Close

Termy

Default Where Do I start ??

I am new to the world of satellite so go easy on me,,, lol.

I have just aquired a Technomate TM5500CIP Plus reciever, but have nothing else. I would like to go motorised. But where do I start.

Do I need to buy any CAMS, cards etc ?? What encryptions do I need to know about ?? What would be the best budget motor and dish to buy.

As I say I know nothing about this, so as much advice as possible would be great.

Many thanx for ANY help,,, lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Where Do I start ??

i know nothing of this box but i'm pretty sure it can be patched but if you fook it it will cost you! so what i would do i would buy a dragon cam for it about £70\£80. you will then need a dish and motor\lnb and brackets to hold it up (you will probly have to pay to have it setup correct if you cant do it yourself) i can get that sorted for you as i know a installer. i think a 0.3lnb £13\14 or thereabouts don't know the cost of a dish (about £40?) 1meter would do ya.
    motors are pretty cheap now get somthing like a @SAT diseq there pretty easy to use

Termy

Thanx for the info m8. I am waiting to hear about an 80cm dish with motor. I also have an LNB too

But the info about the dragon cam is very interesting. I shall seek a price on one.

After a bit of reading and the info you have just given, the thing I need to find out now is the encryption and cards needed for this.

I will let you know about installation if I need it doing though.

Many thanx m8.

Thanks
    Karma Level

you wont need a card with a dragon cam! unless you want a art sport sub? then just buy a card and dragon will work it

80cm? not a good choice m8 buy a bigger new one and a new motor.

Termy

Ok m8, I will have a look around then.

Thanx for the advice m8. :thumbs :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

also do a google searc on the reciever model and other satellite forums coz it can be patched so no cam is needed for some channels!

Termy

Quote Originally Posted by stevo25
    also do a google searc on the reciever model and other satellite forums coz it can be patched so no cam is needed for some channels!
    Thanx for that m8. I dont know if I am correct, but the patch is not for the "Plus" version of this reciever though ??

Rather than run the risk of doing something wrong I will just buy the Dragon Cam as they are only £80 and "Package includes Loader Card And FREE INXTC +X PLUS Sim Card 9 Months" and I should get a bit of a discount as they are the site sponsor of a forum that I am Admin on,,, lol.

**EDIT**

I have also been told that I can use a season interface too, which is a fraction of the price of the dragon,,, lol.

I have also been told that I would get away with the 80cm dish for now as I am not too bothered about getting all the hannels available to this reciever. So as I am just starting out I think I will go for the season interface and 80cm dish as I can always upgrade as I get into it more.

Many thanx for all the info the peeps above have given me, and will certainly bear the ideas in mind for future reference. :thumbs :thumbs
    Last edited by Termy; 7th September 2005 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

don't go for the season card m8 its a pain and deffo get a 1m dish. if you get a 80 and then decide to change cos you want better reception its more money to lay out!

believe me you will want more stuff as time go's by as it makes life that little bit easyer

Thanks
    Karma Level

i have an echostar3000ip with a 1.2m dish and im happy with my dragon cam you will also need a progarmmer for the loader card

Termy

Quote Originally Posted by stevo25
    i have an echostar3000ip with a 1.2m dish and im happy with my dragon cam you will also need a progarmmer for the loader card
    Yrah I have a USB Infinity and a Dynamite programmers m8.

I dont think I could really go above the 1m dish due to the neighbours,,, lol.

As I say I am just starting out so dont need all the channels, and I am also on a tight-ish budget at the moment. But upgrasing the dish at a later date wont be a problem. I am also not too bothered about what channels they are, I only want to get the system up and running so I can get my head around the positioning of the dish, programming and what is where etc.

And it looks like the dragon cam looks favourite too.

Many thanx for all the input though,,, and info will be put to good use,,,, eventually,,, lol.

**EDIT**

Just sorted a Dragon Cam out, so I am now cooking on gas,,, lol.
    Last edited by Termy; 8th September 2005 at 11:19 PM.