Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Yobs - A rant...

Right I have to vent some anger somehow, and unlike the type of people I am going to rant about I will not be kicking off with some innocent member of the public and film the attack on my mobile phone...

I have just had a break at work, where I sat down and had a nice cuppa and read the paper. OK, so not a real newspaper as it was the Sun (Easy reading in the morning!), still a paper it was and there were numerous articals in it that annoyed me.

I earlier had read in the D&D about a baby getting punched in the head, and posted my thoughts on that. This was one such artical covered in the paper. I also read about a small group of teens in a quiet chesire market town pointing a BB gun at terrified shoppers. FFS!!!

On wednesday night I had been out fixing a friends PC and came home late ish, about 10pm. Thought, as I hadn't eaten much, I would order a pizza. So on to dominos.co.uk I went and ordered one. I then called my GF for 20 mins or so, and waited patiently for my late supper. About 10:40 it hadn't arrived so I called them. The bloke said "Sorry, I tried to call you but your phone was engaged." Fair enough I thought... "We will not be delivering to your road anymore.", "WHAT?! Why not?", "Because, sir, one of my drivers was delivering to a place a little down your road, when on returning to the shop, got knocked of his bike by a group of thugs who then kicked the crap out of him, stole £30 odd in cash, and nicked his bike!", "FFS, I'll come and get the thing then..." I was angry but not at all with the shop guy, just annoyed that things had come to me going out to get a pizza at nearly 11pm at night, and why... because of some thug wankers mooching the streets.

Previously the week before, I heard of a teenage girl having her phone taken off her by 2 blokes at a bus stop on a main road in the middle of the day. She then followed them a little up my road and into a small block of flats trying to retrieve the phone. She was then dragged into the communial area of the flat stairwell and raped. One guy raping her and the other filming the rape on HER phone.

Now this makes you think I live in a right crap area. Admittedly it is London, but this is no way Brixton, Hackney or Harrlesden (No offence to people in those areas...). In fact my area is quite nice, and things like this hardly ever occur here.

Someone said before, yeah well these things happen, but on your doorstep (Well not mine as such, but down the road I live on...) it really makes you think.

The clincher in all of this, if you tried to intervine in such an event as any of the above two things could happen.

1) You get yourself beaten up or your home smashed up either at the time or when the little shits come back with their tools and mates. Or...

2) You save the day and kick the crap out of them, then get done yourself for GBH. Or maybe get them arrested, with a possibility of 1) happening later... and of couse the little buggers getting let off for being, well... kids. (Maybe)

Really makes you wonder what this bloody country is coming to and when it will all stop if ever.

Just when you think, how can things get any worse, some other shocking event takes place.

I thank you for reading...

Gonna breath deep and chill for a bit I think...

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Yobs - A rant...

Fortunatly i live i a very quiet village where nothing major has happened for a long time but it's still frightening really when i think what it could be like when i'm a pensioner and what these scumbags kids and grandkids are going to be like, it's getting worse everyday let alone in 40yrs or so time, something really has to be done and i for one would welcome back national service, or (this might be stretching the imagination too far) create another "van diemans land".
    Last edited by schematic; 26th August 2005 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

my god wtf do you live??? bet its near or around ealing

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hopefully one day, some political party will wake up and smell the coffee and finally realise they need to lay down some serious penalties to the likes of the thugs and scrotes we have roaming our streets harrassing honest, hard working people instead of sucking up to do-gooder 'psychologists/councillors' with all their shit about a gently gently approach and community orders or abso's. Them sort of idea's have been tried and made no difference. If anything, it tells the shits of society they have nothing to worry about the consequences of their actions even if they do get caught. I guess if things don't change sooner rather than later, then more and more people are going to take the law into their own hands, even if it means they are the ones getting punished for it by the so called 'law' of this land.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have to agree with all that has been said. I can't believe that this goverment has allowed this monster to grow into what it is today.

People having the shit kicked out of them and even killed by groups of brainless teenagers for no reason at all. :grr:

Having two very youngs sons this is a real worry for me as they get older if things have not changed, although they are very young at the mo so hopefully things will have changed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I live in Central London, and yesterday as I was walking up the stairs (lift broke) to my flat, I caught a bloke having a piss on the stairs.

I looked at him and he said 'yeah, boss, whats the problem??'.

I said I dont like scum pissing in the block that I live in, and he said what you going to do about it?

I replied 'there's not a lot I can do about it now you Scum Kunt', and continued up the stairs.

When I got in I told my GF and said it was just another crack / smack head that you get hanging around here as there are a few dealers in my estate. They go begging on the tubes or the West End, and sell there methadone on to buy the real stuff.

About half an hour later we decided too take my 2 year old son down to a small park nearby for a kick about. We walked down the stairs and I was in front and got down probably half a minute before my GF and Son.

When I got to the bottom I was kicking the ball up against the wall and the scab from earlier came past with a mate. He walked passed giving me the eyes and I would not look away. He then turned back towards me and pulled out a fecking huge bunch of keys on a chain and said 'come on then big man'.

I told him to f off and that I wasn't going to do anything in front of my Son, who had just come to the bottom of the stairs. His mate pulled him back and we walked on.

Later that night I was fuming, and I went out looking for him, I was raging. I did not find him.

Now thinking about it today, I have 2 options, either rip the waster to bits, or ignore him.

Both carry risks, I could do him and get knicked, he may have aids and could be a chance of infection. Or, if I don nothing, I could live under threat of him attacking me from behind, smashing my car or whatever.

The first option is more apealling and would definately be more satisfying!

I phoned the local police station to report it and they want me to come in and report it,but I thought it was wise just to let them know incase anything was to happen.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i work nights and sometimes i get groups of about 8-11 lads(chavs) hanging about, which is pretty norm nowadays right? but to my suprise i come home at 6am there still hanging about! its like wtf some of these kid are no older than 12-13!! it makes me wonder what the parents are doing. man i mean they dont seem to worry about them. out of sight out of mind i think.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What topping's did you have on the pizza?.
    I'm hungry now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol, what a first post! i know how you all feel, i think something needs to be done, if these "kids" act and start on adults they need punishing like adults. I have done some silly stuff, but none ever hurt or scared anyone.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes mate, it's a disgrace.

I'm 21 and I wasn't no angel when I was younger but my parents showed me to respect others and I did as they told and even my mates did (neds at the time)...for instance we'd have a laugh walk about with a bottle of buckie or md20/20 but we'd never go kick the shit out an innocent person and if we saw someone beating an innocent person we'd stop and help them.. the point is I'm trying to make is that not all groups of young people are bad as everyone makes out.

For instance someone drove past me house about 6 weeks ago with a paintball gun and shot my windows and my car I got out and there was this group of lads who I thought it was and I went out with a small baseball bat to teach them a lesson thinking it was them when my suprise they told me it was boys in a mini metro and they had their reggie plate. They told me it and I says great lads, thanks very much and they even offered to wash my car for me - how courteous I thought. Anyway 2 mins later that car came down and those boys gave it a good smacking about.

The moral...don't judge the book until you've read the first chapter!

Tam.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jpk
    What topping's did you have on the pizza?.
    I'm hungry now.
    It was a "Jamaican Bombastic"...

Chicken, Pineapple, Banana Peppers, Green Peppers, Sweetcorn and Domino's Herbs.

It wasn't that great... ;-)

DJ OD