they are banned. All we need is some more idiots to go on the walkers diet to urge the goverment to take the action to ban them.

Whatever next......
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bertroot
    Roll over Lineker here is the new face of Walkers Crisps.
    Now Miss Gough is calling on crisp makers to put warning labels on their products. "I didn't listen to my parents, but official labels, telling people to eat crisps in moderation and warning about possible adverse effects on health, would certainly have got me thinking. Children are eating foods such as crisps with no idea about what they could be doing to their bodies."
    What the fuck! Like this stops people smoking! I'm sure that labels telling you that 'Too many bags of crisps will make stupid people fat' would work a treat love! Get real!

I might eat 1 bag of crisps in a month (seriously I never eat chocolate and crisps are about once a month. I'd rather spend it on beer lol). So 15 bags is more than a years supply for me! If she had done that for a month then it would be nearly 30 years worth of crisp eating for me!
    We all make mistakes sometimes