Close

Thread: Advertising????

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Advertising????

Are MS planning to advertise in the run up to christmas? I am a little surprised that I haven't seen a TV advert yet? Have I missed them? Seems a bit of a poor show, do they want to sell these or what?

I have got one on order, but only because I have gone out of my way to find out about the new system. I had no idea about the new features until I looked- (Mp3 and digital camera connectivity) Does this mean that a Usb memory stick would serve for savegames?

ABCMan

Default Re: Advertising????

do m$ need to advertise them in the run up to xmas? surely they are going to sell out from the hype alone without needing to spend money yet.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looks like microsoft maybe using more back handed tatics rather than advertising

Gizmodo’s new Norwegian correspondent SilverSnake sends shocking—shocking!—news about Microsoft’s Xbox 360 retail marketing demands. Retailers in the land of King Herald V are each being alloted a supply of 20 consoles, 6 core editions and 14 premium versions. But there is a catch: In order to get all of them, each shop or chain has to sign an agreement saying that they will sell out of all 20 consoles on the release date (which is December 2 over there). On top of that, the retailers must agree to sell a minimum of 2 games per console.

“Microsoft Norway even said them selves that they’re gonna use the ‘Sold Out’ as a marketing strategy to hype the console.”
    Although the exact numbers are no doubt different for American and European retailers, similar tales of this Microsoft marketing/strong-arm strategy are likely to hold fast around the globe. I’ve been hearing rumors that the Xbox 360 will only be available in bundles with a set number of games when it goes on sale here. This tactic is not new—I’m pretty sure Sony will do the same thing when it launches the PS3 too. And there is nothing like a sell-out to generate publicity (even if it requires slowing the production line to ensure a shortage)

Thanks
    Karma Level

perhaps thats the reason behind argos' pre-order stance of only offering console+2games for both core and premium packs

Thanks
    Karma Level

would make sense. targets to hit and that