Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Thicko needs help!!

right, heres the prob, i want to start running an irc xdcc server and i have all the necessary softwarez etc!

my problem is my irc seems to want to send everything through port 68992 which is 'obscure' to say the least!

i have done virus checks galore, run adaware and ssd and am sure it is not being caused by a piece of malware!

i have made sure all the settings within irc and the xdcc manager within invision are correct as to which ports to use etc...

i have opened the ports i want to use, i.e. 1024-1043 on my router and as far as i know, that is all correct!

then i try to send dcc, either direct or thru the server, (another client requesting the pack ) and mirc tries to send on 68992!!!

i can find no reference whatsoever to this port in ANY of the settings of either my router, mirc or invision!!

Whats my prob guys??? someone out there has got to know,

router is a PTI PAE-CE84 but the user interface on portforward.com for my router is wrong, on there the gui for the PAE-CE81 is the same as the one on my router!

running winxp pro sp2 on a xp2200+

any ideas guys?

Laz

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Thicko needs help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaru5
    right, heres the prob, i want to start running an irc xdcc server and i have all the necessary softwarez etc!

my problem is my irc seems to want to send everything through port 68992 which is 'obscure' to say the least!

i have done virus checks galore, run adaware and ssd and am sure it is not being caused by a piece of malware!

i have made sure all the settings within irc and the xdcc manager within invision are correct as to which ports to use etc...

i have opened the ports i want to use, i.e. 1024-1043 on my router and as far as i know, that is all correct!

then i try to send dcc, either direct or thru the server, (another client requesting the pack ) and mirc tries to send on 68992!!!

i can find no reference whatsoever to this port in ANY of the settings of either my router, mirc or invision!!

Whats my prob guys??? someone out there has got to know,

router is a PTI PAE-CE84 but the user interface on portforward.com for my router is wrong, on there the gui for the PAE-CE81 is the same as the one on my router!

running winxp pro sp2 on a xp2200+

any ideas guys?

Laz
    I cant directly help but if your ports are correctly open and u have a general connection prob try this,cured my issue which i`d tried sorting for weeks
    http://www.proxyjudge.com/

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Thicko needs help!!

no joy m8, tells me all is well, ie the ports that should be open are, but i have now stuffed up dcc in with messing around changing settings!!!

having a real hunt now for relevant docs via our old friend google, will let u know if i sort it!!

still, if anyone knows what i have done wrong, or wanna suggest that i might be wrong in thinking i have it set correctly, then fire away with sensible solutions please!!

thanx

Laz