Close

Thread: psp uk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default psp uk

can u put games onto memory stick and play them on uk psp just bought 1 today for my sons birthday and udm disk where do u get them from

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: psp uk

not possible at the mo

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok its seems i need to fork out for the originals then boo hooo cheers for the reply anyway m8

Thanks
    Karma Level

check your firmware version under system settings. if it's higher than 1.5 then you're fudged
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

hoe do u get to system settings m8 told u i was stupid

Thanks
    Karma Level

got it m8 its 1.52 take it its a no go for me then

Thanks
    Karma Level

I assume this downgrader that is now available means that UK machines can now play ISO games? I',m going to get one but only if this is now the case. Thanks in advance.
    360 ID: Symate

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by simonhodge
    I assume this downgrader that is now available means that UK machines can now play ISO games? I',m going to get one but only if this is now the case. Thanks in advance.

yes...
    TAR seems to be a decent bloke!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TAR
    yes...
    i thought it did but wanted to be sure, thanks for replying
    360 ID: Symate

Thanks
    Karma Level

YOU MUST BE RUNNING VERSION 2.0 IN ORDER TO USE THE DOWNGRADER. UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE TO THE LATEST VERSION BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS

1. Start your PSP and activate a USB connection

2. From your PC, open up the PSP in your Windows Explorer and remove any copies of h.bin from the root folder of your PSP. (That is NOT in any directory on the memory stick)

3. Navigate to the PSP/PHOTO folder on your PC and delete any instances of pong.tif, overflow.tif, frame_buffer.png or any other file which you have used for any 2.0 exploits.

4. Extract the overflow.tif file from the MPHDowngrader.zip file and put it into your PSP/PHOTO folder on the memory stick.

5. Extract the h.bin and index.dat files from the MPHDowngrader.zip file and put these into the root of your memory stick. (Please note that this is x:\ [where x: is the drive letter your psp is assigned when using a USB connection] and NOT x:\PSP\ <- VERY IMPORTANT)

6. Extract the EBOOT.PBP file from the other MPH zip file and put that into a folder on your memory stick under PSP\GAME\UPDATE (you will need to create the UPDATE folder if it doesnt already exist)

So far we should have the following files on the memory stick

Code:
    root
    |
    |- h.bin
    |- index.dat
    |
    |-PSP
    |
    |-GAME
    | |
    | |-UPDATE
    | |-EBOOT.PBP
    |
    |-PHOTO
    |-overflow.tif
    7. Press Circle on your PSP to exit USB mode and then navigate to the Photos section from the menu on the psp.

8. Press X to open up the photo's section and then the screen will turn black and some numbers and letters (hex addresses) will appear on the screen - this is normal so dont panic. You should see the memory stick flash for a few seconds as well.

9. Once all memory stick activity has finished, shut down your PSP by holding down the power. You may need to hold this for up to 15 seconds to shut off the PSP

10. Start up your PSP and activate USB mode

11. If you check the root folder on your PSP you should have a few new files and a file called index.dat.bak - If you do not have index.dat.bak - go back to step 1 and start again as you've done something wrong

12. If the file exists then press circle to exit USB mode and then navigate to the Game menu on the PSP and scroll down to Memory Stick. Press X and then you should see the PSP Firmware Update 1.5 listed in there. Press X again to launch it.

13. When the update appears follow the instructions on the update to start the process. You will see a percentage bar appear which will get to 99%

14. An error message WILL appear saying the update has failed and to contact Sony Support. This is normal so dont panic.

15. Power down the PSP by holding down the power switch for up to 15 seconds. Once the PSP has shut down, start it up again.

16. A message will appear on the screen claiming that the system settings have been corrupted. Press the circle button "O" in order to create new settings.

17. The PSP will reboot itself and start up again. You will need to enter your Time Zone and name again. Once you've done this, welcome to your happy new 1.5 PSP!

Thanks
    Karma Level

so theoretically could a UK PSP play us or jap games from memorystick?

Thanks
    Karma Level

once downgraded uk psp's will play games from any region by using fastloader 0.7.

i have been playing mainly snes and super mario allstars lol

Social Networking Bookmarks