Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Tarantino Update

For those of you that are interested....

Tarantino discusses 'Grind House' and 'Kill Bill Vol. 3'
    Plus he reveals details about 'Inglorious Bastards', 'Vega Brothers' and 'Sin City 2'.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 21 2005

Will the Bride return again? Quentin Tarantino has spilled the beans about his upcoming slate, including details of 'Grind House', the double-feature that he is making with long-time collaborator Robert Rodriguez.

Speaking to MTV News, Tarantino explained: 'His [Rodriguez'] movie is called 'Planet Terror' and mine is called 'Death Proof'. Mine is sort of a slasher film, but instead of a knife, it's a car.

'He's dealing with zombies and all that stuff. I think his might end up being more violent, but I'm not finished with my [script] yet, so you never know.'

Tarantino also shed some light on the fake trailers for the non-existent movies that will form part of the 'Grind House' package.

'That's one of the things we're looking the most forward to, shooting the phoney trailers that will play in-between the movies. I'm working on my blaxploitation trailer, and possibly a kung fu trailer, a sexploitation trailer, a spaghetti western trailer... I just need to kind of work them out a little bit.'

To read our original story about 'Grind House', click here.

Tarantino also spoke about several other projects in the works, including World War II epic 'Inglorious Bastards', that will probably shoot when 'Grind House' wraps, and 'Kill Bill III', which he would consider making in 10 years time, when actress Perla Haney-Jardine (who plays the Bride's daughter) has grown up.

'Vega Brothers', the long-mooted project that unites Michael Madsen's Vic Vega (from 'Reservoir Dogs') and John Travolta's Vincent Vega (from 'Pulp Fiction') could also yet reach the screen if Tarantino has time, and he will also make himself available for 'Sin City 2' should Rodriguez and writer Frank Miller want him to shoot a portion of the film.
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Tarantino Update

The Vega Brothers would be interesting but the rest of it sounds gash. The Kill Bill films were ordinary. The first one was alright but the second was just boring. He did a cracking job on Jackie Brown so why doesn't he go back to Elmore Leonard or other quality source material instead of constantly trying to out film-geek everybody else on the planet. Grindhouse films? Do me a favour.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Kill bill 1 & 2 were fantastic. Vega brothers will be a laugh and I enjoyed Sin City.

It sound sto me like he has all of these movies planned for the last 10 years! clever man...
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WalterPill
    The Vega Brothers would be interesting but the rest of it sounds gash. The Kill Bill films were ordinary. The first one was alright but the second was just boring. He did a cracking job on Jackie Brown so why doesn't he go back to Elmore Leonard or other quality source material instead of constantly trying to out film-geek everybody else on the planet. Grindhouse films? Do me a favour.
    i have to agree

Thanks
    Karma Level

tarantino's day has come and, it would appear, gone

Thanks
    Karma Level

i loved kill bill, both of them for different reasons, i do have doubts about a few of his future projects, but the idea of him making a kung fu flick made me want to vomit violently untill i saw it

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Kill Bill one was very good, Kill Bill 2 was weak (too weak). Reservoir Dogs was clever (but what do you expect from Tarantino!) and Jackie Brown was fantastic. Although he only starred Natural Born Killers was pretty good (fcukin brutal!) but the all time best film ever made has to be Pulp Fiction. A lot of people say that to be part of the masses who say it but it had everything and the cast couldn't have been better! Also the plot holes are exceptional and you learn something new each time you see it. For example when it was released no-one knew what was in the case nor why Marseillus has the plaster on the back of his head.

Kill Bill 3 will probs be shite as it will be the girl going for Uma, can't see a good story there. Vega bros would be wicked. Oh yeah, Sin City was pretty damn good, it's good how they copied exact frames from the comic rather than improvising it all like most comic remakes that flop.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pulp Fiction was easily his best work, the script was really strong and the cast was perfect, the return of Travolta and Willis at the time was a bit of a gamble which really paid off. Never really enjoyed Jackie Brown. I would love to see the vega brothers much more than Kill Bill 3 (2 was lame beyond belief comparred to the first).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tarantino has made some gr8 flicks but why oh why does he collaborate with Robert Rodriguez? The guy has made one good film (Dusk till Dawn) everything else he has done (inc Sin City) was utter cliche`d crap..and dont even get me started on Spy Kids etc..