Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Official Xbox 360 Pricing Revealed

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/642/642656p1.html

Microsoft sets price for Xbox 360

Microsoft's Xbox 360 will be in the shops by Christmas

Microsoft's next generation console, the Xbox 360, will cost $299 (£209) when it goes on sale at Christmas.

The company announced the price at the German Games Convention in Leipzig.

A more expensive version costing $399 (£279) will include a 20GB hard drive, wireless controller, headset and remote control.

Microsoft is aiming to launch the Xbox 360 before Sony's PlayStation 3, which is due out in the spring.

Nintendo's next generation console, the Revolution, is also expected to be released in 2006.

Race to be first

The pricing for the Britain, Europe and the US was announced by Microsoft's head of home and entertainment in Europe, Chris Lewis.

The basic Xbox 360, dubbed the Core System, will retail for $299 in the US, 299 euros in Europe and £209 in the UK.

Games for the new wave of consoles promise realistic graphics

The fully loaded console with all the accessories will sell for $399, 399 euros and £279.

The pricing for the key games market of Japan is set to be announced at the Tokyo games fair next month.

"With both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 Core System, we're offering consumers real choice and real value," said Peter Moore, Xbox marketing chief at Microsoft.

Microsoft has yet to give an exact date for the launch of the 360 but it is expected to be out sometime before Christmas.

The software giant is racing to be the first out of the gate with its new machine. Microsoft is looking to take an early lead in the battle to dominate the next generation of consoles. It was a year behind Sony's PlayStation 2 in launching the original Xbox and it never managed to make up the time in sales.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4160076.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Official Xbox 360 Pricing Revealed

Hmm, cheaper than I was expecting
    Leechr will grab your tv-ep nzb's for you :)

Thanks
    Karma Level

added ^^ text:
    GC 2005: Xbox 360 Pricing Revealed
    Microsoft drops the bill at the German Games Convention.
    by Tal Blevins

August 17, 2005 - Today at the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany, Microsoft unveiled the price of their upcoming next-generation system.

The new 'box will come in two flavors, a core and a fully-loaded model, and will carry two separate price points.

The Xbox 360 core system -- priced at $299.99 in the United States, ?299.99 in Europe and £209.99 in the U.K. -- will come with the console, a wired controller, faceplate, standard audio-visual cable and an Xbox Live Silver membership. An Xbox Live Silver membership allows you to create a user id, download game content, access the Xbox 360 marketplace and gives Live users the ability to chat with friends. It does not, however, allow users to play games online. To do this, Silver members must upgrade to a Gold membership.

The Xbox 360 fully-loaded system -- priced at $399.99 in the United States, ?399.99 in Europe and £279.99 in the U.K. -- will come complete with the console, a wireless controller, a 20GB detachable hard drive, a faceplate, headset, component HD audio-visual cables, an Ethernet cable, Xbox Live Silver membership and, for a limited time (most likely only though the end of 2005), an Xbox 360 media remote.

The Xbox 360 will launch in North America, Europe and Japan this holiday season. Expect to hear more about the Japanese launch and pricing at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show, which takes place in mid-September.
    wired controller...skanky!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Peripheral Pricing:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/642/642647p1.html

The Xbox 360 Peripherals
    Microsoft reveals a slew of hardware peripherals, from the HD to headsets, remotes, battery packs, and more.
    by Douglass C. Perry

August 17, 2005 - If you heard Microsoft lost money in its first console attempt, you'll be very interested to see its new strategy going into the next generation.

First, Microsoft today officially announced two price SKUs for the North American and European markets, with a premium SKU selling for $399.99 in the North American market, a 399.99 Euro pricing, and a 279.99 for Great Britain; while the Xbox 360 Core System will MSRP for $299.99 in the U.S, with a corresponding 299.99 euro pricing, with a 209.99 British MSRP.

Second, it revealed plans to enable gamers to upgrade or accessorize their consoles with a gang of peripherals at launch (presumably in November). These include:

Xbox 360 Faceplate (Suggested Retail Price: $19.99 U.S./E19.99/£14.99)

Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB) (Suggested Retail Price: $99.99 U.S./E99.99/£69.99)

Xbox 360 Memory Unit (64 MB) (Suggested Retail Price: $39.99 U.S./E34.99/£22.99)

Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter (Suggested Retail Price: $99.99 U.S./E79.99 /£59.99)

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (Suggested Retail Price: $49.99 U.S./E44.99/£32.99)

Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit (Suggested Retail Price: $19.99 U.S./E19.99/£14.99)

Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack (Suggested Retail Price: $11.99 U.S./E14.99/£9.99)

Xbox 360 Controller (Suggested Retail Price: $39.99 U.S./E34.99/£24.99)

Xbox 360 Headset (Suggested Retail Price: $19.99 U.S./E19.99/£14.99)

Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote (Suggested Retail Price: $29.99 U.S./E29.99/£19.99)

Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable (Suggested Retail Price $39.99 U.S./E29.99/£19.99)

Xbox 360 S-Video AV Cable (US only) Xbox 360 SCART AV Cable (Europe only) (Suggested Retail Price: $29.99 U.S./E24.99/£17.99)

Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable (Suggested Retail Price: $39.99 U.S./E29.99/£19.99)
    You'd better start saving up money now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

£279.99 for all that - bargain. PS3 will be £399.99 without a HDD I would wager!

Ultra238a
    I feel the need, the need for speed. ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree, its a great price.

Normally the next-gen consoles are £300+ at a launch for just the console, you can get the console for just over 200 quid.

Its probably worth paying the extra £70 for the HD, wireless controller, remote control and cables.

Thanks
    Karma Level

MS has kicked SONY's ass again on pricing let the next gen console wars begin

Ian

Thanks
    Karma Level

woot good news

Thanks
    Karma Level

cant wait till this one come out gonna get it the day it does. dont think i will be lossin to much money. ps2 lol was it like 400 or 500 (cant rember now so long ago) on day of realese then fell like a stone two months later. i used to be a ps fanboy all changed now lol cant wait for this one will prob bye ps3 to tho. sony gonna have to lower price in line with xbox cos no one is gonna pay 400-500 for it if u can get the top model xbox for half the price cant w8 to see who comes out tops xbox was a brick i realli like the look of the xbox 360 and tho not alot its smaller than the x brick to lol. dont think ps3 is gonna be as big as every one thinks more in line with ps2 mabe a little bigger. alls going well with the xbox 360 so far looking good

Thanks
    Karma Level

this will bring the price of the PS3 down hopefully, all good for the consumer

the ps2 was 300 on release btw

skel28

YAY pre-ordered my Fully Loaded from Game. hurrah

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ianbarker
    MS has kicked SONY's ass again on pricing let the next gen console wars begin

Ian
    Calm down sony have plenty of time to respond yet

Thanks
    Karma Level

MS will drop the price the day Sony launch PS3. I think £149.99 for the non HDD model which of course will be half the price of the PS3's cheapest potential RRP price point of £299.99. Plus I think the PS3 might also cost more than that anyway. We of course in Europe will be the last to get it also which will also mean we will probably have to wait at least 12 months after the XBOX360 launch before we can get one.

Regardless of if you are a Sony or Microsoft fan boy, Sony are going to have to loose some serious money to compete on price and I'm not sure as a corporation if they can afford it like Microsoft can as the PlayStation business is propping up the rest of the company currently. And don't think if they license Cell technology they will get all the money for that as IBM and Toshiba will want their cut and I bet it will be bigger cuts than Sony.

Interesting times ahead.

Ultra238a
    I feel the need, the need for speed. ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

lets not all get carried away pushing our own opinions as fact, the sales of the xbox1 are still a joke compared to the ps2, fanboys or not, alot of people prefer the ps2 to the xbox, sony managed to beat off segas cheaper and already available dreamcast with its usual bullish sales techniques in hte past, i know its a different situation to this now, but its gonna be a long long time before the playstation brand goes away

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nice price point - thought it would sit around the £250 mark - happy to see it come true. The Best thing about this is a that it will give everyone spare money to buy the PS3 as well when it arrives - I may be xboxs biggest fan but in reality I just like what gives me the best games/media experience and both of these console are going to have some great titles for them.

Nowhere else do you get a situation like the "console wars" - its pretty funny really. Maybe its because poeple only get one console and like to think its (and therefore them) are great that they are so quick to attack or praise a particular system. Not including the strange group of people who hate Microsoft and therefore by proxy all there products (these people are all getting on a bit now - doubt you will meet anyone in there early 20's who has this attitude, its an 1990's "senior" techy thing class war thing) OS2 it sooo much better !! LOL

Also just remember the first set of games released for any console are crap (with one or two flagship titles as an exception).

Ford Mondeo totally roxx, Vauxhall Astra Suxx and is totally over priced !!! hmmm doesnt really work outside of consoles.

Cheers
    Mr "xbox Roolz" Ironman

Thanks
    Karma Level

Actually this is bad news - what we should be asking is....

the HD is not a standard item - therefore games will not be written to use it by default therefore the loading times will be higher and also when all the lovely modding comes along what role will the HD play in all this as the dashboard will not be stored there by default. ?

shame was hoping all 360's woulf have some HD storage. Maybe some games will cache if its present anyway. heres hoping.

Thanks
    Karma Level

its got to have some storage space. what if you don't want or can't afford to buy a hd at the time of release. where will your game saves be kept and your dashboard, Music centre software and stuff???

what’s games will you all be buying on the release day or will be getting.

i'll be going for the fully loaded box, and maybe ghost recon 3
    MY BROADBAND IS LIKE A FERRARI
    BUT FITTED WITH A ROBIN RELIANT ENGINE
    LOOKS GOOD BUT GOES NOWHERE!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by fe_man2000
    Actually this is bad news - what we should be asking is....

the HD is not a standard item - therefore games will not be written to use it by default therefore the loading times will be higher and also when all the lovely modding comes along what role will the HD play in all this as the dashboard will not be stored there by default. ?

shame was hoping all 360's woulf have some HD storage. Maybe some games will cache if its present anyway. heres hoping.
    There's only a few games that actually make use of the xbox's harddisk (blinx comes to mind), the rest use it for caching maps etc. I'd have liked to see it come as standard but if those who buy it without have to deal with slower disk access then no big deal.

The question that comes to my mind and no one NO where seems to have asked it is how does this effect playing xbox 1 games on xbox 2? will only hard disk drive owners get to play.

As for the dash, some of it will be in flash mem, i wouldn't be suprised if every game disk ships with the rest of the dashboard files required, again caching if the hard disk is present.

If you want new levels via downloads of live, the xbox is a must. Still 210 smakers is an awesome price to come into.

And regarding {909} comment of people prefering ps2 to xbox, most people I know who have a ps2 have upgraded to xbox (note the sample set in question is a load of software programmers so don't know how this translates to the kids on the street lol).

Thanks
    Karma Level

I did hear that PS3 will be more than Xbox 360, however this will be recouped from game sales.

Xbox 360 games are set to cost more than PS3 to cover the low price of the unit. But time will tell, Why would you pay £40 for a game on one when you can get it for £30 on the other. But then again which console are you going to buy, the £250 one or the £350 one?

Their not exact prices but you see what I mean. It's a toughy! Would have to be the Xbox for me if I had to choose between the 2, but I have the luxury of been a Nintendo fan, so by the time the Rev surfaces Xbox or PS3 will show which one is worth buying, plus the priceing will have levelled off. Then I will see which 2nd console I want if the like of Resi-Evil 5 are exclusive to one of them.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

i presume there will be either a few meg of flash memory onboard for the dash, that wouldnt be a problem, backwards compatabilty would only be poss with the HD equiped machine tho, that was mentioned ages ago as emu updates will be kept in the HD

mysterym: the same applies to me too, alot of people i know either never got a ps2 or just got an xbox from the start, but thats becasue everyone i know comes to me since i chip them, the vast majority of customers, and the ones that keep MS and sony afloat, dont buy their console to chip it and run free games, they buy games from the shops and thats what make up the sales figures. the sales of the consoles is where sony whips ms ass and thats exactly why ms are rushing out their cheapo 360

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast