Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky Multiroom

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Sky Multiroom

Whats to stop me getting a sky multiroom extra subscription, activating the card with the same phoneline when the card comes, then giving it to my son to take to university and not plug into a phone line?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sky Multiroom

Quote Originally Posted by bridgstfer
    Whats to stop me getting a sky multiroom extra subscription, activating the card with the same phoneline when the card comes, then giving it to my son to take to university and not plug into a phone line?
    The fact that its not plugged into the same phone line they can and do check.

Youll end up paying the extra costs.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

they will cancel your sub if the multiroom box isnt plugged into the foneline (its part of the multiroom contract that it has to be plugged in).

they sent us a letter a couple of months back actually cos the box in my room had been unplugged at some point and they were wanting to cancel the subs unless it was plugged back in asap.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode
    they will cancel your sub if the multiroom box isnt plugged into the foneline (its part of the multiroom contract that it has to be plugged in).

they sent us a letter a couple of months back actually cos the box in my room had been unplugged at some point and they were wanting to cancel the subs unless it was plugged back in asap.

How unlucky! Ours has never been plugged in, not even when the engineer came out. Maybe we've just been lucky, we don't plug it in for no other reason than I can't be bothered running a lead round.
    Me and my fella spit our dummies out so we won't be coming back. ever. boo hoo.

This is a techy / hackers forum not a fu**ing mothers meeting so - peace out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

my multi room box hasn't been plugged in for 7 months.... so they haven't checked me, but i guess if you always pay yer bills then they have no need to check maybe ?
    Losing Gracefully Since September 2010

Thanks
    Karma Level

weird... they sent us a letter like a week or 2 after it had been unplugged, but it could be something to do with boxoffice... eg we may have ordered a movie while it was unplugged. possibly..
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
    i guess if you always pay yer bills then they have no need to check maybe ?
    wtfs that sposed to mean

Thanks
    Karma Level

Always paid by DD and still get sent letters when they dont get a response from one of the boxes. Worst thing of all is that all of them are connected all the time so the only time there is probs is when the box is messing up!? :grr:
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do they check that the 2nd card is actually in the box or is it just the box that need to talkback?

Thanks
    Karma Level

sounds good so loing as you get another dish
    Cheers

Sniper

My Specs
    ---------

x-ray (i wish) :p

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode
    weird... they sent us a letter like a week or 2 after it had been unplugged, but it could be something to do with boxoffice... eg we may have ordered a movie while it was unplugged. possibly..wtfs that sposed to mean

Got a letter after only a week of having sky+ to tell me to get my 2nd box plugged back in.

I was decorating the fookin room, told them this and they said its part of the contract so plug it in or you will be charged double???

Telephone tough guy the fooker was. :annoyed:

We dont order anything over sky+ no movies or nuthin so i think its purely spot checks they carry out.
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM

Thanks
    Karma Level

i think there is a solution to this problem......

As it stands there is a cam (conditonal access module) available called the dragon cam which supports nds which is the encryption system of sky.

If you get an additonal subscription to sky such as multiroom you will need to get it activated to the the reciever which it's "married" to. You will then have to let the card be activated by sky which usually takes 24hrs.

Once this is done you then edit the latest predator file and add the serial number of the reciever which the card is "married" to into the file. When this is done you then program the dragon laoder card with the updated information and then program the dragon module itself using infinity phoneix programmer or the like. After this is completed you will be able to use the card in any reciever with no problems.

In your situation you will need to still keep the sky multiroom box connected to the phone line to keep the contract with sky. However your son will be using the card in a different location.

The sky multiroom card itself may go off at times as it may require updates that sky send over the air. This is not a problem as all you have to do is put the card back into the reciever it is married to and wait for it to update. It will be a problem though if your son lives far away from you...

:thumbs

thanks

Mick
    mick

Thanks
    Karma Level

i have a sky box in my room and never had the fone plugged into it, i got a letter saying if i dont plug it back in the they were gonna charge me £15 a month for the second box instead of £10.

i asked about the talkback check they do and why they needed the fone plugged in, she said its to prove that your still usin the box at the address its registered to, i really dont know if thats true or not thats just what she told me, im forever gettin them letters then i ring em, plug the fone in and let them check, then take it out again
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mickstery
    i think there is a solution to this problem......

As it stands there is a cam (conditonal access module) available called the dragon cam which supports nds which is the encryption system of sky.

If you get an additonal subscription to sky such as multiroom you will need to get it activated to the the reciever which it's "married" to. You will then have to let the card be activated by sky which usually takes 24hrs.

Once this is done you then edit the latest predator file and add the serial number of the reciever which the card is "married" to into the file. When this is done you then program the dragon laoder card with the updated information and then program the dragon module itself using infinity phoneix programmer or the like. After this is completed you will be able to use the card in any reciever with no problems.

In your situation you will need to still keep the sky multiroom box connected to the phone line to keep the contract with sky. However your son will be using the card in a different location.

The sky multiroom card itself may go off at times as it may require updates that sky send over the air. This is not a problem as all you have to do is put the card back into the reciever it is married to and wait for it to update. It will be a problem though if your son lives far away from you...

:thumbs

thanks

Mick
    i think you enter your sky box number (nds number) into the dragon cam via the consultation menu on screen not via a programmer coz ive done it and so has a mate forhis topfield to achieve sky+ style

Thanks
    Karma Level

hi,

yeh stevo thats correct , got my information jumbled up ha ha cheers for correcting me .

:thumbs :thumbs

Thanks

mick
    mick

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got collered on mine a few months ago, Got three letters then they threatened to charge me full subs on it.

Phoned up and cancelled it in the end because i'd ripped the cable out during some decorating.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mickstery
    hi,

yeh stevo thats correct , got my information jumbled up ha ha cheers for correcting me .

:thumbs :thumbs

Thanks

mick
    your welcome

Thanks
    Karma Level

the box will only callback if card is in box
    IF man can make, woman can break.

Ive never met a man, who can earn more than a woman can spend.

Thanks
    Karma Level

this is slightly off topic but after reading this it seemed daft to start a new thread with this is...

i live in a house with lots of people, one of which has sky piped into his room, being the tight arse that i am i dont wanna pay for the sky multiroom as i don't watch enough tv but i'd like to get a sky box just for the FTA channels, can i just buy a box from ebay and plug it into the receiver or is it more complicated than this? do i need to get a FTA card from sky to plug into my box?

thanks in advance
    flamingo

Thanks
    Karma Level

@ flamingo

If you buy a second sky box you will need to buy a FTA card which will cost you £20 from sky. You will also need to connect your reciever to the COAXIL cable which is the wire coming from your sky dish. This is easily done by using a splitter to feed both boxes with the coaxil cable to recieve a signal from the satellite dish.

Thanks

Mick
    mick

Thanks
    Karma Level

that sounds good, cheers for the info mickstery, some people have said some stuff about buying a new lnb (a quad lnb if that makes sense) and then just running a second cable from this lnb to whereever i need, would this be ok or would it be better to do it just splitting the coax cable where it enters the house?

the only reason i ask is cos teh current coax from the dish to the guys room is the opposite end of the house whereas the dish sits nicely just above my window so it could thoeretically cost me less in cable length?

this is sounding good, time to get hold of a sky box and finally get a decent signal in sunny weymouth!

p.s. is ebay still gonna be the cheapest place to get a second hand box?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast