Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Looking for cheap (£100'ish) 5.1 setup for 360 and DVD, any recommendations please?

As title really, would like a cheap, small, unobtrusive 5.1 setup for my 360, something that won't annoy the neighbours or the girlfriend! I have a Premium with component connections, and optical output, so would ideally like to connect with this, and also connect my Yamada DVX6600 to it, which I believe has SPDIF digital output? Thanks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Looking for cheap (£100'ish) 5.1 setup for 360 and DVD, any recommendations please?

i dont think 100 quid is anywhere near enough for 6 speakers and an amp.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Looking for cheap (£100'ish) 5.1 setup for 360 and DVD, any recommendations pleas

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}}
    i dont think 100 quid is anywhere near enough for 6 speakers and an amp.
    I'm just after a very basic package, with the amp/decoder built into the sub, something along the lines of a set of 5.1 PC speakers. It's not enough of a budget, but it's all I've got for now, just want to hear the cars sneaking up on me in PGR3!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Looking for cheap (£100'ish) 5.1 setup for 360 and DVD, any recommendations please?

i wouldnt bother mate, seriously, such cheap speakers are gonna suck, just get a cheap amp and a set of stereo speakers and then add to it in a few months when u have some more cash.

Thanks
    Karma Level

if your looking for a real cheap solution look at asda they have a 5.1 setup at £35 ok it might not be fantastic but it does come with 5 speakers a built in sub.
    A few people hav ethem and tell me that the sound is awesome although i cant personnaly comment on this.
    And if its not to your liking just take it back there not bothered at all if u want it or not i would also think that the other bigger supermarkets will have these type of packages.

[live=tyjay]tyjay[/live]
    hitachi 79FL flashed :)

Thanks
    Karma Level

If your 360 is in the same room as your PC you could get a 5.1 set up for your PC with an optical input and use them speakers.... cheaper alternative.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Check Richersounds out. I just had a quick look and they got this : http://ws1.richersounds.com/showprod...id=SHAR-HTM700 for £99
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Looking for cheap (£100'ish) 5.1 setup for 360 and DVD, any recommendations pleas

Thanks for all the replies.

{{909}} - I've already got a fantastic stereo system (Marantz PM6010SE, Marantz CD6000KI Sig, and a set of JM Labs Chorus 706's) in the living room where the 360 is, no room or desire to downgrade this to a home cinema setup, and I'd just get my arse kicked for having big speakers all over the place, hence the need for small satellites.

tylerjosh - Thanks mate, might check them out, although they may not have digital inputs at that price.

Goldberg - PC's upstairs in my little 'office', 360's downstairs in the living room. Shame, great idea!

EvilBob - Richer Sounds was going to be one of my ports of call, although I don't really need ANOTHER DVD player, that package does look smart.

Thanks
    Karma Level

just checked with my m8 it aint got optical input if it had then it would be £100
    hitachi 79FL flashed :)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Slight update, probably going for something a little different now, fairly discrete speakers, shame about the amp!!! Click me!
    It's about the cheapest thing I can find with 2 optical inputs, and has the benefit (for me) of component switching as I only have 1 set on my TV, and would like 1 for my 360, and 1 for my DVD player.
    The main reason I'm going for the Yamaha is flexibility, it's going to be a lot more upgradeable if I ever feel the need, and there's also the advantage of being able to buy it at the Metro Centre (Lintone Audio, £200), handy when you've got 500 quid in vouchers there, so it's effectively free!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Try ebay mate, I picked up a gorgeous Panasonic SA-HE7 amp with sub and 5 speakers for £125 secondhand...all boxed etc.

2 x optical inputs and it's bleeding loud!

I'm still only playing Geo Wars though.
    Trying not to kill myself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMQH_xrFmKU