In general what tools are ther out there, one great thing i came accorss was Directory Lister (google it, great little app/tool). But i woundered what kind o things you lot use for what purposes, wether tidying, sorting, finding (do you use the win search default).

Certain things seem to be well knwon and wide spread, but i am just tryign to gether info so i can make my life easier.

I often take peoples PC's plug them into my network and rebuild, so any sugestions there. At work we have a set up where by when a new PC is plugged in and registered on the network, all software is laoded (office, other apps as well) where can i find such stuff and how too's (in simple terms)

In a couple of months i will be looking to get a few BIG hraddrives. would there be a tool i can tell the PC that say - over my netwrok, explore all HD's and put all .doc, on this HD, in this folder and then the same with other file types. I am looking to reduce the amount of PC's i seem to have gathered.

I woudl liek to aviod using the windows search feature, as when i tried this on a small scale due to the number of .doc's i have it crashed.

Finally (if your still reading) what woudl consitute as a decent bulk buy of HD's i was considering getting around 4 HD's i was considering 400Gb, but i cant seem to find stockists of Weston digital (i have found those most stable) .

Any tips, sugestions, help and gen pointers/advice greatly apprecaited.

Cheers.....Q