Close

Thread: Gaming PC

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Gaming PC

I want to build a PC to play games on,(battlefield 2). What would be my best bet as to a cpu and motherboard. Is the best route the amd 64? If so can someone recomend a cpu/motherboard bundle plse. Many thanx. Its been 2 years or more since i last upgraded, and so im outta touch with the latest kit.
    TAR seems to be a decent bloke!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Gaming PC

do u want a graphics card aswell if so do u want agp or pci has there are alot of different ways you can take it and if so how much are you looking to spend because i have found a couple of sites and parts you can use

try over clockers dot co dot uk

there are lots of different 64bit bundles on there website but none include graphics card i would recommend going for one of the bundles that include a 3.2ghz or 3.4ghz chip and 512ddr or 1gb has this would be value for money

AMD Athlon 64 3200 Retail / DFI Ultra-D nForce4 Ultra / 1GB Corsair XL PC3200 Dual Channel Kit - Bundle (BU-047-OK)

for only £370 and they always have them in

on the other note are you looking for a full system or just a motherboard,cpu,memory and graphics card change

but how much are you looking to spend
    Last edited by Breamy; 10th August 2005 at 10:40 PM.
    I have stolen money from a DF member and a member of Disqworld. All my personal details including families details are on file and will be made public to everyone if I do not refund the money I stole or send the goods I promised. My name will be ravaged across the net and the consequences will be severe if I do not sort this fucking mess out.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanx for your reply m8. Im looking for exactly what you have decsribed. At the moment i have a nvidia 6600 agp, so do you think i should upgrade that aswell ? Im looking to spend around 400 ish. Cheers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

you should upgrade the graphics card to one of them on over clockers go for a pci express card has they are faster and are much better than the agp cards
    I have stolen money from a DF member and a member of Disqworld. All my personal details including families details are on file and will be made public to everyone if I do not refund the money I stole or send the goods I promised. My name will be ravaged across the net and the consequences will be severe if I do not sort this fucking mess out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

whats the card brand? and is it GT or Ultra
    BF2 is a really demanding game so you'll need a good setup to get the most of it.
    The athlon 64's will be fine for running it and Asus otherboards are a good bet. Personally i'd avoid MSI if you can. They've gone a bit downhill compared to what they used to be

Thanks
    Karma Level

i would recommend going for either 2 of these

XFX GeForce PCX6600 GT 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (PVT43GUDF7) (GX-045-XF)

or

2 of these

XFX GeForce PCX6600 GT Extreme Gamers Edition 128MB DDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (PVT43GNDD7) (GX-046-XF)

they are both sli compatible which means you can run two of these at once which will help play the games that you want with much more than you want much i would highly recommend the tops ones has i have had no problems running 2 of this card at once and they are both 256ddr

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you already have a 6600GT AGP card, you will see NO benefit at all by upgrading it to a PCI-E version of the same thing, as there is no appreciable performance difference 'yet' between the 2 standards. The only advantage you will have is for the future implimentation of SLI, ie buy one PCI-E card now, and another later on one when you can afford it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

K, thanx guys.