Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebuyer AGAIN!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rant Ebuyer AGAIN!!

Fucking muppets!

OK so over the years folks on this forum have slated them. I on the other hand use them all the time and have never had a problem..... UNTIL NOW! Oh and what a big fucking problem it is!!

A mate of mine has asked me to build him a new PC. So went onto Ebuyer and ordered all the bits.

Everything was in stock so I knew I should have no problems. 1 item was in different warehouse (set of speakers which are priudly set on my PC desk and are wroking so far....).

So the rest of the order, 10 items (case, motherboard, chip, ram, dvd burner etc. etc...) was to be delivered by Friday 29th (yesterday). I get it delivered to work so called down to the post room to ask if any deliveries for me. 'yep one box'. Hmmm 1 box?? must be a big fucking box to get all the bits in...

Went down to find it was just the tower? Got on the phone to Ebuyer, asked where the other 9 items are? 'All sent sir and delievered'. Ermm no! I only have the case! I waitied to see if city link had forgot to deliver a box. Nope all sent?

Got back on the phone to Ebuyer, no one had an idea where the other items were? The guy offered me half of my postage costs back! Fucking half! I've had nowt yet! Told me to ring monday to see if it's in, i'm off Monday! So wont be until Tuesday and I said I would have the PC done today!

Anyway last night at 8pm I go an email from Ebuyer. 'Your order has been shipped and will be delivered between 8am and 6pm on Friday the 29th July'. It's 8pm when I receive it! aaarrrggghhh!!

Then I get an email to say one of the items is not in stock! Then I get another to say it will be delivered by 4th August! What the fuck is going on!

OK so I have accepted it wont be until Tuesday I get it now and come Monday i'll be on the phone. Just sat down to look at the PC Tower they sent. Yep looks the part, only cheap but will do the job. WHAT THE FUCK! a big fucking crack down the fornt!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

That is it, no more Ebuyer for me after this!!!!
    We all make mistakes sometimes

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ebuyer AGAIN!!

Indeed. Their before sale service is just as a big pile shit as their after sale service. took em 3 months just to confirm they had recieved the usb memory stick i had to send back, then a further month to say yeh its fucked heres another one.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've just sent them an email (minus the swearing) and i'll be speaking to a manager on Monday!

Wankers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Order thousands of pounds worth of PC components from them each month, never had any serious problems!!

E~Mail Me @: wWw.Tribe2k@GMail.Com

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

no real probs (part from 1 thing going missing then they refunded) which was nice and easy used after that and have bin fine

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

Thanks
    Karma Level

my order I payed extra for it to be delivered by Friday 29th which was yesturday. has it come? has it fúck!
    order status saying invoiced :annoyed:

Thanks
    Karma Level

major fucking prblems when i got a laptop off them, took 3 months of much fucking about (documented on df somewhere) to get them to accept the lappy i bought had a dvd drive that was DOA (hadnt worked, spun up, opened etc since i had it). once trading standards got involved the finally said ok were shit we cant even provide you a replacement were so backed up. heres yer money back.

bought a different laptop from them the next day, arrived, no probs.

they are excellent up until you need to return something.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah i had problems returning stuff about 2 years ago but since then i've had no problem, built two pc's using them. The delivery times are shite now though. I ordered about mid day on last friday (not yesterday) and the standard delivery was supposed to be delivered yesterday. A week for standard delivery...wtf. Even the priority service which costs £20 odd was going to take until wednesday. Hardly priorty if it takes 3 working days and a weekend. And even with the standard delivery it never got delivered, gotta wait until monday now. 10 days for them to stick 2 items in a box and mail them out...bit of a joke really....

Thanks
    Karma Level

So much for their "we're getting better" campaign then?

The Register

By John Oates 21 Jul 2005 06:02

Ebuyer promises to be better

Ebuyer's new marketing boss has been telling El Reg what has changed at the etailer and why it is now taking customer service seriously.

The website offers cheap electronics and computer goods but fast growth led to serious customer service problems earlier this year. Earlier this year it emerged that Sheffield Trading Standards received 282 enquiries about the firm. The situation was not improved by a decision to switch all support to the website and no longer publish a phone number. In April phone support was switched back on.

Helen Slinger, head of marketing at ebuyer, said: "The business has been taken over by a new individual who wants to take the business forward - the onus is on us to build the infrastructure to take it to the next level."

Slinger said customer satisfaction was now much higher, and morale is better in the call centre because staff are dealing with happier customers. The company is making follow-up calls to check customers are satisfied with service received.

Asked if she could promise that the Register would receive no more complaints about ebuyer Slinger was too smart to give such a hostage to fortune.

She said: "I wish I could say that but given the nature of the business it's impossible. We are very conscious that customer satisfaction is the key to repeat business and we want customers buying regularly."®

Thanks
    Karma Level

just out of interest, where do returns go to? is it the Sheffield warehouse?, haven't had a problem yet, but if i get one i shall be dropping off any returned goods at the warehouse.

Every order I make actually travels further away from me before arriving at my house. Should they pick a different day to deliver to me than they said, they actually end up doing nothing but taking my order further away from me for me to collect. Really wish they would allow collections at the warehouse .

Thanks
    Karma Level

to be fair, ive had a few problems in the past with ebuyer, but considering ive had probs with almost every company ive ordered from in some aspect, i think the ratio of good to bad is very...erm..good

goldburg has had a rough time, but the fact hes not at work on monday and the delivery times arnt down to ebuyer, its bad luck/the curriers lameness. im sure they didnt manufacture the cracked case either, and if you want ebuyer to personally check every item they sell before they ship it, its gonna cost more

i do think the enotes thing is terrible, but, u pay peanuts and you get monkeys as they say

out of bout 100 orders, ive had 4 things incorrectly sent, and in 2 of those cases, it was in my favour since i got a free CPU and a motherboard twice as good as the one i ordered

Thanks
    Karma Level

I once paid the extra for priority delivery and it never turned up on the day - e-mailed em sayng that I wouldn't have paid extra if they were just gonna give me the normal service anyway!
    They refunded all my postage which was about 7 quid.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just spoken to them, they reckon it will ALL be delivered today. However the cas eiis a different matter. They said they wont replace it until it has been returned etc...
    I've had to order another case and pay next day delivery charge on it. A £13 case is now costing £30! However 'Natasha' from customer services said she will refund the postage cost when it is invoiced..... I asked her to send it in writing, only to find she has now said that she will refund the 'Surcharge' once invoiced!!

Watch this space!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK the saga goes on.....

As you will see from Yesterday, at 10am I ordered a new case for delivery today. The case was £14 then with 'special delivery' for today 02/08 it came to £30 (I have been told I'll get refunded the postage.......hmm)

So log onto my account and guess what. PICK IN PROGRESS! That is TODAY 02/08!!!!!!!!!

It had better arrive today! But i dont hold much hope!

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK, so called customer services, 'Alison' confirmed that the item HAD NOT BEEN SENT and would be for tomorrow!!!

I asked why give me the option to pay for special next day delivery if they are not going to adhere to it!! I ranted on a bit and she cut me off!!!!

Right back on the phone I go!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Right here we go AGAIN!

Got my initial order finally 3 working days late. Not too impressed how it was packed! DDR Ram was just shot in the box!.

Anyway we'll see if it all works tonight. However 1 item from my order hasnt been sent, it's not on the picking note and no mention of it missing online? WTF!

Back on the phone AGAIN!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Called them twice since last update. Item that is missing they said they need to investigate!! Called abck and got someone with a little bit of sense! Apparently City Link have lost the item, I think Ebuyer are pulling a fast one here, anyway I should recieve the item tomorrow along with the other one that I ordered yesterday for today! Both still at 'Picking stage' i'm not confident of receiving either of them until Friday at this rate!!

I asked about the 'Next Day Delivery' and why offer it if they cant fulfil it, they stated that all orders not met will be refuned for the cost of delivery, again we'll wait and see! But i'm not paying the postage for the £13.99 case that came to £30!

Seriously i've lost the will to live because of these guys!

Moral of the story, if your not in a rush and want 'Free Delivery' goto Ebuyer, order an item with 'Next Day Delivery' pay the extra for it then when you dont get your item for a week call them and they will refund it. Simple but very very stressful!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

God!!

Trying to call Ebuyer this morning to sort out my probelms again, they have now changed the message when holding to:

'Were sorry to keep you waiting, please hold and you will be put through to our next available advisor'

over and over and over in a loop! Very annoying, I think it's a ploy to get people to just hang up as it gives you a massive headache!!! How crafty is that!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Finally got all my bits now, plus refund for postage. Just need the 'damaged' case issue resolving now and were all good

Took a while, they've offered me Free Postage on my next order..... if there will be one....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, im currently listenening to that TWAT repeat that phrase. Its gonna be scarred in my brain...I'm waiting for my graphics card to arrive. Just phoned Shittylink to see where it is. 'Sorry, we dont have any record of that parcel, phone the company....'. This is gonna be fun. Ebuyer said they sent it at 9am yesterday morning....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast