Close

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Request For Jobs? 07.11.07

As in the title, if your looking for job post in and im sure we can all help with recruiting for your specific location / requirements. Or if you just need some friendly advice about job seeking etc.

Location?

job specification?

pay?

other alternitaves of work?

Just a thought as im sure someone on this board is looking for work and may need a helping hand or even spicing up their cv which is related in this thread

nik
    Last edited by Nikki; 18th August 2006 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Whos looking for a job?

Been looking for the good part of a year myself Moved down from Edinburgh to Liverpool and been looking here. I've resigned to looking for anything now, times are getting desperate! I think my problem is, im 22 now, and i have no work experience to write down (although i can always lie and say i worked for my dad though who's a self employed courier)

I left high school and went to college for 2 years and got an NC in Electronics Engineering, went to do the HNC but never got the final award because i failed a couple of units, but i passed everything else. The other half of the course was Music Technology so i've got a shitload of units in sound recording/multi-track mixing/microphones etc etc

Since leaving college ive more or less done nothing for 1-2 yrs, just bumming about and making music, making money myself doing odd bits and bobs and buying/selling stuff.

I was originally looking for any jobs in recording studios/theatres/tv studios/radio stations etc etc, willing to do more or less anything to get my foot in the door, but these kinda jobs seem to be quite few and far between. I managed to get an interview for Tapes Assistant for Hollyoaks at Mersey TV, but never got the job in the end (still gutted lol )

I've applied for other random jobs aswell, working with computers etc but all i've been getting is rejection letters. The latest rejection was from a bloody DIY store for a sales assistant !

Im worried the lack of any real work experience is hindering my chances, and also, im starting to wonder if down here they have no idea what my qualifications mean! ie, in Scotland the equivalent of GCSE's are Standard Grades, and A levels are Highers.

Im looking for anything now, today i reluctantly called places like Wilkinsons and Poundland *hangs head in shame* lol

There's a couple jobs at John Moores Uni im going to apply for aswell though

http://cwis.livjm.ac.uk/VacancyDetai...VacancyID=2420

and

http://cwis.livjm.ac.uk/VacancyDetai...VacancyID=2419

Oh yeah, one more thing (thats enough of my life story for now lol)

I've got an application sitting here for John Lewis's and there's a few questions i could do with some pointers on...gonna need to blag my way thru all of them lol

1)What appeals to you about working with us?
    2)When was the last time you received great customer service, and why was it memorable?
    3)Tell us about an experience or achievement that you are proud of

Okay, i'll shut up now
    Last edited by Deadly; 4th August 2005 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Remember, we're looking for tekkies all the time,

http://uk.jobs.eds.be/

Have a look, find an opening, then PM me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers m8, having a look now

Thanks
    Karma Level

i know someone who works in poundland, some people think they should be ashmed but i think the pay is quite good compared to stores who are much higher in class should we say. Just because they are a cheap shop doesent mean they dont pay well.

For instance round here a job at sainsburys theyd pay you around 4.90 - 5.20 depending according to recent research, now if you went to aldi 2 miles from sainsburys you could earn 7 an hr for sitting on a till. Surprises me. But think whos better off when you get your wage packet :-)

i looked up this for you according to your post.

http://www.ukworksearch.com/ work search for many catagories

http://www.liverpoolfairs.org.uk/ if you fancy building on your education

http://www.touchliverpool.com/business/list/bid/1287620 contains list of agencies within liverpool

all the best mate

nik

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the links Taking a look through them now.

The Poundland job is part time and only pays minimum wage though. I noticed Aldi payed really good aswell, i forgot about them, will need to check them out.

Other reason im more desperate now is that i had my Jobseekers allowance stopped completely because i never attended a course they wanted me to go on...about how to write a cv, and send you on "outdoor team activities" and how to search for a job....and had me doing tests which reminded me of stuff i done when i was about 12..lol..fill in missing words in paragraphs etc...i guess they just assume if you havn't got a job in 6 months you must be thick as sh-t lol

Thanks again, off to look through these sites.

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.aldi.co.uk/recruitment/recruitment_5.html

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/p...a.c.verkaeufer

www.liverpooljobs.net

trainee resturant supervisor telephone 0151 7091070 and ask for David Marrs. This job 5 per hr and is in merseyside.

Retail security officer in merseyside, experience advantage but not essential as training will be given. ring 0121 6333702 and ask for the recruitment line. Fortis Guarding Services Ltd is the company.

Promotion staff at the sports cafe in Sir Thomas Street, Liverpool, email ronan@thesportscafe.net with a cv. 5 per hr.

heres a few i found for you mate whether they intrest you is another thing
    all the best

nik

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks alot for that, much appreciated. Security one and the promotion staff one sounds not bad, think i'll give them a phone/email. Thing i've found with previous security jobs i've looked at, they all wanted experience and a 10 yr checkable work history, so that one seems to fit the bill a bit more. Cant believe lidl and aldi pay so much aswell lol

Im off to check the liverpooljobs site now.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm a graduate looking for a job at the minute. I've a BSc Mathematics 2:2 from Exeter. I've applied to AWE but havent heard anything yet. I'm also about to apply to EDS and i'm also applying to customer systems Plc but i dont think i'll get a job there tbh. Finding graduate jobs is harder than you'd think. Nearly everywhere asks for a 2:1 or a 1st

I'm looking for research and defence jobs mainly (hence AWE, also going to apply to BAE when their applications open again) Preferably something that i can get into engineering with so i'd have a maths degree and engineering qualifications.
    I've also recently been looking at the IT consultancy jobs that i've found posted on here and found them quite interesting, especially some of the salaries (aka £36k + car for customer systems)

I have a CV and a generic covering letter which i adapt for each job

Thanks
    Karma Level

i looked here

Recruitment agencies in exeter here

http://www.jamjobs.co.uk/

i have also contacted a mate of mine regarding this who is not associated with this board, so i will post in when he gets back to me.

all the best

nik

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just typing up a covering letter and i have to email it to the company. When sending it via post you can sign the letter and print your name but when emailing it is it better to just type your name or actually scan in your signature?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Epiphany
    Just typing up a covering letter and i have to email it to the company. When sending it via post you can sign the letter and print your name but when emailing it is it better to just type your name or actually scan in your signature?
    i would type the name, if sending it then of course sign it, but most cvs i have seen its just typed up.

through the post then signature it as you've handled the cv if you get me

all the best

nik

Thanks
    Karma Level

hi there,

myself and the wife currently live in cheshire but are looking to buy a house on the isle of seil in scotland, oban is the nearest major-ish town so we have been looking for jobs in that area but so far we have found nothing suitable.
    we look at the job centre website every day but dont know where else to look.
    help please !!!!.
    my wife is currently self employed and works as a qualified childminder from home and although she enjoys doing this she would be willing to do other jobs related to childcare for example classroom assistant etc.
    i currently work as a tradeplate driver (delivering and collecting cars to all over the uk) ideally i would love to continue doing this if i could find a company to work for, however i also have a lot of experience in the warehouse/transport industry and hold current counterbalance and reach forklift truck licences and also hold a psv/pcv licence so i can drive buses and coaches,hopefully somebody can point out a few places to look for work.

thanks for taking the time to look..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    Karma Level

For the missis

Note taker at school / uni/ colleges around various areas. This job is only for certain lessons within a child / adults timetable. cv must be sent to jacqueline@acornscotland.co.uk.

For you

Warehouse operator that requirements meet your flt licneces, (reach) send cv to charles.turner@jobs.hudson.com, if this vacancy is already gone by the time you move, then im sure just emailing with exact area and preference and see what becomes of it.

this is recruitment through scotland so this might be of some use when you have moved

LGV drivers send cv into following address

REACT Transport Services Ltd
    24 West Shore Road
    Edinburgh
    EH5 1QD

can you give anymore nearby locations in where you wish to work so i can extend my research further

all the best, hope any of the above becomes useful when feasible after the move.

nik

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hello Nikki
    I live in Stafford and have been looking for work for a year.
    I am a qualified Mechanical Engineer and have experience in fault finding on automation equipment.
    Looking for any local jobs that require light lifting duties as I have a dodgy back.
    Salary is'nt too important as long as it's inline with going rates.
    Thanks in advance

Ian

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ianbarker
    Hello Nikki
    I am a qualified Mechanical Engineer and have experience in fault finding on automation equipment.
    Looking for any local jobs that require light lifting duties as I have a dodgy back.
    Thanks in advance

Ian
    Bloody hell small world, I live in Stafford as well.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hehe Small world Wizard :thumbs

Ian

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ianbarker
    Hello Nikki
    Thanks in advance

Ian

Penkridge

40 hrs per week, monday - friday 8.30 - 5

ring 01785 715985 and speak to Rich Rawlings

If you want agency work ring 01922 722552 this is an agency in walsall which can associate you with jobs in stafford within your work sector.

Engineer

40 hours per week, covering a 7 day rota 6-3pm

Send your cv to Freshway Foods Ltd, Stafford Court, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV10 7EL

Service engineer

Must have experience of reciprocating compressors and a strong mechanical background. A clean driving licence essential to drive a company van. Duties include servicing and installation of reciprocating compressors to industry.

Stowan Engineering - 0870 2414592 and speak to Phil Evans

Maintenece Engineer - Willenhall

Must have a good practical working knowledge of industrial electrics and the ability to handle the mechanical equipment this entails. A 16th edition registered qualification is preferred, but equivalent qualifications and/or experience is acceptable. Duties include maintaining the safe and efficient operation of the plant and provide full availability of equipment to the maintenance team and carry out preventative maintenance of the equipment involved within the scope of the planned maintenance system.

0121 5255505 and ask for Eleanorr millls

Maintenece Engineer - wolverhampton

40 hrs per week

Must have previous experience and the ability to interpret drawings and manuals. Main duties will include maintaining electronic liquid filling machines, electronic labelling and coding machines, electric transfer belts, pneumatic pumps, motors and mixers and other associated duties as required.

send your cv to stephen@bubblesandmore.co.uk

Mechanical engineer - tamworth

Applicants must be time served with previous fabrication experience. Duties include maintenance of production machinery, pipes and factory facilities.

37.5 per week

01332 381987 speak to Maggie sheltonn

Maintenece engineer - telford

Ricoh UK

The ideal candidate will have an ONC in Electrical engineering with some mechanical experience, a recognised apprenticeship served in a related discipline and 5 years post experience in a high speed continuous manufacturing environment.

38.5 hrs per week

ring 01952 212676 and speak to Becki Jones

let us know if you require any more

nik

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thank you nikki,
    You are a Star

K+

Ian

Thanks
    Karma Level

hi

im looking for a part time job as im 16 and going to turn 17 in sept, havent got much experience, have worked in my cousins grocers shop for a bit, the working hours werent set, just whenever they needed my help really, and the week work experience i had as being an IT engineer in a office. I need something on the weekends in slough area, oh yeh and ive got 13 GCSE's

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast