Request For Jobs? 07.11.07

Thread: Request For Jobs? 07.11.07

shaper said:

Help Re: Request For Jobs? 07.11.07

Hi all

I am currently looking for a job..I`m a Extruder Operator by trade (Plastic Manufacturer)
    I went back to a previous employer and stayed for 18months.found myself getting into a rut again and wondered why I went back. The company is currently over staffed and most days you are doing nothing more than sweeping up or cleaning machines. that’s fine if they need cleaning but when you are following the previous shift that has already completed this task. It became monotimus and mind numbing day in day out.

I currently live in Hyde, Cheshire and would consider any type of work providing it’s within a 10 mile radius.I`m not able to work nights. I do have current RTITB flt counter balance and electric hand truck licenses.with Warehouse & Distribution experience...

I also hold a clean driving license and could have use of the wives car but I now own & use a 125cc scooter.

Also 10 years work references would not be a problem from previous employers i will consider anything above the minimum wage. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Keva said:

Default Re: Request For Jobs? 07.11.07

Looking for work in the Gillingham, Dorset area.

My previous job was a Administration Assistant working alongside a small office basedl team, assisting with the scheduling of the days production.

Am look for a simillar role or anything that can keep me ticking over while I find something more permanant.

ka$h said:

Looking for work anywhere!

I've been out of work for 2 weeks now and in the house it is really doing my head in!

I work in the Oil & Gas sector as an Instrument Designer. Senior, Principal or Lead position prefered but tbh, any Electrical/Instrument design position considered.

Help me retain my sanity please before I do something silly........................... like sign on!

K

swiggy said:

Currently looking for a job as well... am 17 just finished my first year in college. Got a distinction for IT during it and really need a job for the summer and for the second year. I live in the north east of england (Near hartlepool if thats any help).
    Passed on a cv in a PM

polo-g40 said:

I am a 35year old Cisco/MS trained engineer. Looking for work (20k+ in Leicester, 25+ Out of the immediate area) after year off building, roofing and plastering.

Experience of PC hardware since the XT (and copies) to the present day. I remember fondly MFM &Rll st506 hard-cards (and entering bad-sectors lists in debug.). Turbo buttons.

Marconi trained (completed apprenticeship plus several years) in Electronics test, including RF (discrete and waveguide), Digital and analogue. Electronics and machine-shop production. tracker products worked on include Blindfire, Seawolf. Also 909 repairs.

Expericed in Printer/Copier mantanence and repair. Car-Engine rebuilds. Bodywork etc.

I was employed at a Leicestershire college for many years as network manager. Implimented a large/mid scale network (NT Domains/AD) 700pc's, 20+servers, 4 outcentres. Installed and configured Cisco based multi-gig-fibre backbone, layer3 (.1q et al) using 4006 and 2900/3500 edges... 802.11 links over 11 miles. ISDN, Sync Modems. Lucky to have 20mbit (In 1998too !)to JA.net, only 2 hops from LINQ. We were 1st college to give all students standard services such as useraccounts, email and web-space using my easy to use custom automated (vb then C#) based systems.
    Recent positions include being "the entire IT support department" at a lighing manufacturers.

Please find me ajob please someone!!
    :-)
    NEal

aloogobee said:

Hi
    I am a recent graduate looking for a position anywhere!!

I have just completed a MSc in Project Management in Engineering and before that did a BEng in Automotive Engineering. Looking for any type of design engineering position or even a project management or CAE/CAD role. Please guys help me start a career...

Thanks any help appreciated, a copy of my cv can be provided.

scullion said:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If you want to work in northern ireland this is the site to go to.
    Also [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] but alot of shit agencies on there
    There is currently a few jobs for Terex on both those sites you may be interested in

kez m said:

i am looking for a job currently manager at a bingo hall so customer service is what im good at also worked in warehousing looking around burnley lancs area any help would be appreciated

Bilbo_baggin said:

I wish I could find a job in Preston Lancashire that pays about £18k gross.

Been in retail for years, as a manager more recently, but I hate having to justify myself to business managers and I don't relish meeting the more senior staff above them!

I bet you can't help me. I ain't clever. Just an ordinary Joe.

There's nowt much different I can do I reckon. Unless you know something I don't....

Bilbo.

kez m said:

check out drl in horwich m8 im about to start and they are looking for staff 17000 minimum start

worker said:

can sam english fat pig give me a job i am poor imigrant from east europe ?

hilljd00 said:

Anyone here have experience in Sales?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]- 25% Disccount Available For DF Members. VIP's Receive 30% Off; PM for info - Authorised by Admin

EvilBoB said:

Just moved to northampton and my missus (she's 21) and my son (18) are both looking for work and finding it very hard. Between them they have applied for almost 500 positions and having no luck. The missus has had 2 interviews but not got the position.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

ivrytwr3 said:

worst "i'm banging a 21 year old" post ever.

DejaVu said:

worst 'I'm jealous as fuck' post ever.

kroner said:

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoB View Post
    Just moved to northampton and my missus (she's 21) and my son (18) are both looking for work and finding it very hard. Between them they have applied for almost 500 positions and having no luck. The missus has had 2 interviews but not got the position.
    Ever thought about learning to draw and play the stylophone professionally ?

dav said:

Default Re: Whos looking for a job?

hi
    I am looking for full time work

southeast London and London

Security just got my badge or retail or car parts Advisor

DejaVu said:

Default Re: Whos looking for a job?

Quote Originally Posted by dav View Post
    hi
    I am looking for full time work

southeast London and London

Security just got my badge or retail or car parts Advisor
    I know of work going in Purfleet/Dartford? You have to apply for the job through the Agency called 'Drakes'.
    The work is vehicle shunting around the Ports at Purfleet and Dartford at Dartford Crossing.

Wages are shit at minimum wage (£6.50 per hour). Work is a peace of piss.
    Each shift is at least 6 hours (0 contract to start - possible going to 40 hour after training) - but its a job - I'm doing it at the moment til something more significant comes up.

Obviously full driving licence required.
    Tell them you are interested in Shunt Driving and heard Drakes has jobs at Long Reach House Purfleet, through a friend.

Drakes - 0845 266 6506