Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Can I use my existing DISH with any other box

I have my sky digibox pointing to 28.5" east.

can I use my existing dish and watch anything else

According to http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/sssat05.htm , :

Hardcore Channels on the Sky Digital Satellite
    Two 24 hour hardcore satellite channels are now transmitting from EuroBird at 28.5 degrees. This is the same satellite as used by Sky Digital so Sky viewers can receive it without a change to their dish. Unfortunately it uses a different encryption system so needs a new European receiver that has a slot for a Cam (PC card reader). One would then need to purchase a Transglobal Cam (Usually about £70 and a viewing card as priced below). I think most receivers can be daisy chained together but I am not sure on the details of doing that. Perhaps a reader can help out with the details of a dual receiver setup.

Both channels are available Eurobird 12.511 GHz vertical and are encrypted in DreamCrypt (Which may be decoded by a Transglobal Cam. The annual subscription cost is 89 Euro and that will decode both channels.

In addition there is a softcore live sex channel, eUrotic TV, on the same transponder. It will be interesting to see if it is any more adventurous than UK channels as it does not have to comply with the heavy handed regulation from Ofcom

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Can I use my existing DISH with any other box

no.

you can buy a dragon cam and years sub to a couple of proper hardcore channels for about £80 plus get alot of other stuff to boot on 13e footy ect more pron movies just get a cheap dish and box. or go the whole hog and get into the motorised hobby?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by the_wizzard
    no.

you can buy a dragon cam and years sub to a couple of proper hardcore channels for about £80 plus get alot of other stuff to boot on 13e footy ect more pron movies just get a cheap dish and box. or go the whole hog and get into the motorised hobby?

Sorry - I forgot to mention I live in an apartment in central london where satelite dishes are BANNED by the tenancy agreement.

I get around it by using a tiny 30cm Kerstan Dish hooked up to a sky digibox I bought from simplydigital

(I have awful TV reception using a massive TV aerial on the roof, ironically a crystal clear digital picture using the Kerstan Satellite dish)

(I used to have a Humax 5400 with a 1m dish a few years back when I lived up north)

I now live in TINY room that costs a fortune! But it's London & I like it here.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im an ex sky engineer and i seen something which might be handy for you..

Went to a womens flat, she lived on her own.. In her bedroom she had a 80cm dish drilled to the furthest wall away from the window.. it pointed at it..

When she wanted to watch some telly she would simply open her window and go watch telly .

Only problem with it she said was when its winter its freezing..

But what i trying to say is if you have your window pointing the right way you could make a mount somehow and point it at it.. might sound daft but its amazing to see what people do to get telly

Thanks
    Karma Level

Kalipo, thanks I am already using the 30cm Kerstan dish. It just sits on the window sill.

I have to open my window for it to work though! (and it's FREEZING!)

The dish is incredible. It cost £99 - expensive - but worth it.

I actually moved rooms (in my 'student halls') so that I could get a window pointing the right way!

Then the company I rent from got a new policy to put a window restrictor on all windows so it only opens a few cms. I got around that by getting a locksmith to override that.

I love my digital tv
    Last edited by jo.cassady; 12th November 2005 at 04:46 PM.