Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Insurance Section???

I was just wondering if there was a possibility of perhaps adding an Insurance Section to the forum??

I work for an Insurance Brokers in the west midlands and we deal with a vast amount of UK Insurance Companies who offer many types of insurance such as Private Car, Household, Commercial Vehicle, Motorcycle, Classic Car/Motorcycle, Caravan, Motor Trade, Public/Employers Liability and Travel Insurance.

I would be more than happy to help any member in need of insurance on any of the above insurance types or just to answer general questions regarding insurance matters!

The quotes that we offer are ultra competitive to todays market and in some cases we can beat them by a large margin.

Thought i would just put this to the Admin/Mods and perhaps any members who may be interested in acquiring quotes via DF rather than having to phone up each insurance company individually or trawl through the endless internet based insurance companies!!!

I look forward to each and everybody's response to this enquiry :thumbs

Thanx Again

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Insurance Section???

Hmm.. and when people have posted all there personal info to get a quote, we can have an identity theft forum too with 10% of each fraudulent transaction being donated to DF.. Sounds like a great idea :/

Thanks
    Karma Level

sounds like a fab idea mate! ive got a few contents insurance claim questions myself actually :whistle can i pm ya?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Re: Insurance Section???

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidJay
    sounds like a fab idea mate! ive got a few contents insurance claim questions myself actually :whistle can i pm ya?
    yea sure

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gimp
    Hmm.. and when people have posted all there personal info to get a quote, we can have an identity theft forum too with 10% of each fraudulent transaction being donated to DF.. Sounds like a great idea :/
    If you would like to keep your details under wraps then there is no harm in PM'ing me and i will treat all information with great care. Alternatively there are phone numbers or e-mail addresses u could use to attain a quote!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think something you will have to bear in mind is that if someone approaches you for a quote and you are like most other Insurance Companies "We are the cheapest..yada yada yada" and you turn out not to be, you will get loads of grief on here.

People who use this kind of place are fairly financially astute and will still surf around for a better quote, you are simply adding yourself to the people to check, which is fair enough, as long as you appreciate that
    Me and my fella spit our dummies out so we won't be coming back. ever. boo hoo.

This is a techy / hackers forum not a fu**ing mothers meeting so - peace out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2
    bit harsh mate!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse
    bit harsh mate!
    I look forward to each and everybody's response to this enquiry

:tongue
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by lin
    I think something you will have to bear in mind is that if someone approaches you for a quote and you are like most other Insurance Companies "We are the cheapest..yada yada yada" and you turn out not to be, you will get loads of grief on here.

People who use this kind of place are fairly financially astute and will still surf around for a better quote, you are simply adding yourself to the people to check, which is fair enough, as long as you appreciate that
    Of course i appreciate that and i'm not going to say i am the cheapest, just giving people another alternative to try and get a better quote! I can handle the grief side of things, i do it everyday in my job, people mouthing and bawling down the phone because they can get it £5 cheaper elsewhere and wanting to know why i can't do this and that for them. People these days expect insurance to come for nothing!

It's not just that i want to give people quotes either, i would like to offer advice and answer any questions that are bothering them about their insurance policy!

As it says in the introduce yourself section 'Tell us what you are good at and what you can offer' well i believe i am good at what i do for a living and would like to offer my services to the members of DF as it has given so much to me so i think its about time i give something back!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2
    :tongue
    ok fair enough, you got me on that one

Thanks
    Karma Level

Of course i appreciate that and i'm not going to say i am the cheapest, just giving people another alternative to try and get a better quote! I can handle the grief side of things, i do it everyday in my job, people mouthing and bawling down the phone because they can get it £5 cheaper elsewhere and wanting to know why i can't do this and that for them. People these days expect insurance to come for nothing!

It's not just that i want to give people quotes either, i would like to offer advice and answer any questions that are bothering them about their insurance policy!

As it says in the introduce yourself section 'Tell us what you are good at and what you can offer' well i believe i am good at what i do for a living and would like to offer my services to the members of DF as it has given so much to me so i think its about time i give something back!

IMHO you are opening a whole can of worms, your first post sounds live a newspaper advert for your comapny, with "Ultra Competative Quotes" then above you say "Of course i appreciate that and i'm not going to say i am the cheapest", and to add to it your comment about people wanting insurence for nothing is shite, what we want is a fair price and for companys to pay up without trying to screw us out of every penny the can, I have never in my life mothed or bawled down the phone to save £5 I have however if i think the advisor does not know what they are on about, which has happened far to often.
    Lastley, just out of intrest, if you did give/get a quote for anyone on DF and they took the policy is their any fiancail incentive to you, ie commision etc.
    I really don't see this as being a starter.
    :kissass :cry: Hmm I wonder which 3 this is ????

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BLUTO141
    IMHO you are opening a whole can of worms, your first post sounds live a newspaper advert for your comapny, with "Ultra Competative Quotes" then above you say "Of course i appreciate that and i'm not going to say i am the cheapest", and to add to it your comment about people wanting insurence for nothing is shite, what we want is a fair price and for companys to pay up without trying to screw us out of every penny the can, I have never in my life mothed or bawled down the phone to save £5 I have however if i think the advisor does not know what they are on about, which has happened far to often.
    Lastley, just out of intrest, if you did give/get a quote for anyone on DF and they took the policy is their any fiancail incentive to you, ie commision etc.
    I really don't see this as being a starter.

can you provide insurance for some power crazy lithuanians buying a football club,screwing it into the ground and finally knocking down their stadium to build flats

relax jambo just a bit of banter from your hibbie friends

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can we have a kitchen sink forum as well? With all of these suggestions aren't we moving away from what DF is really about?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wizard1974uk
    Can we have a kitchen sink forum as well? With all of these suggestions aren't we moving away from what DF is really about?
    Sounds fantastic, here's mine.

Agreed with wizard1974uk, the clue is in the name, DIGITAL FORUMS. I think we should keep it (roughly) related and Insurance quotes etc. are just going to cause problems.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by doug
    can you provide insurance for some power crazy lithuanians buying a football club,screwing it into the ground and finally knocking down their stadium to build flats

relax jambo just a bit of banter from your hibbie friends

you would need to be MAD as a hatter to insure that lot of fuzzy wuzzy's :cartman
    :kissass :cry: Hmm I wonder which 3 this is ????