Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Highly Pompus Email Exchange

Thought this would make an amusing read for you all. After the delivery date of the TV I wanted getting put back at the last minute for the 3rd time I took issue with the company. It started with a minor grievance and some advice tothem (I work as a business adviser). But rather than take it on the chin I was astonished at the pomposity that came back! Naturally, as you'll see, I was equally pompus back but I'm allowed - I'm the customer! Anyway it just got a bit silly and I particularly like the frequent unprofessional use of emoticons! Enjoy:

Hi there,

The stock for the above mentioned order is showing as overdue on your website. Could you update me on when to expect the stock?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
    <o> </o>
    <o></o>

Dear Sir,<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Apologies for the lack of info - I will email you as soon as the purchaser responds to my request for feedback.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Best Regards,<o></o>
    Komplett<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>

Dear Sir,

Those are now due next week.
    Apologies for the delay.

Best Regards,
    Komplett<o></o>

<o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Ok. Would it would be possible then for you to send me the wall bracket I have purchased first so that I can mount it before the television arrives?<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Regards, <o></o>
    ________________________________________________<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    Dear Sir,<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    We can't split an order I'm afraid :-(<o></o>
    Sorry for not being able to offer much help.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Best Regards,<o></o>
    Komplett<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    Highly unimpressive.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Regards, <o></o>
    ________________________________________________<o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Dear Sir,<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    I can only suggest allowing me to cancel the brackets.<o></o>
    You can then place a new order for those and they will ship without the holdup.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Best Regards,<o></o>
    Komplett<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    Can you advise if the Samsung LE32M's have come in today please?<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    Dear Sir,<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    I'm afraid we don't know yet.<o></o>
    The warehouse team will inform us by tomorrow morning if they arrived as scheduled, otherwise our purchaser should update the info on the website. Please email us again tomorrow if no news is posted online.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Best Regards,<o></o>
    Komplett<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    I note that the stock date on this has been put back again on the expected receipt date! I have been waiting for this item for quite some time before ordering and after placing my order for several weeks now.

I must admit to being quite astonished at the apparent lack of any kind of control of stock or actual information your team have on this. The amount of shoulder shrugging and "don't know's" that come from you is astonishing. Almost as if your idea of managing supply is to keep your fingers crossed!

I appreciate it is likely that distribution is difficult at this time of year, but if this was one of my businesses I would be changing distributor and not allow myself to be fobbed off with invented delivery dates. You will only lose custom.

I am going to search for another supplier of this television with stock. If I should find one before your stock arrives I will expect a refund.

J.
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Dear Sir,<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    We haven't billed you yet, so a refund is not neccessary.<o></o>
    If you cancel your order, the reservation will be lifted from your account - no monies have been taken as yet. The situation is exactly as I described yesterday - the date is unconfirmed (as it was when you placed the order), it would be unreasonable for us to place demands on the supplier at this stage.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    It is the suppliers right to change the delivery date - if the delay becomes too great, or we can source the product elsewhere, we will change suppliers. We can't simply cancel with them and begin at square one with another supplier without just cause, and frankly, a couple of delivery adjustments (while inconvenient for all involved) is not reason enough.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    I apologise for the delay, but I reject the assertion that we are stringing you along with little to no knowledge of the situation. We know as much now as we did when you first ordered. If this screen is as easy to get elsewhere as you suggest, I would urge you to buy from another source. The truth is, with this product, the delays are almost certainly not localised to Komplett.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Best Regards,<o></o>
    Komplett<o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Hi there,

Could you cancel my order for this television please and for the associated wall mounting bracket. 121 Electricals have them in stock it seems.

I do not wish to seem flippant nor engage in what is becoming a quite pompus email exchange, but the lengthy explanation of the internal parry & joust between customer and supplier is moot I'm afraid. In reality customer perception is what is all important and the perception here is poor - it cannot be denied. Underpromissing & overdelivering - particularly where timescales are concerned - is what impresses customers, and here the reverse is true. If this perception to your customers is being driven from your supply side then, regardless of what you say, it would be advisable to take issue. The customer cares not about the internal workings of your business - only that they are satisfied with the end result. All too often people who live and breathe the business every day are guilty of forgetting this simple fact.

Anyway, as I said, I say this not to be pompus but as a positive piece of customer feed back which you can choose to use or ignore at your own discretion.

All the best,

<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Dear Sir,<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    I have cancelled that for you now.<o></o>
    We haven't underpromised and overdelivered, but neither have we overpromised and underdelivered. Transparancy impresses customers too and we cannot be accused of not being absolutely clear about the situation. You may not be impressed with us informing you of the backroom isues involved with obtaining the TV, but many customers appreciate the honesty and overview.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    As I say, if you can find the TV elsewhere, I would not hesitate in advising you to cancel the order with us and ordering from there - another example of the honesty our customers enjoy.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Best Regards,<o></o>
    Komplett<o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Ok, thanks for that.

It has to be said, without a doubt, the most admirable quality of any company with good service is it's ability to listen to their customers (even when it is criticism!) and regardless of any personal opinions or antagonism about the current situation - humbly take it on the chin and smile with some humility. Undeniably you lack this commendable quality as disagreeing and one-upmanship in is the complete antithesis of this.

To coin a phrase: "The customer is always right - even when they're not!"
    Adopt this and you will have learned something.
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Dear Sir,<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    It is indeed undeniable that I have been unable to "smile with some humility" via email. If you would be gracious enough to explain how that can be achieved, I would be most interested.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Rather than continue what you regard as one-upmanship, we could also agree that Komplett is not the company for you, and that you are not the customer for us. We can continue to discuss the best way forward for Komplett, but we're actually rather happy with the way things are going as it is :-)<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Best Regards,<o></o>
    Komplett<o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Sigh... your predictable response, of course, proves my point - but I am sure you are aware of that. I thank you for at least making an attempt to smile with humility via email at the end! I would, however, have credited you with more intelligence than to not recognise that the reference was metaphorical.

I am very glad that you are satisfied with Komplett in the short term. I do hope that, unlike any market on record, yours holds complete and indefinite uniformity and that you never have to react to consumer demand at any point.

Alas, I was only trying to help. :-(<o></o>

J.
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Dear Sir,<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    I do hate being predictable, so I retire from the conversation forthwith. I suppose you expected this response.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Best Regards,<o></o>
    Komplett<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    Stop emailing me please sweetheart, I have work to do.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Dear Sir,
    <o></o>
    Not a problem :- (
    I have disabled your Komplett account so that any risk of coontact with people on the "outside" is firmly removed.
    <o></o>
    Best Regards,
    Komplett
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    At the risk of repeating myself, I do not wish to receive any more emails from your company from this point on. Do not send me any more.
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Lets bring back the word Rad......

[live=Sushi%20MaC]Sushi MaC[/live]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Highly Pompus Email Exchange

spot on... bit long whinded but a rather good vertual joust of words!!!! no I shall say brilliant
    Who were you when you thought you where you was?. Whats a matter for can't you want to?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Made me laff...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Can't believe a company would get that cheeky with customers. Would have cancelled my order a long time before you did

Thanks
    Karma Level

i would forward that shit on to the managing director or someone who will not tolerate it!

Thanks
    Karma Level

arsey customer sulking at not getting his tele... i'd have cancelled and gone elsewhere at the first knockback.

imho honesty is the best policy and the customer isn't always right...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

lmao Re: Highly Pompus Email Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by micko69
    i would forward that shit on to the managing director or someone who will not tolerate it!
    listen grim shady... just coz you on second line dont mean you can spout
    Who were you when you thought you where you was?. Whats a matter for can't you want to?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James
    arsey customer sulking at not getting his tele... i'd have cancelled and gone elsewhere at the first knockback.

imho honesty is the best policy and the customer isn't always right...
    Agreed
    All sweeping statements are wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry JMC but I think komplett beat you hands down there. You did the age old tactic (often seen in forum flaming wars) of claiming you don't want to take part in 'one upmanship' but constantly doing the contrary. He told you the truth, you didn't like it.
    It has to be said, without a doubt, the most admirable quality of any company with good service is it's ability to listen to their customers (even when it is criticism!) and regardless of any personal opinions or antagonism about the current situation - humbly take it on the chin and smile with some humility. Undeniably you lack this commendable quality as disagreeing and one-upmanship in is the complete antithesis of this.
    To coin a phrase: "The customer is always right - even when they're not!"
    Adopt this and you will have learned something.
    That sounds like you're just saying 'look, you have to say I'm right otherwise you're a bad company'.
    The fact you said you don't want to speak to them again but still had to reply to say 'At the risk of repeating myself, I do not wish to receive any more emails from your company from this point on. Do not send me any more.' shows your one-upmanship! If I was the MD of komplett I probably wouldn't do anything if you complained. Funny exchange though!

*edit I seem a bit harsh there, it is seriously f**ing annoying when companies mess you about like that so I spose he could have had a bit more humility (although I don't think he was initially that rude or said anything wrong).
    Last edited by Porthos; 13th December 2005 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I honestly can't see what Komplett have done wrong? They had no stock and the supplier kept changing the dates. They took no money. They told you the total truth.

All this "the customer is always right" crud... what exactly were they supposed to do? Magic you a TV out of thin air or lie to you that one would defo be there by the end of the week???

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have to say that I have ordered a few things from Komplett and they have always been very good. There online tracking of delivery is the best I have ever seen.

Dan

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm sorry but the customer is always right. Kompett shouldn't even have sold him a product that they didn't have in stock. It shouldn't even have been on their website.

As for that bollocks about not splitting orders, that's just simply obstructive and not customer focused at all. Always beware of a company who have polices to make their lives easier rather than the customers.

The very fact they had no idea when stock would arrive is poor, if they haven't got an open communication channel with their suppliers then they need to sort that out.

As for the tone of the emails from their customer service team, shocking.
    Last edited by CzarJunkie; 13th December 2005 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie
    I'm sorry but the customer is always right. Kompett shouldn't even have sold him a product that they didn't have in stock. It shouldn't even have been on their website.

As for that bollocks about not splitting orders, that's just simply obstructive and not customer focused at all. Always beware of a company who have polices to make their lives easier rather than the customers.

The very fact they had no idea when stock would arrive is poor, if they haven't got an open communication channel with their suppliers then they need to sort that out.

As for the tone of the emails from their customer service team, shocking.

Thank you!

I think everyone is missing the point just a tad and, in the main, taking the "customer is always right" comment way too literally! (you will notice there is a latter part to that comment which has been duly ignored- "even when they're not!")

The point being that any customer focussed company worth it's salt should focus on the individual customer needs and resolve problems to the best of their ability. It is a proven fact, not an opinion, that a customer who leaves with a highly successful resolution to a problem is happier than a customer who was satisfied in the first instance.

Customers are the lifeblood of a company and their feedback is often the only indication of market change a company has. If the company cannot react to the market, it will die.

Anyways, I just wanted a laugh and a sly dig at the company, not to get on the soapbox but hey ho!

J.

Oh and P.S. no I didn't want a telly to magically appear - only some respect and proposal of a resolution. Yes, I know I was engaging in one-upmanship and I know I was taking the piss toward the end - the point is that to be service focussed (& ultimately retain business and make money) it is the company who should avoid engaging in this and try to resolve the situation. It's just poor practice, that's all!
    Lets bring back the word Rad......

[live=Sushi%20MaC]Sushi MaC[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Here ya go JMc, you might need this shortly..

Spoiler: